Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Aluminum stocks up 0.9% on average while median return up 0.6% in a day
- Aluminum stocks up 6.7% on average while median return up 6.5% in a week
- Aluminum stocks up 5.3% on average while median return up 2.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CENX 33.6%, $AA 17.2%, $KALU 4.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $HWM -0.3%, $ARNC -2.0%, $ACH -10.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $AA 21.0%, $KALU 7.2%, $CENX 6.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $HWM -1.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 47.7%, for the past 3 months is 48.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 90.1%, the lowest correlation is 35.6%, the latest correlation is 52.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 88.7% between ARNC and KALU
The lowest correlation is -1.2% between ACH and HWM
While Arconic Corporation ( NYSE:ARNC ) shareholders are probably generally happy, the stock hasn't had particularly...
To catch full episodes of all The Motley Fool's free podcasts, check out our podcast center. Today, Motley Fool contributor Lou Whiteman joins me to take a look at some Aerospace stocks that are flying under the radar.
FOOTHILL RANCH, Calif., Oct. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (NASDAQ:KALU) today announced that it plans to release its third quarter and first nine months 2021 financial and operating results on Wednesday, October 20, 2021, after the market closes. The Company will host its quarterly conference call on Thursday, October 21, 2021: 10:00 a.m. Pacific 12:00 p.m. Central 1:00 p.m. Eastern The conference call can be directly accessed from the U.S. and Canada at (800) 697-597
(Bloomberg) -- A gauge of commodities soared to an all-time high as a resurgence in demand for raw materials collides with supply constraints, working to fan fears of inflation around the world.Most Read from BloombergChristmas at Risk as Supply Chain ‘Disaster’ Only Gets WorseReshaped by Crisis, an ‘Anti-Biennial’ Reimagines ChicagoThis Is What Europe’s Green Future Looks LikeAn Unapologetic Old Boys’ Network Is Costing Australia BillionsGhana’s Record Cocoa Harvest Is Bittersweet for Export In
Is Howmet Aerospace Inc. (NYSE:HWM) a good place to invest some of your money right now? We can gain invaluable insight to help us answer that question by studying the investment trends of top investors, who employ world-class Ivy League graduates, who are given immense resources and industry contacts to put their financial expertise to […]
Century Aluminum (CENX) is seeing positive earnings estimate revisions, suggesting that it could be a solid choice for investors.
KBR is set to provide monitoring and advisory services to OCI's integrated ammonia-methanol plant in Beaumont for three years.
Shares of aluminum-producer Century Aluminum (NASDAQ: CENX) rose a whopping 11.4% as of 3 p.m. EDT today. Given that stocks across the aluminum sector, such as Alcoa and Kaiser Aluminum, rose strongly, as well, it's fair to say that this is a sector-wide move rather than purely a stock-specific one. China is responsible for producing 60% of the world's aluminum, so a slump in demand from China would create a glut that would play out in lower global prices.
Aluminum (ACH) could be a great choice for investors looking to make a profit from fundamentally strong stocks that are currently on the move. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our "Recent Price Strength" screen.