Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Beverages: Alcoholic stocks down 1.1% on average while median return down 1.1% in a day
- Beverages: Alcoholic stocks down 0.4% on average while median return down -0.4% in a week
- Beverages: Alcoholic stocks up 3.4% on average while median return up -0.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $TAP 14.4%, $NBEV 9.6%, $CCU 9.5%, $STZ 6.3%, $ABEV 1.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $DEO -1.1%, $WVVI -1.2%, $BUD -1.9%, $SAM -2.2%, $WVVIP -6.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $TAP 6.1%, $CCU 4.9%, $WVVI 3.8%, $WVVIP 1.8%, $NBEV 1.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ABEV -0.7%, $BUD -3.4%, $STZ -4.4%, $DEO -4.7%, $SAM -9.3%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 19.9%, for the past 3 months is 23.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 39.9%, the lowest correlation is -6.5%, the latest correlation is 37.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 71.9% between CCU and TAP
The lowest correlation is -44.4% between ABEV and WVVIP
The stock market moved lower on Monday, falling back from record levels. Worries about how quickly coronavirus vaccine distribution might help the U.S. economy get back to normal plagued market participants, and investors seemed ready to take profits after a big move higher last week. The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJINDICES: ^DJI), S&P 500 (SNPINDEX: ^GSPC), and Nasdaq Composite (NASDAQINDEX: ^IXIC) were down as much as 1.25%.
Molson Coors Beverage Co. (TAP) has signed an exclusive distribution deal with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Dany Garcia and others in the business of health and fitness on a nonalcoholic energy drink called Zoa that is expected to begin rolling out in March and go nationwide through the spring. Molson Coors has also taken a “small stake” in the brand. Zoa is made with ingredients like turmeric, camu camu and acerola cherry.
Anheuser-Busch Inbev (BUD) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank 2 (Buy).
MOLSON COORS BEVERAGE COMPANY TO WEBCAST 2020 FOURTH QUARTER EARNINGS CONFERENCE CALL
TAP vs. BUD: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Raise a Toast to Two Companies with Favorable Stories.
In this article we discuss 10 best beverage stocks to buy now. The beverage industry is going through a consequential shift in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, as companies worldwide scramble to meet the rising demand of liquor, soft drinks, hard seltzer and other beverages in the e-commerce channels. The beverage industry has a […]
Molson Coors (TAP) benefits from the strong market share in the fast-growing hard seltzer market as well as progress on the revitalization plan.
2020 was grim. But the stock market did OK. So, what's the stock forecast for 2021? And what's the outlook for diversified funds?
After a year of at-home cocktails, virtual happy hours and a surge in drinking wrought by the COVID-19 crisis, January may be the perfect time to “dry” out.