Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- 5G Chips stocks down 3.2% on average while median return down 3.2% in a day
- 5G Chips stocks down 7.4% on average while median return down 7.4% in a week
- 5G Chips stocks down 11.8% on average while median return down 12.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $SWKS -14.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $QCOM -7.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 77.8%, for the past 3 months is 85.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 97.9%, the lowest correlation is 12.9%, the latest correlation is 93.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 77.8% between QCOM and SWKS
The lowest correlation is 77.8% between QCOM and SWKS
Top Research Reports for QUALCOMM, Applied Materials & General Motors
(Bloomberg) -- Xiaomi Corp. and the U.S. government have reached an agreement to set aside a Trump administration blacklisting that could have restricted American investment in the Chinese smartphone maker.The Chinese smartphone giant had sued the government earlier this year, after the U.S. Defense Department under former President Donald Trump issued an order designating the firm as a Communist Chinese Military Company, which would have led to a de-listing from U.S. exchanges and deletion from...
The semiconductor shortage is hitting companies across different sectors hard as chip demand outstrips supply. Yesterday, Reuters reported that technology companies including Apple (AAPL), Microsoft (MSFT), and Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL), who are also the largest chip buyers, have entered into an alliance with chip-makers like Intel (INTC) to form the Semiconductors in America Coalition and have asked for funding for the CHIPS for America Act from US lawmakers, while US President Biden has asked Cong...
In the eyes of some investors, Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) may have lost its appeal as an investment. Apple management is now putting the vast resources it has accumulated to work and used its expertise to continue producing compelling products, manage new services, and develop new industries that still give investors plenty of reasons to buy Apple stock and never sell. The Apple Watch was introduced in 2015 and it has developed into an innovative product that can do incredible things, like collect h...
Chip stocks posted their worst day in two months Monday, falling into correction territory, as the tech sector retreated with the broader market trading.
At Insider Monkey, we pore over the filings of nearly 887 top investment firms every quarter, a process we have now completed for the latest reporting period. The data we’ve gathered as a result gives us access to a wealth of collective knowledge based on these firms’ portfolio holdings as of December 31st. In this […]
Shares of Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM), Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU), and Skyworks Solutions (NASDAQ: SWKS) fell today after the world's largest contract chipmaker, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing, reported a drop in its April revenue. Each of the tech stocks took a hit today as a result of the news, with Qualcomm down 6.3%, Micron tumbling 5.6%, and Skyworks sliding 4.8% as of 3:39 p.m. EDT.
The best 5G stocks to invest in will change over time. The consumer smartphone market will evolve into broader 5G wireless enterprise opportunities.
Apple's 5G chip is currently in development and could be used as soon as 2023, a media report says. Qualcomm shares are lower.