Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Biotechnology stocks down 3.1% on average while median return down 3.4% in a day
- Biotechnology stocks down 3.8% on average while median return down 4.1% in a week
- Biotechnology stocks down 12.2% on average while median return down 12.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CRBP 140.4%, $BIVI 60.3%, $ENZ 57.7%, $RCEL 45.4%, $JNCE 42.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $SNGX -54.4%, $SLS -66.9%, $NKTR -72.1%, $AZYO -73.6%, $ESPR -73.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $CRBP 128.9%, $ENZ 97.1%, $INM 60.4%, $ARAV 39.8%, $HSTO 31.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $NKTR -30.8%, $SNGX -32.2%, $CODX -44.0%, $ESPR -63.3%, $AZYO -71.3%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 16.5%, for the past 3 months is 14.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 38.6%, the lowest correlation is 3.2%, the latest correlation is 18.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 71.7% between ABCM and AFMD
The lowest correlation is -58.6% between ADTX and ALKS
ANN ARBOR, Mich., March 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Esperion (NASDAQ: ESPR) (“Esperion” or the “Company”) today announced the closing of its previously announced registered direct offering of an aggregate of 33,170,747 shares of its common stock (or common stock equivalents in lieu thereof) and short-term warrants to purchase up to an aggregate of 33,170,747 shares of common stock priced at-the-market under Nasdaq rules. Each share of common stock (or common stock equivalent in lieu thereof) wa
SILVER SPRING, Md., March 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aziyo Biologics, Inc. (Nasdaq: AZYO) (“Aziyo”), a company that develops and commercializes biologic products to improve compatibility between medical devices and the patients who need them, today provided a business update and reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2022. Business Highlights: Reported $49.2 million of net sales for full year 2022Fourth quarter 2022 net sales of $12.7 million, repres
BURNABY, British Columbia, March 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq:XENE), a neurology-focused biopharmaceutical company, today announced that the company will present at the virtual Stifel 2023 CNS Days taking place March 28-29, 2023. Company Fireside Chat Presentation Details: Date:Tuesday, March 28, 2023 Time:1:00 pm Eastern Time (10:00 am Pacific Time) Presenters:Ian Mortimer, President and CEO Sherry Aulin, CFO Webcast: Link to pre-register for the webcast can b
Wood's flagship Ark Innovation ETF has slumped 41% over the past year, but has rebounded 27% so far this year.
Gileads Yescarta shows statistically significant improvement in overall survival for initial treatment of R/R LBCL patients versus historical standard of care in curative setting.
Regeneron (REGN) gets FDA approval for Evkeeza to treat children aged 5 to 11 with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia.