Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Online Furniture stocks up 0.2% on average while median return up 0.2% in a day
- Online Furniture stocks up 1.2% on average while median return up 1.3% in a week
- Online Furniture stocks down 2.3% on average while median return down 4.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $W -8.8%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $OSTK 8.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $W -6.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 51.7%, for the past 3 months is 62.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 97.9%, the lowest correlation is -69.4%, the latest correlation is -69.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 51.7% between OSTK and W
The lowest correlation is 51.7% between OSTK and W
"Free shipping and free returns" has long been the policy for many retailers, but amid rising shipping expenses and a tough environment for retail sales, some companies are now implementing return...
Beyond an initial $500 million of annual cost cuts, management is looking for hundreds of millions of dollars more in an effort to break even.
Shares of retail stocks including Gap (NYSE: GPS), Wayfair (NYSE: W), and Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) were all falling today after a disappointing earnings report from Target (NYSE: TGT) cast a pall over the discretionary retail sector. Target is seen as something of a bellwether in discretionary retail as it's one of the largest retailers in categories like home goods and apparel, and it draws customers from a wide range of demographics. With Gap and Nordstrom's third-quarter earnings reports not y...
MoffettNathanson picks up coverage of the online retailing sector. Amazon is its only Buy recommendation.
Now that COVID-induced demand has subsided, Wayfair’s business has resumed burning cash, according to New Constructs.
Furniture and home goods retailer Wayfair (NYSE: W) surged to record highs during the pandemic. Despite that drop, it certainly carved out a niche as the Amazon of furniture. The question for investors is whether the internet and direct marketing retail stock was a flash in the pan or can stage a comeback.
If there's one issue that has characterized 2022, it's no doubt runaway inflation. Many had hoped that the latest government data would show inflationary pressures starting to ease. Sea Limited (NYSE: SE) popped 10.9%, Etsy (NASDAQ: ETSY) soared 15%, and Wayfair (NYSE: W) rocketed 28.1% higher as of 3:38 p.m. ET.
Amazon stock, and other e-commerce companies, staged a hot rally following a closely watched report indicating inflation was easing.
Wayfair ( NYSE:W ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$2.84b (down 9.0% from 3Q 2021). Net...
Wayfair's (W) third-quarter 2022 results reflect a decrease in domestic and international revenues. Further, a fall in active customers remains a headwind.