Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Book Publishers stocks up 1.7% on average while median return up 1.8% in a day
- Book Publishers stocks up 3.6% on average while median return up 3.8% in a week
- Book Publishers stocks up 0.2% on average while median return up 1.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $PSO 15.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $EDUC -12.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $PSO 13.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $EDUC -5.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is -31.0%, for the past 3 months is -21.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 47.1%, the lowest correlation is -97.1%, the latest correlation is -53.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is -31.0% between EDUC and PSO
The lowest correlation is -31.0% between EDUC and PSO
TULSA, Okla., Aug. 06, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Educational Development Corporation (“EDC”, or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: EDUC) (http://www.edcpub.com) today reports record July net revenues and record number of active consultants at the end of July, 2020. Randall White, CEO of Educational Development Corporation, announced that during July 2020, the second month of the second fiscal quarter, the Company recognized approximately $22.3 million in net revenues, compared to approximately $7.9 million...
MARION, N.Y., Aug. 05, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Seneca Foods Corporation (NASDAQ: SENEA, SENEB) today announced financial results for the first quarter ended June 27, 2020. Highlights (vs. year-ago, first quarter results): * Net sales increased 8.8% to $288.2 million. * Gross margin percentage increased from 7.2% to 16.9% as compared to the prior year three months due to higher selling prices in the first quarter of 2021. “During the first quarter, we continued to see improved results from o...
New Mountain Vantage Advisers disclosed an interest of 2,979,665 shares of enterprise IT-services firm Virtusa. New Enterprise Associates revealed an initial position in Nkarta, an oncology biotech firm, of 2,902,115 shares.
Last week, you might have seen that Pearson plc (LON:PSON) released its interim result to the market. The early...
The main aim of stock picking is to find the market-beating stocks. But even the best stock picker will only win with...
PSO earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2020.
British education company Pearson swung to a first-half loss due to the impact of COVID-19 although it said it was on track to deliver adjusted operating profit broadly consistent with expectations as markets recovered. The company, which has withdrawn its guidance for the year, has mobilised its resources to provide more capacity to help students learn online and said underlying sales had fallen 17% in the first half but a recovery had been under way since June.
Q1 2021 Educational Development Corp Earnings Call
They could be good value opportunities Continue reading...
With school openings uncertain for the fall and the threat of a fresh round of stay-at-home orders in big U.S. cities, investors may be looking for a new way to get in on the burgeoning field of online learning. To do so in one fell swoop, look no further than the first education-focused thematic exchange-traded fund, EDUT, which debuted on July 14. “Education is more publicly funded, but we do think that dynamic is changing very quickly as people are looking to plug the gap, not just in the U...