Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Coronavirus Vaccine stocks down 4.9% on average while median return down 4.4% in a day
- Coronavirus Vaccine stocks down 7.3% on average while median return down 3.8% in a week
- Coronavirus Vaccine stocks up 10.6% on average while median return up 3.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $BNTX 43.7%, $OCGN 28.5%, $VXRT 18.8%, $PFE 6.7%, $JNJ 5.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $TBIO -3.7%, $INO -28.0%, $NVAX -33.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $BNTX 9.1%, $SNY 2.3%, $JNJ 0.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $MRNA -6.3%, $VXRT -11.2%, $OCGN -21.0%, $TBIO -23.2%, $NVAX -25.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 10.8%, for the past 3 months is 20.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 34.9%, the lowest correlation is -8.1%, the latest correlation is 34.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 60.6% between NVAX and VXRT
The lowest correlation is -35.7% between PFE and VXRT
Dr. Jonathan Javitt, CEO of NeuroRX & adjunct professor at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, joined Yahoo Finance to discuss the latest on covid-19.
Moderna’s (MRNA) opportunity to halt the spread of Covid-19 made the biotech company one of 2020’s star performers. The opportunity was well-taken, and while in the West the pandemic is retreating, MRNA stock is still benefiting – shares are up 46% year-to-date. That said, the stock came under pressure last week from a dual attack. First off, the Biden administration's new trade envoy Katherine Tai said she liked the World Trade Organization’s (WTO) proposal that would make void COVID-19 vaccine...
U.S. President Joe Biden on Wednesday urged parents to get their children vaccinated after a government advisory panel authorized the Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine for children aged 12 to 15. "Now that vaccine is authorized for ages 12 and up, and I encourage their parents to make sure they get the shot," Biden said. A U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advisory panel on Wednesday backed use of the vaccine for younger adolescents in a unanimous vote.
The following is a roundup of some of the latest scientific studies on the novel coronavirus and efforts to find treatments and vaccines for COVID-19, the illness caused by the virus. Both of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna are likely effective against the coronavirus variant that is rapidly spreading throughout India and several other countries, according to laboratory experiments. Researchers exposed the variant known as B.1.617.1 to blood serum samples from 15 vo...
A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention committee voted 14-0-1 in favor of recommending that Pfizer Inc.'s COVID-19 vaccine can be safely used in 12- to 15-year-olds. The recommendation, made Wednesday by the CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, follows a similar regulatory pathway as the original emergency-use authorization awarded in December. The expanded authorization for this age group was announced Monday by the Food and Drug Administration, the CDC committee voted Wedn...
The biotech sector was in focus last week with earnings updates from Regeneron (REGN) and Moderna (MRNA) and regulatory updates from Amgen, among others.
Vaccine specialist Novavax (NASDAQ: NVAX) plans to file for an emergency use authorization with the Food and Drug Administration for its COVID-19 vaccine candidate in July. In addition, the biotech's vaccine candidate for influenza, NanoFlu, is waiting for a green light from the regulator. Last year, a phase 3 study of NanoFlu showed it to be superior to the market-leading flu vaccine from Sanofi (NASDAQ: SNY) in a head-to-head match-up.
Dr. Lakshman Swamy, ICU Physician at Cambridge Health Alliance and Boston Medical Center, joins Yahoo Finance’s Kristin Myers and Alexis Christoforous to discuss the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.
Emergent BioSolutions Inc (NYSE: EBS) has been in headlines after its Baltimore plant has drawn the scrutiny of the FDA. A manufacturing mix-up ruined 15 million Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) COVID-19 vaccine doses at the Baltimore plant. Last month, the FDA completed its inspection of the troubled vaccine manufacturing plant and released a couple of blistering observations on the cross-contamination, sanitary issues, and lack of staff training. Today, Emergent responded to FDA’s observations wi...
A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) advisory panel is scheduled to vote today on the use of Pfizer Inc’s (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE’s (NASDAQ: BNTX) COVID-19 vaccine for kids aged 12 to 15. The meeting comes two days after the FDA approved the emergency use of Pfizer/BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine in adolescents aged between 12 to 15 years. The meeting is scheduled to run from 11 a.m. ET to 5 p.m. ET. Before the vote, medical experts will assess Pfizer and BioNTech’s clinical tria...