Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Apparel/Footwear Retail stocks down -0.0% on average while median return down 0.3% in a day
- Apparel/Footwear Retail stocks down 9.9% on average while median return down 10.2% in a week
- Apparel/Footwear Retail stocks down 16.3% on average while median return down 14.9% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $LE 3.1%, $CHS 3.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $FL -22.9%, $ZUMZ -23.2%, $DXLG -26.6%, $EXPR -31.7%, $SFIX -39.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $BURL -13.7%, $JWN -14.5%, $EXPR -14.8%, $FL -15.0%, $SFIX -20.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 55.8%, for the past 3 months is 59.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 80.1%, the lowest correlation is 11.8%, the latest correlation is 35.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 88.9% between BKE and CPRI
The lowest correlation is -3.4% between JILL and URBN
TJX Companies (NYSE:TJX) has had a rough three months with its share price down 9.7%. However, stock prices are usually...
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Carter's (CRI) have what it takes? Let's find out.
The last three months have been tough on Lululemon Athletica Inc. ( NASDAQ:LULU ) shareholders, who have seen the share...
Chico's (CHS) appears to have found support after losing some value lately, as indicated by the formation of a hammer chart. In addition to this technical chart pattern, strong agreement among Wall Street analysts in revising earnings estimates higher enhances the stock's potential for a turnaround in the near term.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
The lines between workout clothing and everyday wear have disappeared, and that has driven share prices of Nike (NYSE: NKE) and Lululemon Athletica (NASDAQ: LULU) well ahead of the broader market over the past decade.
These three businesses have performed well in recent quarters and can produce stellar returns for investors.
Levi Strauss' (LEVI) second-quarter results are likely to reflect gains from strategic price increases as well as a strong direct-to-consumer business.
Online apparel sales are driving the overall e-commerce segment, helping stocks like Boot Barn Holdings, Inc. (BOOT), Canada Goose Holdings Inc. (GOOS), J.Jill, Inc. (JILL) and Designer Brands Inc. (DBI).
The excess inventory piling up at large retailers is proving a boon for liquidators and other companies that help dispose of the oversupply.