Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Coronavirus Vaccine stocks up 1.2% on average while median return up 1.4% in a day
- Coronavirus Vaccine stocks down 0.7% on average while median return down 1.7% in a week
- Coronavirus Vaccine stocks up 45.5% on average while median return up -0.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $OCGN 421.9%, $NVAX 79.3%, $IBIO 13.8%, $INO 5.9%, $BNTX 0.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $MRNA -1.3%, $SNY -3.5%, $JNJ -5.8%, $PFE -6.1%, $VXRT -15.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $VXRT 10.4%, $OCGN 9.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $PFE -1.7%, $NVAX -2.0%, $BNTX -3.8%, $INO -9.9%, $IBIO -11.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 10.5%, for the past 3 months is 10.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 30.1%, the lowest correlation is -2.6%, the latest correlation is 20.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 63.6% between BNTX and NVAX
The lowest correlation is -54.8% between JNJ and NVAX
Chile plans to ramp up its purchase of vaccines from China's Sinovac and hopes to sign a deal shortly with Johnson & Johnson, the health minister said on Monday, as the South American nation moves to strengthen its widely lauded coronavirus vaccination campaign. Chile has jumped ahead of the rest of Latin America and many countries globally with its inoculation program. The country has already inoculated 3.35 million of its 19 million citizens against COVID-19, officials said on Monday.
The Dow Jones rallied sharply along with the other major stock indexes Monday, led by strength in Boeing and Apple. Zoom Video surged late on earnings.
Announcement: Moody's: J&J vaccine emergency authorization is credit positiveGlobal Credit Research - 01 Mar 2021New York, March 01, 2021 -- Moody's Investors Service commented that the US Food & Drug Administration's (FDA) emergency use authorization of Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine is credit positive. The company's Aaa rating and negative outlook remain unchanged.For additional information please see Moody's issuer comment on Johnson & Johnson available on www.moodys.com.Please see www...
U.S. stocks staged a rebound rally on Monday, with each of the S&P 500, Dow and Nasdaq jumping as retreating Treasury yields and vaccine optimism boosted risk assets. Each of the three major indexes increased by more than 2% around noon in New York, and the small-cap Russell 2000 outperformed with a gain of nearly 3%Villere Balanced Fund Portfolio Manager, Lamar Villere, and SVP and Head of Research & Strategy at Global X ETFs, Jay Jacobs, joined Yahoo Finance Live to discuss.
Novavax Inc's chief executive said on Monday its COVID-19 vaccine could be cleared for use in the United States as soon as May if U.S. regulators authorize it based on data from the company's British trial, which could be completed as soon as April. But he added that talks with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration are ongoing and the FDA may require that Novavax submit data from its U.S. trial, which could take an additional two months to read out and push back U.S. clearance to mid-summer. N...
U.S. vaccine developer Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc said on Monday it had completed Phase II enrolment for a mid-to-late stage U.S. trial of its COVID-19 vaccine candidate. Inovio began developing the vaccine last year, but is running behind rivals who have already introduced their candidates in the United States. The delay occurred as the U.S. Food & Drug Administration in September put on hold the Phase III portion of the U.S. study of Inovio's vaccine candidate, INO-4800, as it sought more in...
Novavax reported mixed quarterly earnings, posting a beat on the top line but not on the bottom line. The pharmaceutical company reported $279.7M in revenue and a loss per share $2.70, compared to Street estimates of in $202.6M revenue and a loss per share of $2.24. Yahoo Finance's Jared Blikre joined Yahoo Finance Live to break down the details.
Shares of Novavax Inc. wavered between gains and losses in the extended session Monday after the biotech company reported a wider-than-expected fourth-quarter loss but its sales beat Wall Street expectations. Novavax said it lost $177.6 million, or $2.70 a share, in the quarter, compared with a net loss of $31.8 million, or $1.13 a share, for the fourth quarter of 2019. Revenue rose to $279.7 million, from $8.8 million a year ago. The revenue jump was thanks to services rendered in connection wi...
Distribution began Monday for Johnson & Johnson's newly authorized one-shot coronavirus vaccine, leading JNJ stock to pop in early action. McKesson is distributing the J&J vaccine.
The S&P 500 surged on Monday in its strongest one-day gain since June as bond markets calmed after a month-long selloff, while another COVID-19 vaccine getting U.S. approval and fiscal stimulus bolstered expectations of a swift economic recovery. Johnson & Johnson ended up 0.5%, but off earlier highs, after it began shipping its single-dose vaccine after it became the third authorized COVID-19 vaccine in the United States over the weekend. U.S. bond yields eased after a swift rise last month o...