Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Alzheimer Treatment stocks down 3.7% on average while median return down 4.0% in a day
- Alzheimer Treatment stocks down 3.9% on average while median return down 3.4% in a week
- Alzheimer Treatment stocks up 23.3% on average while median return up -7.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $ANVS 147.6%, $SAVA 93.0%, $AVXL 70.5%, $ACIU 10.8%, $CYTH 5.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $ATHA -11.5%, $VTVT -14.8%, $IONS -16.3%, $DNLI -19.6%, $VYGR -30.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $CRTX 10.3%, $ANVS 0.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $DNLI -7.0%, $ATHA -8.0%, $VYGR -10.3%, $VTVT -10.8%, $SAVA -12.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 17.6%, for the past 3 months is 13.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 27.9%, the lowest correlation is -2.6%, the latest correlation is 24.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 88.5% between ANVS and SAVA
The lowest correlation is -43.2% between BHVN and MRK
Amgen said Thursday it will spend $1.9 billion to buy Five Prime Therapeutics, a small biotech company with a promising stomach cancer drug. The news sent FPRX stock rocketing.
In a casino, if you play long enough, the House always wins; this is just a matter of probabilities and available resources. It’s different in the stock market, even though there is a tendency to refer to stock investing as a game. Smart investors don’t have to ‘beat the house’ to come out ahead; this is not a zero-sum game. Rather, it’s a game of strategy. Successful investors will look for some edge, an ‘in’ that will lead them toward winning investments. This search naturally leads some inves...
WeissLaw LLP is investigating possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of law by the board of directors of Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. ("Five Prime" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: FPRX) in connection with the proposed acquisition of the Company by Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN). The transaction is structured as an all-cash tender offer pursuant to which the Company's shareholders will receive $38.00 for each share of Five Prime common stock that they hold.
Ellen Hodges & Omayya Atout, Founders of Songlorious, joins Yahoo Finance’s Alexis Christoforous to discuss the platforms' collaboration with musicians.
Betsy Price, Fort Worth Mayor, joins Yahoo Finance’s Kristin Myers to discuss Texas lifting its mask mandates and reopening businesses.
(Bloomberg) -- Amgen Inc. has agreed to buy Five Prime Therapeutics Inc. for $1.9 billion in cash, targeting an experimental therapy for a type of gastric cancer particularly prevalent in the Asia-Pacific region.Under the agreement, Amgen will pay $38 a share for Five Prime, a substantial premium over its closing stock price of $21.26 on Wednesday, according to a statement from the companies on Thursday. The transaction is expected to close by the end of the second quarter.The deal will give Amg...
The big biotech wants to bolster its late-stage pipeline with a potential new stomach cancer treatment.
NEW YORK, March 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C., a nationally recognized stockholder rights law firm, has launched an investigation into whether the board members of Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) breached their fiduciary duties or violated the federal securities laws in connection with the company’s acquisition by Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN). Click here to learn more and participate in the action. On March 4, 2021, Five Prime announced that it had signed an ...
The huge jump came after Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN) announced plans to acquire Five Prime for close to $1.9 billion. Regardless, today's announcement is certainly great news for Five Prime Therapeutics shareholders. Investors appear to also think it's a good move for Amgen.
Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN) has agreed to acquire Five Prime Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: FPRX) for $38 per share in cash, representing an equity value of approximately $1.9 billion. The offer price of $38 represents a whopping 79% premium on the last close price of $21.26 on Wednesday. Five Prime's immuno-oncology and targeted cancer therapies pipeline include five programs. Lead asset bemarituzumab is a Phase 3 ready anti-FGFR2b antibody. In January, the company reported positive Phase 2 data in fro...