Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Online Furniture stocks down 1.8% on average while median return down 1.8% in a day
- Online Furniture stocks down 6.3% on average while median return down 6.4% in a week
- Online Furniture stocks down 21.9% on average while median return down 22.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $OSTK -27.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $OSTK -8.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 75.2%, for the past 3 months is 53.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 93.3%, the lowest correlation is 6.4%, the latest correlation is 72.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 75.2% between OSTK and W
The lowest correlation is 75.2% between OSTK and W
Wayfair (W) shares hit a 52-week low on Wednesday after a Wedbush note downgraded the stock and called the online furniture retailer's 2021 results "underwhelming."
Wedbush analysts said it's likely supply chain shortages got the best of online retailer Wayfair.
Yahoo Finance’s Ines Ferre breaks down how Microsoft is heading for its longest losing streak since September, Sony's new operating company Sony Mobility is entering the EV space, and how Wayfair continues to sink to a 52-week low.
Wedbush analysts note December challenges for both Wayfair and and Williams-Sonoma in the research group's latest notes
By Sam Boughedda
Through the years, investors will undoubtedly encounter rough periods for their stock holdings -- that's just how it goes, and nobody is exempt from experiencing this. In March 2020, the stock market plummeted due to reactions to the COVID-19 pandemic. For long-term investors -- especially those with many years until retirement -- this drop in stock prices represented an ideal buying opportunity.
The global economy has been transitioning online for decades, and eCommerce stocks have increased in desirability. The pandemic exacerbated the trend in many ways. The eCommerce market took off while physical stores were closed. This is an example of how shutting down one form can create opportunities for another type of business model, in this case, online shopping. Hence, it was no surprise that eCommerce stocks did tremendously well in this environment. Whether you’re a long-term investor loo
Investment company Ershares Entrepreneurs Etf (Current Portfolio) buys Oracle Corp, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc, Cintas Corp, ResMed Inc, Steel Dynamics Inc, sells Spotify Technology SA, Roku Inc, Exact Sciences Corp, Twist Bioscience Corp, Teladoc Health Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q3, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Ershares Entrepreneurs Etf.
Investment company Blue Chip Investor Fund (Current Portfolio) buys Wayfair Inc, sells Brookfield Asset Management Reinsurance Partners L during the 3-months ended 2021Q3, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Blue Chip Investor Fund.
The three stocks to buy today share the same thesis. The idea is to take advantage of temporary pain that is unfolding in their stocks but not their business. The underlying assumption is that they have no specific intrinsic issues. They merely need time to snap out of it. Within that thesis we also have to contend with year-end jitters. Expectations from investors around this time are for a Santa rally. The indices have been trading in a choppy whipsaw action for a while. This is the by-product