Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Aluminum stocks down 3.0% on average while median return down 4.2% in a day
- Aluminum stocks down 0.4% on average while median return down -0.6% in a week
- Aluminum stocks down 10.8% on average while median return down 14.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $ARNC 20.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $AA -16.7%, $KALU -25.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $HWM 2.9%, $AA 0.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $KALU -2.7%, $CENX -3.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 60.9%, for the past 3 months is 59.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 92.3%, the lowest correlation is -13.8%, the latest correlation is 87.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 80.4% between AA and CENX
The lowest correlation is 27.4% between AA and ARNC
In this article, we will discuss the 12 best defense stocks to buy now. If you want to explore similar stocks, you can also take a look at 5 Best Defense Stocks To Buy Now. A Chinese spy balloon along with 3 other unidentified high-altitude objects have been shot down by the U.S. so far. […]
Alcoa Corporation ( NYSE:AA ) shareholders have seen the share price descend 17% over the month. But that doesn't...
BSBR, AMD and AA have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on March 17, 2023.
PITTSBURGH, March 16, 2023--Alcoa Corporation (NYSE:AA) today announced the closure of its Intalco aluminum smelter in Washington State, which has been fully idle since 2020.
The best defense stocks may have a banner year ahead. Last year, Russia’s invasion of Ukraine began. That war continues this year, validating the world’s increased investments in military, defense, and aerospace equipment. Last Dec. 2022, Japan hiked its annual defense budget by 25%. It will buy more weapons including Tomahawks. Germany hiked its defense budget by up to EUR 10 billion in 2024. This aligns with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz meeting the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s guideli
PITTSBURGH, March 15, 2023--Alcoa Corporation (NYSE: AA) today announced that the Portland Aluminium smelter in the state of Victoria in Australia will begin to immediately reduce its overall production due to operational instability.
The Australian unit of U.S. aluminium producer Alcoa Corp said on Wednesday output at its Portland smelter in Victoria would be reduced to about 75% of its total capacity of 358,000 metric tonnes per year, citing instability and production challenges. Australia's Alumina Ltd owns a 40% stake in Alcoa Australia, which holds a 55% stake in the Portland Aluminium joint venture. The smelter, which was previously operating at about 95% of its total capacity, is contending with uncertainty and hurdl...
In this article, we discuss the 12 best aerospace stocks to buy according to hedge funds. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Best Aerospace Stocks To Buy. Previously we cited a survey by Deloitte, where 88% of senior executives believed that the outlook for the aerospace and defense […]
In the latest trading session, Alcoa (AA) closed at $44.59, marking a -0.27% move from the previous day.
CNX, CECO and AA have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on March 14, 2023.