Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Alzheimer Treatment stocks down 0.8% on average while median return down 0.3% in a day
- Alzheimer Treatment stocks down 1.4% on average while median return down 1.8% in a week
- Alzheimer Treatment stocks up 8.5% on average while median return up 7.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index is based on equal weighted constituencies returns,Aggregated volume information is based on sum of all constituencies volumes
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $DNLI 52.1%, $ACAD 27.5%, $ABBV 21.2%, $VTVT 15.7%, $CRTX 11.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $AVXL -2.1%, $AMGN -2.5%, $NTRP -3.7%, $SAVA -19.6%, $VYGR -24.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $WVE 7.1%, $CRTX 5.4%, $ACIU 5.0%, $ABBV 3.9%, $VTVT 2.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $AXSM -4.5%, $VYGR -4.6%, $AMGN -6.1%, $BHVN -8.0%, $SAVA -12.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 24.8%, for the past 3 months is 29.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 57.4%, the lowest correlation is -2.6%, the latest correlation is 25.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 74.4% between AMGN and MRK
The lowest correlation is -30.3% between DNLI and VTVT
SHANGHAI, China, Nov. 23, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BioShin Limited announced today that the first patients were enrolled in its regional multi-center study, BHV3000-310, being conducted in China and Korea. BHV3000-310 is a double-blind, randomized trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of rimegepant in the acute treatment of migraine. Karl Lintel, M.D., Chief Executive Officer of BioShin commented, “We are very pleased to have started enrollment in study BHV300-310. Rimegepant was launched in...
Prof. Streffer is an established authority on neuroscience and biomarker modalities Appointment reaffirms AC Immune’s scientific leadership in neurodegenerationLAUSANNE, Switzerland, Nov. 18, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AC Immune SA (NASDAQ: ACIU), a Swiss-based, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a broad pipeline focused on neurodegenerative diseases, today announced that Prof. Johannes R. Streffer, an authority on neurology and psychiatry, was hired as the Company’s Chief Medical Offi...
AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 13, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cassava Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: SAVA) (the “Company” or “Cassava Sciences”), a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on Alzheimer’s disease, today announced the pricing of its previously announced underwritten public offering. The Company is offering 9,375,000 shares of its common stock, par value $0.001 per share, at a price to the public of $8.00 per share. In connection with the offering, the Company has also granted the underwriters a 3...
The drugmaker's stock hit the skids yesterday following the announcement of an underwritten public offering. While the details of the offering have yet to be released, Cassava said that the funds would be used to fund a late-stage trial of its Alzheimer's disease drug candidate sumifilam, along with general corporate purposes. Shareholders rarely take kindly to public offerings.
* Phase 1 trial completed in Lilly Morphomer™ Tau partnership program with plans to evaluate candidates in Alzheimer’s disease and NeuroOrphan indications * First-in-class TDP-43 therapeutic and diagnostic programs advance as the target’s role in a newly defined form of age-related dementia, limbic-predominant age-related TDP-43 encephalopathy (LATE), gains prominence, with a highly competitive grant awarded * All clinical and preclinical programs remain on track to meet all milestones expecte...
AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 12, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cassava Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: SAVA) (the “Company” or “Cassava Sciences”), a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on Alzheimer’s disease, today announced that it is commencing an underwritten public offering of shares of its common stock. The offering is subject to market and other conditions, and there can be no assurance as to whether or when the offering may be completed, or the actual size or terms of the offering. The Company expect...
Cortexyme, Inc. (Nasdaq: CRTX), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering potential therapeutics for Alzheimer’s and other degenerative diseases, today announced financial results for the third quarter 2020 and provided an update on its business.
Biogen's Alzheimer's disease drug, aducanumab, got positive news from the FDA last week. If the drug is approved, what does that mean for other companies with prospective Alzheimer's drug candidates?
To feature discussion of the Company’s world-leading therapeutic and diagnostic candidates targeting TDP-43LAUSANNE, Switzerland, Nov. 12, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AC Immune SA (NASDAQ: ACIU), a Swiss-based, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a broad pipeline focused on neurodegenerative diseases, today announced that it will participate in a fireside chat during the upcoming Jefferies Virtual London Healthcare Conference. The presentation will feature an overview of the Company’s bu...
Here's a roundup of top developments in the biotech space over the last 24 hours:Scaling The Peaks (Biotech Stocks Hitting 52-week Highs Nov. 9) * Alcon AG (NYSE: ALC) * Aligos Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: ALGS) * Aptevo Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: APVO) (announced second complete remission in a patient in Cohort 6 of a Phase 1 study of AVO436 in acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome patients) * Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. Class A Common Stock (NYSE: BIO) * BIO-TECHNE Corp (NASDAQ: ...