Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Book Publishers stocks down 1.8% on average while median return down 1.8% in a day
- Book Publishers stocks down 1.4% on average while median return down 1.3% in a week
- Book Publishers stocks up 1.3% on average while median return up 0.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $PSO 9.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $EDUC -7.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $PSO 5.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $EDUC -7.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is -3.6%, for the past 3 months is 21.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 78.7%, the lowest correlation is -91.8%, the latest correlation is 67.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is -3.6% between EDUC and PSO
The lowest correlation is -3.6% between EDUC and PSO
TULSA, Okla., Nov. 05, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Educational Development Corporation (“EDC”, or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: EDUC) (http://www.edcpub.com) reports that the Company has achieved record monthly net revenues in October in excess of $23 million and grew to over 56,000 active sales consultants in the Company’s Usborne Books and More (UBAM) Sales Division at the end of October. Randall White, CEO of Educational Development Corporation, announced the milestones yesterday in a weekly update t...
MARION, N.Y., Nov. 04, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Seneca Foods Corporation (NASDAQ: SENEA, SENEB) today announced financial results for the second quarter and six months ended September 26, 2020. Highlights (vs. year-ago, second quarter results): * Net sales increased 5.5% to $390.3 million. * Gross margin percentage increased from 6.5% to 12.5% as compared to the prior year three months due to higher selling prices and higher sales volume in the second quarter of 2021.“The second quarter show...
There are a few key trends to look for if we want to identify the next multi-bagger. Typically, we'll want to notice a...
U.K.-listed Pearson is the world’s largest educational provider. The company has been disposing of noncore businesses such as the Financial Times, The Economist, and publishing house Penguin, and is now focused on being an educational resource and testing provider. While Pearson’s primary activity centres on higher-level education, the firm also has significant operations in providing clinical assessments, professional certification and testing.
Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings of Pearson plc and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical unit. The review was conducted through a portfolio review in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers.
Image source: The Motley Fool. Pearson PLC (NYSE: PSO)Q3 2020 Earnings CallOct 14, 2020, 3:30 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorHello and welcome to the Pearson Q3 Trading Update Analysts Call.
The publishing-and-education giant reported a 10% fall in sales in the third quarter of 2020, compared with the same period last year.
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Pearson plc (LON:PSON) by taking the forecast future...
The big shareholder groups in Seneca Foods Corporation (NASDAQ:SENE.A) have power over the company. Generally...
Randall White became the CEO of Educational Development Corporation (NASDAQ:EDUC) in 1986, and we think it's a good...