Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Biotechnology stocks down 1.5% on average while median return down 1.4% in a day
- Biotechnology stocks down 3.6% on average while median return down 4.2% in a week
- Biotechnology stocks down 4.8% on average while median return down 7.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $SEEL 84.7%, $GLSI 80.0%, $XXII 62.6%, $CARA 56.4%, $BNTC 55.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $SLDB -47.0%, $SRRK -51.8%, $AVEO -55.4%, $FREQ -71.2%, $IDRA -72.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $GLSI 54.4%, $FBIO 41.3%, $CYCCP 37.5%, $CARA 34.2%, $EARS 26.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ITOS -23.5%, $FIXX -23.9%, $MTEM -33.8%, $SRRK -35.8%, $FGEN -48.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 29.9%, for the past 3 months is 19.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 49.6%, the lowest correlation is 11.2%, the latest correlation is 11.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 84.8% between AKBA and ALNY
The lowest correlation is -21.0% between AKUS and ALEC
Suzanne Judd, Epidemiologist at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Public Health, joined Yahoo Finance to discuss the latest on covid-19.
Nominees bring diverse business and public health experience key to Biogen’s mission to pioneer and lead in neuroscienceCompany thanks Director Robert W. Pangia as he retires from the Board CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Biogen Inc. (Nasdaq: BIIB) today announced the nomination of Maria C. Freire, Ph.D. and William D. Jones to stand for election to the company’s board of directors at its 2021 annual meeting of stockholders, scheduled for June 2, 2021. Additionally, Robert W...
The spotlight has shone on Bionano Genomics (BNGO) in 2021. The life sciences company is getting a lot of attention due to Saphyr, its genome imaging system, and the role it can play in transforming the cytogenetics space. Oppenheimer’s Kevin DeGeeter says his positive outlook for the company is partly based on Saphyr’s potential to impact other markets beyond cytogenetics for hematologic malignancies. Ones where the use of microarrays, FSH and karyotyping also “results in long and expensive ana...
New York, New York--(Newsfile Corp. - April 9, 2021) - The following statement is being issued by Levi & Korsinsky, LLP:To: All persons or entities who purchased or otherwise acquired securities of Immunovant, Inc. (NASDAQ: IMVT) f/k/a Health Sciences Acquisitions Corporation (NASDAQ: HSAC) between October 2, 2019 and February 1, 2021. You are hereby notified that a securities class action lawsuit has been commenced in the United States District Court for the Eastern District ...
Arcus Biosciences, Inc. (NYSE:RCUS), an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company working to create best-in-class cancer therapies, today announced that the Compensation Committee of the Company’s Board of Directors granted twelve new employees options to purchase a total of 180,200 shares of the Company’s common stock at an exercise price per share of $30.90, which was the closing price on April 8, 2021. The stock options were granted pursuant to the Company’s 2020 Inducement Plan, which was a...
Derek Jantz, CSO and Co-Founder of Precision BioSciences, will participate in a fireside chat at Truist Securities Life Sciences Virtual Series.
Seagen Inc. (Nasdaq: SGEN) and Genmab A/S (Nasdaq: GMAB) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted for Priority Review the Biologics License Application (BLA) seeking accelerated approval for tisotumab vedotin. This BLA requests FDA approval of tisotumab vedotin for the treatment of patients with recurrent or metastatic cervical cancer with disease progression on or after chemotherapy. Under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA), the FDA has set a target ...
Genmab A/S (Nasdaq: GMAB) and Seagen Inc. (Nasdaq: SGEN) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted for Priority Review the Biologics License Application (BLA) seeking accelerated approval for tisotumab vedotin. This BLA requests FDA approval of tisotumab vedotin for the treatment of patients with recurrent or metastatic cervical cancer with disease progression on or after chemotherapy. Under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA), the FDA has set a target ...
If you own shares in any of the companies listed above and would like to discuss our investigations or have any questions concerning this notice or your rights or interests, please contact: