Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Trucks/Construction/Farm Machinery stocks down 0.3% on average while median return down 0.1% in a day
- Trucks/Construction/Farm Machinery stocks down 1.0% on average while median return down 1.5% in a week
- Trucks/Construction/Farm Machinery stocks up 5.1% on average while median return up 5.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index is based on equal weighted constituencies returns,Aggregated volume information is based on sum of all constituencies volumes
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $WNC 23.6%, $ALSN 20.6%, $WPRT 18.2%, $TEX 12.9%, $GBX 10.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $MTW -4.8%, $MLR -6.5%, $WAB -9.8%, $TWI -10.8%, $EBON -12.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $ARTW 7.2%, $CAT 3.1%, $TRN 3.0%, $ALSN 2.5%, $WNC 2.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $PLOW -4.5%, $TWIN -4.7%, $TWI -5.1%, $CVGI -6.3%, $MLR -8.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 40.0%, for the past 3 months is 33.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 55.0%, the lowest correlation is 13.7%, the latest correlation is 32.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 92.1% between FSS and HY
The lowest correlation is -51.2% between ACA and EBON
Volkswagen (VWAGY) truck arm's deal with TuSimple brings together a global automaker and a level 4 self-driving technology company to develop robotic big rigs for complete driverless operations.
Bernstein initiated coverage of U.S. machinery companies on Wednesday. Analyst Chad Dillard likes Cummins, Agco and Trimble.
Volkswagen (OTC: VWAGY) announced today that it has joined forces with autonomous-vehicle start-up TuSimple to bring self-driving heavy-duty trucks to Europe. VW's truck unit, Traton Group, also bought an undisclosed minority stake in the California-based company. This isn't the first deal TuSimple has made with a major truck manufacturer, and there is a connection among all of the parties.
An agricultural machinery company, a sustainable water play, and an enterprise asset intelligence company are all benefiting from real technological changes.
(Bloomberg) -- Volkswagen AG’s Traton is partnering with a self-driving startup that recently aligned with Navistar International Corp., the U.S. manufacturer that VW’s truck unit is trying to acquire.Traton SE and TuSimple Inc. will team up initially to develop autonomous trucks for a set route in Sweden, the companies announced in a joint statement Wednesday. They’ll work together on a Level 4 automation system that will render Scania vehicles capable of driving without human intervention unde...
For the second consecutive year, CNH Industrial has been ranked amongst the ten most innovative companies in Brazil. The award, which recognizes the Company’s contribution to innovation, is conferred by the Valor Econômico newspaper in partnership with consultancy firm Strategy&.London, September 22, 2020Innovation is at the core of CNH Industrial N.V. (NYSE: CNHI / MI: CNHI), and is key for all 12 of its brands. The Company’s continued investment in research and development, coupled with the nu...
(Bloomberg) -- Nikola Corp. faces an uncertain future following the sudden departure of its founder and chairman in the wake of regulatory probes and a collapse of its stock price, even as partner General Motors Co. said it won’t abandon the electric-truck startup.Trevor Milton stepped down as executive chairman effective immediately and was replaced by Stephen Girsky, the former GM vice chairman who oversaw Nikola’s stock listing and helped broker their partnership. Nikola’s shares -- already r...