Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Biotechnology stocks up 1.4% on average while median return up 1.4% in a day
- Biotechnology stocks down 3.1% on average while median return down 3.6% in a week
- Biotechnology stocks down 6.2% on average while median return down 11.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $GNFT 50.9%, $LIXT 41.0%, $SPRB 37.2%, $MBOT 35.5%, $BCRX 30.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $PACB -43.5%, $ALDX -46.8%, $SMMT -49.7%, $APLT -59.1%, $BBIO -67.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $BCRX 33.9%, $PSTI 31.3%, $IMRN 29.9%, $ONCY 22.7%, $MACK 19.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $GOVX -21.8%, $SYRS -23.1%, $RAPT -24.3%, $PACB -25.8%, $KYMR -26.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 28.1%, for the past 3 months is 21.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 49.9%, the lowest correlation is 13.2%, the latest correlation is 22.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 90.0% between ACAD and ALDX
The lowest correlation is -56.5% between ADXN and AGLE
Investment company Culbertson A N & Co Inc (Current Portfolio) buys The Travelers Inc, WisdomTree U.S.
Investment company FourThought Financial, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Northrop Grumman Corp, Lockheed Martin Corp, Xcel Energy Inc, AbbVie Inc, DocuSign Inc, sells AT&T Inc, L3Harris Technologies Inc, Nike Inc, Southwest Airlines Co, Alphabet Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, FourThought Financial, LLC.
MENLO PARK, Calif., Jan. 14, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PacBio (NASDAQ: PACB), a leading provider of high-quality, highly accurate sequencing platforms, today announced that the Compensation Committee of the Company’s Board of Directors granted non-qualified stock options covering an aggregate of 80,000 shares of PacBio common stock, and restricted stock units (“RSUs”) covering 40,000 shares of PacBio common stock, to a recently hired employee under the Pacific Biosciences 2020 Inducement Equity I
Dr. Andre Campbell, a professor of surgery at UCSF and ICU physician at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss the rise in COVID-19 cases in California, staffing shortages, and the need to vaccinate as many Americans as possible.
Investment company Next Capital Management LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Globus Medical Inc, Tesla Inc, PPG Industries Inc, CSG Systems International Inc, iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets ETF, sells Apple Inc, Nuveen Floating Rate Income Fund, Blackrock Floating Rate Inc Stra Fd Inc, Nuveen Short Duration Credit Opps, JPMorgan Chase during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Next Capital Management LLC.
Investment company RVW Wealth, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys iShares ESG Screened S&P Mid-Cap ETF, iShares iBonds Dec 2026 Term Corporate ETF, Dimensional International Core Equity Market ETF, Invesco BulletShares 2026 Corporate Bond ETF, Avantis Emerging Markets Equity ETF, sells iShares iBonds Dec 2021 Term Corporate ETF, Xtrackers Russell US Multifactor ETF, JPMorgan Ultra-Short Income ETF, SPDR Portfolio Emerging Markets ETF, Invesco BulletShares 2021 Corporate Bond ETF during the 3-months en
Regeneron (REGN) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
While the market driven by short-term sentiment influenced by the accommodative interest rate environment in the US, virus news and stimulus spending, many smart money investors are starting to get cautious towards the current bull run since March, 2020 and hedging or reducing many of their long positions. Some fund managers are betting on Dow […]