Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Automobile Manufacturing stocks up 1.2% on average while median return up 1.0% in a day
- Automobile Manufacturing stocks down 2.0% on average while median return down 2.5% in a week
- Automobile Manufacturing stocks up 20.2% on average while median return up 17.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $TTM 50.6%, $SOLOW 40.5%, $TSLA 36.7%, $GM 35.0%, $NIO 29.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $TM -3.3%, $FSR -3.7%, $RACE -3.9%, $HMC -5.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $GM 16.9%, $TTM 14.4%, $F 11.1%, $TSLA 0.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $XPEV -3.4%, $SOLOW -5.8%, $NIO -7.0%, $RIDE -8.6%, $SOLO -14.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 9.8%, for the past 3 months is 15.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 22.7%, the lowest correlation is -4.2%, the latest correlation is 11.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 85.1% between SOLO and SOLOW
The lowest correlation is -54.5% between FCAU and GM
The Dow Jones slid lower amid fears Joe Biden's massive stimulus plan could lead to higher interest rates or tax hikes. GM stock reversed.
Ford CTO Ken Washington says 2021 will be the year that electric cards truly begin to take off in the U.S., and that self-driving cars will start appearing on roads in 2022.
Ford CTO Ken Washington joined Yahoo Finance's Dan Howley to break down the recent push for electric vehicles and when consumers can expect fully autonomous vehicles to be more common.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc said on Friday it expects to become the issuing bank for automaker General Motors Co's credit card business, starting September this year. Media reports in October said that Goldman had won the bidding over Barclays Plc for the automaker's credit card business in a $2.5 billion deal. Goldman and GM did not disclose the terms of the deal but said that Mastercard Inc will remain the network for the card.
By Yasin Ebrahim and Geoffrey Smith
(Bloomberg) -- Goldman Sachs Group Inc. signed a deal to take over General Motors Co.’s credit-card portfolio.The Wall Street giant will be the issuer for the automaker’s credit-card programs, with a targeted start of September, the two companies said in a statement. Mastercard Inc. will remain the network for the cards. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed.“We chose to partner with Goldman Sachs because of their proven ability to innovate,” Chuck Thomson, general manager of retail sales and mark...
IMPORTANT NOTICEBy reading this communication, you agree to be bound by the following limitations and qualifications:This communication is for informational purposes only and is not intended to and does not constitute an offer or invitation to exchange or sell or solicitation of an offer to subscribe for or buy, or an invitation to exchange, purchase or subscribe for, any securities, any part of the business or assets described herein, or any other interests or the solicitation of any vote or ap...
While comparing stocks, if other factors are similar, investors can look out for the one with higher earnings yield. Stocks including GM, WGO, NVAX and MT score high in that parameter.
Amazon is selling access to the underlying technology stack of Alexa to let companies — starting with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles — build their own intelligent assistants with unique voices, skills and wake words. The new Alexa Custom Assistant product, which was announced Friday, can coexist and cooperate with the Alexa assistant. Theoretically, this means an automaker could choose to use the custom assistant to interact with drivers on specific products and services tied to the vehicle as well...
(Bloomberg) -- Amazon.com Inc. is offering other companies the ability to use the building blocks of the Alexa digital assistant for their own automated versions, the latest effort to embed the company’s voice software into other devices.Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV will be the first to use Alexa Custom Assistant, relying on Amazon-built speech recognition and other software to power the automaker’s in-car tools, Amazon said Friday in a statement. The retail and technology giant also invited oth...