Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Automobile Manufacturing stocks down 1.9% on average while median return down 2.4% in a day
- Automobile Manufacturing stocks down 7.0% on average while median return down 6.6% in a week
- Automobile Manufacturing stocks down 16.5% on average while median return down 12.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $TTM 9.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $TSLA -22.4%, $FSR -29.6%, $XPEV -30.0%, $SOLO -30.4%, $RIDE -33.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $TTM 9.0%, $TM 1.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $NIO -10.8%, $XPEV -11.3%, $TSLA -11.8%, $SOLO -14.9%, $RIDE -16.6%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 22.7%, for the past 3 months is 26.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 64.7%, the lowest correlation is 1.1%, the latest correlation is 11.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 82.8% between NIO and SOLO
The lowest correlation is -45.4% between HMC and LI
Almost all major carmakers like General Motors Company (GM), Ford Motor Company (F) and Honda Motor Corporation (HMC) are reporting robust new vehicles sales, thus indicating that the industry is finally getting back on its feet.
Self-driving tech company Pony.ai, backed by Toyota Motor Corp, said on Monday its next-generation technology for robotaxis will be using lidars made by Luminar Technologies, Inc. Lidars are laser-based sensors that are a key component to many autonomous vehicle technologies and help them perceive the environment around the cars. James Peng, Pony.ai CEO said the startup chose Luminar's Iris lidar for its performance but also as it can be integrated into the car better than traditional lidars.
Some Toyota Motor shareholders have criticized its President Akio Toyoda for questioning Japan's plans to ban conventional cars only days after the firm said it was reviewing its climate lobbying and aimed for carbon neutrality by 2050. The five investors, who collectively have around $500 billion in assets under management and spoke exclusively to Reuters, said the carmaker risks falling behind competitors that are rolling out electric vehicles, while giving cover for other companies seeking t...
While Japan's biggest automakers report what analysts expect to be depressed earnings this week, investors looking for trading cues will be tuned into any assessment of the future impact of a global chip shortage that has forced a shake-up in production. Automakers worldwide have had to adjust or suspend production in the past few months as factors including a surge in demand for electronic devices plus U.S. sanctions against Chinese technology firms led to a dearth of semiconductors. Blackout...
(Bloomberg) -- China is shaping up to be the first real test of Big Tech’s ambitions in the world of carmaking, with giants from Huawei Technologies Co. to Baidu Inc. plowing almost $19 billion into electric and self-driving vehicle ventures widely seen as the future of transport.While Apple Inc. has long had plans for its own car and Alphabet Inc. has Waymo, its autonomous driving unit, the size -- and speed -- of the move by China’s tech titans puts them at the vanguard of that broader push. T...
Ford Motor Co is recalling 661,000 Explorer sport utility vehicles in North America at the request of U.S. regulators because retention pins could loosen and allow roof rail covers to detach from the vehicle. Dealers will install push-pins and replace any damaged rail clips and roof rail covers. The second-largest U.S. automaker said in documents https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RMISC-21V316-0418.pdf posted Sunday that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration first inquired abou...
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Ford Motor Co is recalling 661,000 Explorer sport utility vehicles in North America at the request of U.S. regulators because retention pins could loosen and allow roof rail covers to detach from the vehicle. Dealers will install push-pins and replace any damaged rail clips and roof rail covers. The second-largest U.S. automaker said in documents https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RMISC-21V316-0418.pdf posted Sunday that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administrati...
Among the biggest companies due to report in Europe this week is Commerzbank. Germany’s second-largest listed lender has previously announced it is shelving its dividend for the next two years and has embarked on aggressive cost cuts in an effort to return to profitability after being hit hard by the economic fallout of the pandemic. The plan involves closing almost half of its branches in Germany.