Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Coronavirus Vaccine stocks down -0.0% on average while median return down 0.5% in a day
- Coronavirus Vaccine stocks up 2.3% on average while median return up 0.9% in a week
- Coronavirus Vaccine stocks down 13.6% on average while median return down 16.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $OCGN 4.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $VXRT -18.1%, $MRNA -22.1%, $BNTX -27.3%, $IBIO -29.1%, $NVAX -30.0%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $MRNA 9.7%, $BNTX 7.4%, $OCGN 7.4%, $INO 3.2%, $VXRT 1.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $JNJ -0.1%, $SNY -1.3%, $PFE -1.8%, $IBIO -6.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 29.7%, for the past 3 months is 21.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 59.3%, the lowest correlation is -1.5%, the latest correlation is 8.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 82.4% between BNTX and MRNA
The lowest correlation is -30.1% between JNJ and OCGN
The United States has administered 408,797,942 doses of COVID-19 vaccines in the country as of Monday morning and distributed 494,655,075 doses, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said. The figures are up from the 408,265,959 vaccine doses the CDC said had gone into arms by Oct. 17. The CDC tally includes two-dose vaccines from Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech , as well as Johnson & Johnson's one-shot vaccine.
Dow Jones futures were little changed Monday with the Bitcoin ETF slated to debut Tuesday. Tesla stock is nearing all-time highs.
The S&P and Nasdaq closed higher on Monday with the biggest boosts from the highest-profile technology and communications companies while investors eyed product news from Apple Inc and appeared optimistic about the third-quarter earnings season. After a weak start following disappointing economic data from China, the S&P and Nasdaq gathered steam in late morning with gains in FAANG stocks - Facebook Inc, Apple, Amazon.com Inc, Netflix Inc, Alphabet Inc's Google - as well as Microsoft Corp.
Mr. Wonderful is calling for a Bitcoin boom. But he hasn't forgotten about dividends.
These COVID-19 vaccine developers are all moving in response to strong late-stage results for Valneva's VLA2001.
Is Pfizer stock a buy after the CDC recommended Covid booster shots for people age 65 and older, and otherwise vulnerable Americans?
The regulators might be uncertain whether Moderna’s (MRNA) Covid-19 vaccine is suitable for younger people, but an FDA panel was unanimous in agreement when considering the use of its booster shot. The committee voted 19-0 in favor of a Spikevax booster to be administered at least 6 months following completion of the primary vaccines for individuals over 65, for those between ages 18 to 64 who are at risk either for medical reasons or via occupation and for people in long-term care. So, good new
Is Moderna stock a buy as the FDA and CDC prepare to look at booster shot data from Moderna and Johnson & Johnson?
The European Medicines Agency is evaluating an application to extend the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine to children aged 5 to 11.