Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels stocks up 0.8% on average while median return up 0.9% in a day
- Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up -0.3% in a week
- Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels stocks up 7.7% on average while median return up 6.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $WH 12.4%, $HLT 9.5%, $MTN 7.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $RHP -1.6%, $PK -5.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $MTN 2.9%, $HGV 1.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $BALY -0.8%, $WH -0.9%, $PK -1.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 60.4%, for the past 3 months is 57.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 89.6%, the lowest correlation is 10.3%, the latest correlation is 23.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 87.5% between HLT and WH
The lowest correlation is 33.1% between HLT and MTN
Wyndham (WH) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. (HLT) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
ULTA, WH, and AA made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) momentum stocks list on October 19, 2021.
In this article, we will take a look at the 7 stocks that activist investor and billionaire Bill Ackman is buying. If you want to skip our detailed analysis on Bill Ackman’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, go directly to Activist Investor and Billionaire Bill Ackman is Buying These 2 Stocks. Hedge fund […]
He'll oversee culinary ops at the Union Square hotel's five eateries and 130,000 square feet of meeting space.
In this article, we will take a look at the top 10 stock picks of Anand Desai’s Darsana Capital Partners. You can skip our detailed analysis of Anand Desai’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, and go directly to the Top 5 Stock Picks of Anand Desai’s Darsana Capital Partners. Anand Desai founded Darsana […]
Park Hotels & Resorts (PK) has been struggling lately, but the selling pressure may be coming to an end soon.
Wyndham (WH) could be a great choice for investors looking to make a profit from fundamentally strong stocks that are currently on the move. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our "Recent Price Strength" screen.
Hilton's (HLT) focus on the luxury development strategy and hotel conversion opportunities bodes well. However, dismal RevPAR due to the coronavirus pandemic is a concern.
(Bloomberg) -- Ahead of Diwali, two of Bollywood’s leading men are pitching another option during India’s annual gold shopping spree: cryptocurrencies.Most Read from BloombergGoogle’s Biggest Moonshot Is Its Search for a Carbon-Free FutureThe Biggest Public Graveyard in the U.S. Is Becoming a ParkGoogle’s CEO: ‘We’re Losing Time’ in the Climate FightWhy Buying a Second or Even Third Home Is Becoming More Popular Than EverHate-Speech Case Forces Japan to Confront Workplace RacismIndia’s top two c