Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- FAANG+ stocks up 1.4% on average while median return up 1.1% in a day
- FAANG+ stocks up 3.4% on average while median return up 3.0% in a week
- FAANG+ stocks down 0.7% on average while median return down -1.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $NFLX 8.2%, $MSFT 2.5%, $GOOGL 1.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $AMZN -0.5%, $FB -8.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $AMZN 6.2%, $MSFT 4.4%, $FB 3.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 67.3%, for the past 3 months is 51.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 85.5%, the lowest correlation is -0.4%, the latest correlation is 46.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 99.4% between GOOG and GOOGL
The lowest correlation is 41.1% between FB and NFLX
Dow Jones futures were little changed Monday with the Bitcoin ETF slated to debut Tuesday. Tesla stock is nearing all-time highs.
Facebook's VP of communications issues a series of tweets on Monday decrying what he says are a series of upcoming articles based on additional leaked documents.
The S&P and Nasdaq closed higher on Monday with the biggest boosts from the highest-profile technology and communications companies while investors eyed product news from Apple Inc and appeared optimistic about the third-quarter earnings season. After a weak start following disappointing economic data from China, the S&P and Nasdaq gathered steam in late morning with gains in FAANG stocks - Facebook Inc, Apple, Amazon.com Inc, Netflix Inc, Alphabet Inc's Google - as well as Microsoft Corp.
Mr. Wonderful is calling for a Bitcoin boom. But he hasn't forgotten about dividends.
R "Ray" Wang, Constellation Research Principal Analyst & Founder, joins Yahoo Finance to discuss the latest product releases from Apple ahead of the holiday season.
Yahoo Finance’s Dan Howley breaks down Apple’s latest product releases.
Apple on Monday announced new MacBook Pro notebooks, new AirPods wireless earbuds and a lower-priced tier for its Apple Music service.
The S&P and Nasdaq closed higher on Monday with boosts from the highest-profile technology and communications companies while investors eyed product news from Apple Inc and appeared optimistic about the third-quarter earnings season. After a weak start following disappointing economic data from China, the S&P and Nasdaq had left their troubles behind by late morning with gains in FAANG stocks - Facebook Inc, Apple, Amazon.com Inc, Netflix Inc, Alphabet Inc's Google - as well as Microsoft Corp.
(Bloomberg) -- Google Bay View, the company’s newest campus, consists of three squat buildings nestled near the San Francisco Bay shoreline a few miles east of its headquarters in Mountain View, Calif. The first things visitors notice are the roofs.Most Read from BloombergGoogle’s Biggest Moonshot Is Its Search for a Carbon-Free FutureThe Biggest Public Graveyard in the U.S. Is Becoming a ParkGoogle’s CEO: ‘We’re Losing Time’ in the Climate FightWhy Buying a Second or Even Third Home Is Becoming
Apple has launched a new MacBook Pro, which comes with a total redesign. The new computer comes in two sizes – 14- and 16-inch – and includes the new M1 Pro and Max chips that Apple says are the most powerful ever to be put into a laptop. Apple said that with its more expensive and powerful M1 Max chip, the new MacBook Pro can undertake many tasks almost five times as quickly as the old Intel-based machine.