Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Aluminum stocks down 5.1% on average while median return down 5.1% in a day
- Aluminum stocks down 2.5% on average while median return down 2.8% in a week
- Aluminum stocks up 20.6% on average while median return up 22.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $ARNC 33.9%, $ACH 32.0%, $AA 26.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $HWM -0.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $ACH 4.5%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $AA -3.1%, $KALU -3.9%, $CENX -10.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 42.3%, for the past 3 months is 48.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 80.4%, the lowest correlation is -9.1%, the latest correlation is 35.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 75.1% between AA and HWM
The lowest correlation is 4.7% between ACH and HWM
Darden Restaurants, Grubhub, Alcoa, Ultra Clean Holdings and Discover Financial highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day
Century Aluminum's (CENX) Q1 sales increased 14% sequentially on higher aluminum prices and regional premiums.
HWM earnings call for the period ending March 31, 2021.
3 Zacks Rank #1s with Growth AND Value
Image source: The Motley Fool. Century Aluminum Company (NASDAQ: CENX)Q1 2021 Earnings CallMay 5, 2021, 5:00 p.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorLadies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Century Aluminum Company First Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call.
Macquarie's (MIC) first-quarter 2021 net sales decrease 7.1% year over year on lackluster performance across its segments.
Berry Global's (BERY) second-quarter fiscal 2021 net sales increase 13.3% year over year on impressive performance across its segments.
Howmet (HWM) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 10.00% and -0.84%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Howmet Aerospace (NYSE:HWM) today reported first quarter 2021 results. The Company reported first quarter revenues of $1.2 billion, down 26% year over year due to disruptions in the commercial aerospace market, primarily driven by COVID-19, Boeing 737 MAX, and Boeing 787 production declines, partially offset by growth in the commercial transportation, defense aerospace, and industrial gas turbine markets.
Century (CENX) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -68.75% and -3.23%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?