Aggregated price index with volume information
- Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation stocks up 0.4% on average while median return up 0.2% in a day
- Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation stocks down -0.0% on average while median return down -0.1% in a week
- Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation stocks down 8.9% on average while median return down 8.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $SIX 1.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $MGM -16.5%, $LVS -16.5%, $PLNT -19.9%, $CNTY -21.1%, $HOFV -26.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $PLNT 8.4%, $MANU 6.5%, $DKNG 6.1%, $PENN 2.6%, $MLCO 1.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SIX -2.2%, $MSGS -2.4%, $HOFV -4.0%, $CNTY -4.5%, $FUN -7.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 26.8%, for the past 3 months is 22.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 52.4%, the lowest correlation is 4.5%, the latest correlation is 14.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 85.7% between GDEN and IGT
The lowest correlation is -61.3% between CPHC and HOFV
In September, shares of gym chain Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT) dropped to multiyear lows after the company suddenly removed Chris Rondeau from his position as CEO. After previously throwing shade at Planet Fitness, a prominent investing newsletter is taking a victory lap.
Planet Fitness (PLNT) emphasizes strategic initiatives to expand its presence. However, a volatile macroeconomic environment is a concern.
Chris Rondeau, former CEO of Planet Fitness, says he doesn't know why he was asked to step down.
Greystone Capital Management, an investment management company, released its second-quarter 2023 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the second quarter, the return for separate accounts managed by the firm ranged from -0.7% to +8.0% and the median account returned +2.6% net of fees. Year-to-date, the Median account returned +6.4%, net […]
Bayern Munich struck twice in four minutes in the first half to set them on their way to a 4-3 victory over an embattled Manchester United on Wednesday and make a winning start in Champions League Group A. Goals from Leroy Sane and Serge Gnabry in the 28th and 32nd minutes put the hosts firmly in the driving seat with injury-hit United, who have now lost their last three matches, pulling a goal back in the 49th through Rasmus Hojlund's deflected effort. United, who lost 3-1 to both Brighton & ...
The large gym and fitness chain is experiencing several tailwinds
A Comprehensive Analysis of Planet Fitness's Financial Health and Potential Risks
Dell upgraded, Starbucks downgraded: Wall Street's top analyst calls
The latest and final stock sale of Madison Square Garden Entertainment by its former parent, Sphere Entertainment, looks bullish for the owner of the Madison Square Garden arena in Manhattan.
Today's top research calls for upgrade, downgrade and initiate on stocks, as compiled by The Fly.