Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Biotechnology stocks down 1.7% on average while median return down 1.8% in a day
- Biotechnology stocks down 0.7% on average while median return down 1.1% in a week
- Biotechnology stocks down 6.0% on average while median return down 9.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CCXI 95.7%, $XENE 72.0%, $PTGX 71.8%, $FLXN 49.4%, $VYGR 46.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $APOP -43.8%, $NKTX -45.9%, $ASLN -50.6%, $PRLD -55.3%, $OMER -64.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $MGTX 44.3%, $INBX 44.2%, $SESN 26.8%, $ENOB 26.8%, $NCNA 23.5%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $MNKD -20.6%, $OMER -20.8%, $ARDX -20.9%, $CRTX -25.3%, $XBIOW -25.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 19.8%, for the past 3 months is 16.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 55.5%, the lowest correlation is 7.8%, the latest correlation is 23.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 70.4% between AKBA and AKUS
The lowest correlation is -50.0% between ALLO and ALXN
Infinity Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: INFI) got off to a market-beating start this week as its shares zoomed 3.8% higher Monday, on the back of new analyst coverage that made an extremely bullish case for investing in the biotech. H.C. Wainwright's Michael King Jr. is the prominent new Infinity bull. King points out that the company's lead pipeline candidate, the cancer treatment eganelisib, "has shown compelling activity both as a single agent as well as in combination with commonly used immune c...
Leading developer of life science tools joins an innovative group of Power100 Champions, leading the region to a sustainable future
HOLLISTON, Mass., Oct. 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Harvard Bioscience, Inc. (Nasdaq: HBIO) will announce its financial results for third quarter ended September 30, 2021, before the market opens on November 3, 2021, and will hold a conference call to discuss the results at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time. You can access the live conference call by dialing the following phone numbers: toll-free 1 (877) 303-7611 or international 1 (970) 315-0445 and referencing the conference ID # 8391005. The conference
NEW YORK, Oct. 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bernstein Liebhard, a nationally acclaimed investor rights law firm, reminds investors of the deadline to file a lead plaintiff motion in a securities class action lawsuit that has been filed on behalf of investors who purchased or acquired the securities of Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ("Spectrum" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: SPPI) from December 27, 2018 through August 5, 2021 (the "Class Period"). The lawsuit filed in the United States District Court
Biogen and Ionis' approach to Lou Gehrig's disease flopped over the weekend, leading IONS stock to collapse to a five-year low Monday.
-- TORC 1/2 inhibitor sapanisertib and SYK inhibitor mivavotinib strengthen Company’s precision oncology pipeline -- -- Calithera will initiate Phase 2 clinical trials of sapanisertib and mivavotinib in 2022 -- -- Calithera to host webcast and conference call today at 5:30 p.m. ET / 2:30 p.m. PT -- SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Oct. 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Calithera Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: CALA), a clinical-stage, precision oncology biopharmaceutical company, today announced an agreement
Oral Presentation of Clinical Data for TIL in Combination with Pembrolizumabin Immune-Checkpoint Inhibitor Naïve Patients with Advanced Cancers Poster for TIL Therapy in Advanced, Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-Treated Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) SAN CARLOS, Calif., Oct. 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Iovance Biotherapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: IOVA), a late-stage biotechnology company developing novel T cell-based cancer immunotherapies, will host a webcast and conference call on Saturday, Novembe
Four poster presentations add to the evidence of the beneficial effects of lanifibranor therapy on key components of NASH, following further sub-analyses of Inventiva’s NATIVE Phase IIb clinical trial resultsThe fifth poster presentation demonstrates that lanifibranor improves NASH, fibrosis and diastolic dysfunction in a hamster model of diet-induced NASH and diastolic dysfunction Daix (France), Long Island City (New York, United States), October 18, 2021 – Inventiva (Euronext Paris and Nasdaq: