Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Catalog/Specialty Distribution stocks down 2.7% on average while median return down 1.6% in a day
- Catalog/Specialty Distribution stocks down 4.2% on average while median return down 5.1% in a week
- Catalog/Specialty Distribution stocks down 9.4% on average while median return down 9.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $QRTEA 6.9%, $QRTEB 2.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $YJ -11.0%, $DADA -14.4%, $ARTL -21.5%, $SYX -24.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $QRTEA 10.1%, $QRTEB 9.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $PDD -5.4%, $IMBI -6.9%, $DADA -7.1%, $ARTL -13.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 24.8%, for the past 3 months is 20.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 36.4%, the lowest correlation is -1.6%, the latest correlation is 32.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 83.5% between QRTEA and QRTEB
The lowest correlation is -45.4% between QRTEA and TC
(Bloomberg) -- Has the storm passed for Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.?That will be the question for executives and investors as the Chinese e-commerce giant reports earnings on Thursday in the wake of a government crackdown on co-founder Jack Ma’s empire. Profit and revenue for the quarter are sure to be less consequential than any concrete evidence about whether the regulatory issues are resolved.Alibaba has agreed to a record $2.8 billion penalty from Beijing and vowed to change certain practices...
(Bloomberg) -- It took just 28 Chinese characters on an obscure social media platform to ignite a controversy that’s rattled the country’s tech industry.Meituan CEO Wang Xing lost $2.5 billion of his wealth over two days after he posted verses from a millennium-old poem about the misguided attempts of China’s first emperor to quash dissent. Wang, a usually plain-speaking engineer who enjoys literary classics, later scrubbed his post and explained he was really calling out the short-sightedness o...
(Bloomberg) -- It took just 28 Chinese characters on an obscure social media platform to ignite a controversy that’s rattled the country’s tech industry.Meituan CEO Wang Xing lost $2.5 billion of his wealth after he posted verses from a millennium-old poem about the misguided attempts of China’s first emperor to quash dissent. Wang, a usually plain-speaking engineer who enjoys literary classics, later scrubbed his post and explained he was really calling out the short-sightedness of his own indu...
(Bloomberg) -- Zhang Yiming built ByteDance Ltd. into the world’s most valuable private company via a string of blockbuster apps like TikTok that challenged Facebook and other incumbents on their own turf. His latest target: Alibaba.The 38-year-old AI coding genius, searching for ByteDance’s next big act, has set his sights on China’s $1.7 trillion e-commerce arena. The co-founder has hired thousands of staff and roped in big-name sponsors like Xiaomi Corp. impresario Lei Jun to drive what he ca...
The Chinese e-commerce company faces some short-term challenges, but its long-term prospects remain intact.
Last quarter was the company's best since early 2018 when QVC and HSN merged to form the Qurate Retail Group.
Qurate Retail, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2021 Financial Results
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 7, 2021 / Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ:QRTEA) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 7, 2021 at 8:30 AM Eastern Time.
ABSORBITS won judges over during QVC and HSN's The Big Find® product search and is scheduled to appear on HSN on 5/9/21. Through the second annual international search, which kicked off in July 2020, QVC and HSN discovered some of the most unique and innovative products in apparel, jewelry, accessories, footwear, beauty, and new categories for this year including home décor, home innovations, electronics and culinary including food. Now, these brands will introduce their products to an audience ...
Qurate Retail (QRTEA) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.