Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Automobile Manufacturing stocks up 0.9% on average while median return up 1.0% in a day
- Automobile Manufacturing stocks up 2.5% on average while median return up 0.1% in a week
- Automobile Manufacturing stocks up 10.9% on average while median return up 8.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $TTM 58.3%, $F 25.1%, $TSLA 18.9%, $XPEV 17.7%, $LI 17.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $SOLO -1.5%, $HMC -2.0%, $TM -4.2%, $SOLOW -14.2%, $RIDE -25.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $XPEV 10.4%, $NIO 10.2%, $TSLA 9.2%, $LI 8.8%, $F 7.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $TTM -1.1%, $HMC -1.1%, $RIDE -1.4%, $SOLO -1.7%, $SOLOW -5.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 30.8%, for the past 3 months is 30.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 67.3%, the lowest correlation is -1.8%, the latest correlation is -1.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 82.5% between LI and XPEV
The lowest correlation is -10.1% between RACE and SOLOW
Many people are passionate about climate change, but not everybody should drive a battery electric vehicle as a means to combat climate change, Toyota Motor Corp Chief Scientist Gill Pratt said on Thursday at the Reuters Events Automotive Summit. Pratt's comments, during a discussion on electric vehicles, appeared to amplify remarks made over the past year by Toyota President Akio Toyoda.
(Reuters) -Many people are passionate about climate change, but not everybody should drive a battery electric vehicle as a means to combat climate change, Toyota Motor Corp Chief Scientist Gill Pratt said on Thursday at the Reuters Events Automotive Summit. Pratt's comments, during a discussion on electric vehicles, appeared to amplify remarks made over the past year by Toyota President Akio Toyoda. Toyoda and other company officials have said that electric vehicles will play a greater role in...
The Dow Jones fell. A Donald Trump SPAC exploded on news he is launching a social media platform. Tesla stock neared a new buy point
Ford Motor Co sees a robust market for electric trucks and vans by 2030, but it is facing some early pushback from commercial customers that are a key audience for the automaker's new F-150 Lightning and E-Transit, a top executive said on Thursday. The Lightning pickup and E-Transit van "are targeted at real people doing real work," said Ted Cannis, chief executive of Ford Pro, at the Reuters Events Automotive Summit. But some of those potential fleet buyers are taking a "wait and see" attitud...
Over the next decade the electric vehicle story is expected to unfold, in the process revolutionizing the auto industry as we know it. EV start-ups are popping up like weeds, attuned to this new opportunity. However, it is not just upstarts looking to ride this secular trend, legacy auto makers have realized where the puck is going and are chasing it down. Tigress analyst Ivan Feinseth sees one auto giant as exceptionally well-positioned to use this new world order to its advantage, and this wil
Ford is looking to take automatic headlight adaptability even further by designing a system that incorporates location data so lights can adjust and "see" around corners before the vehicle even approaches a bend in the road.
Tesla' record third-quarter numbers sent its stock—and the rest of the automotive sector—soaring.
Tesla has just put up a few impressive stats, Wall Street analysts say.
The stock market was narrowly mixed Thursday morning, slowing its advance after several days of solid gains. But the IBD 50 outperformed.
Yahoo Finance's Rick Newman discusses what he's learned about why some CEOs are choosing to not mandate COVID-19 vaccines for their employees.