Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Coronavirus Vaccine stocks down 4.3% on average while median return down 2.6% in a day
- Coronavirus Vaccine stocks down 0.6% on average while median return down 0.9% in a week
- Coronavirus Vaccine stocks down 9.7% on average while median return down 5.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $IBIO 23.5%, $SNY 2.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $PFE -6.3%, $MRNA -7.4%, $INO -32.3%, $NVAX -38.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $IBIO 11.4%, $BNTX 2.9%, $SNY 2.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $OCGN -1.1%, $NVAX -2.0%, $JNJ -2.1%, $INO -17.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 32.6%, for the past 3 months is 25.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 62.5%, the lowest correlation is -5.9%, the latest correlation is 62.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 76.9% between BNTX and PFE
The lowest correlation is -16.7% between NVAX and SNY
Moderna’s CEO on Wednesday defended a plan to more than quadruple the company’s COVID-19 vaccine price, but he also said the drugmaker will work to ensure patients continue paying nothing at drugstores or clinics. Stephane Bancel told the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions that the drugmaker will charge a list price of around $130 per dose for the vaccine in the U.S. More than 270 million doses of Moderna’s original COVID-19 vaccine and booster shots have been administer...
Johnson & Johnson will seek the Supreme Court’s review after an appeals court declined to revive the company’s bid to use chapter 11 bankruptcy to freeze nearly 40,000 lawsuits linking its talc products to cancer.
Moderna stock is under pressure as the company contends with a pitfall in Covid shots and plans for a 400% price hike. Is MRNA stock a sell?
Is Pfizer stock a buy or a sell after the company announced its $43 billion plan to buy Seagen? Is PFE stock a buy or a sell?
The company is preparing for commercial distribution of the shots as the U.S. winds down its pandemic-emergency purchases.
The U.S. government will not force Pfizer Inc and Astellas Pharma Inc to lower the price of their prostate cancer drug Xtandi using its emergency "march-in" authority, a federal agency said on Tuesday. The Union for Affordable Cancer Treatment, a patient group, had first filed a petition calling on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to use its authority to lower the drug's price in March 2016. The NIH said in a letter made public on Tuesday that its analyses in response to the petition fo...
Sen. Bernie Sanders homed in on the company's plans to charge insurers $130 per dose for its Covid-19 vaccine.
Pfizer has said it’s considering a similar price for its vaccine.
Moderna Inc's chief executive on Wednesday defended the company's plan to quadruple the price of its COVID-19 vaccine, telling a U.S. Senate committee hearing it will no longer have the economies of scale from government procurement when the shots move into the private market. Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel was called to testify after the company flagged plans to raise the vaccine's price to as much as $130 per dose, drawing the ire of Democratic U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders, who chairs the influen...
Johnson & Johnson said on Wednesday that it would ask the U.S. Supreme Court to revive its effort to resolve tens of thousands of lawsuits over its talc products through the bankruptcy of a subsidiary, after an appeals court refused to reconsider its ruling that the bankruptcy was improper. J&J sought to use the bankruptcy of its subsidiary company, LTL Management, to halt more than 38,000 lawsuits alleging the company’s Baby Powder and other talc products are contaminated with asbestos, which ...