Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- The momentum of the sector is very strong.
- Broadcasting stocks down 0.2% on average while median return down -0.0% in a day
- Broadcasting stocks up 5.3% on average while median return up 3.9% in a week
- Broadcasting stocks up 13.6% on average while median return up 9.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $SALM 49.0%, $ETM 43.8%, $BBGI 41.5%, $VIAC 30.7%, $VIACA 29.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $HMTV -3.8%, $SGA -5.4%, $GTN -6.1%, $SIRI -8.4%, $FENG -38.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $SALM 21.1%, $ETM 19.6%, $FENG 18.3%, $BBGI 17.5%, $CMLS 13.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SGA -2.6%, $TGNA -3.6%, $UONE -3.9%, $SSP -5.1%, $TV -8.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 28.9%, for the past 3 months is 28.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 47.0%, the lowest correlation is 3.5%, the latest correlation is 3.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 98.9% between FOX and FOXA
The lowest correlation is -65.5% between FENG and SBGI
A Relative Strength Rating upgrade for Discovery Communications shows improving technical performance.
ViacomCBS CFO Naveen Chopra weighs in on the streaming wars and how his company plans to compete.
ViacomCBS (VIAC) and Sinclair enter into a multi-year affiliation agreement to provide CBS network affiliation for Sinclair stations in 13 markets.
ViacomCBS and DISH Media today announced a significant industry breakthrough by delivering the first-ever addressable impressions within a live national broadcast via MVPD set-top box. Addressable ad replacement was successfully executed on a select number of live campaigns across DISH’s 9MM household footprint in certain CBS-owned-and-operated markets, marking a major technical advancement in broadcast television. Adcuratio powered the activation with its groundbreaking signaling solution, deve...
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) announced that Billy Robbins has been promoted to Vice President & General Manager of WBFF (FOX and MyNet) in Baltimore, Maryland. Mr. Robbins will also oversee Sinclair's provision of services to WNUV (CW affiliate) and report into Bill Fanshawe, Senior Vice President and Group Manager. The announcement was made by Rob Weisbord, President of Broadcast and Chief Advertising Revenue Officer.
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIACA, VIAC) and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: SBGI) ("Sinclair"), today announced multi-year agreements across 13 CBS network affiliations for Sinclair stations, including four top-50 market affiliates, WKRC in Cincinnati, OH, WPEC in West Palm Beach, FL, WWMT in Grand Rapids, MI and WHP in Harrisburg, PA. The 13 markets combined reach about 5% of the U.S. audience serving nearly six million television households.
Let's explore the reasons why two stocks trading in single digits -- Sirius XM (NASDAQ: SIRI) and Limelight Networks (NASDAQ: LLNW) --- could make welcome additions to your portfolio right now. Sirius XM is proof that a small stock price doesn't always mean a small company. Despite trading at around $5.88, Sirius boasts a market cap of $25 billion, which puts it in large-cap territory.
Nickelodeon will premiere CG-animated series Deer Squad in the U.S. following a successful run overseas. The result of a partnership between iQIYI, an innovative market-leading online entertainment service in China, Nickelodeon International and VIS KIDS, a division of ViacomCBS International Studios, Deer Squad will premiere on Nickelodeon in the U.S. on Jan. 25, at 9 a.m. (ET/PT) in the preschool block. The series will continue to air regularly weekdays at 9 a.m. (ET/PT).
SiriusXM (SIRI) and the National Basketball Association (NBA) extend agreement to provide live audio broadcasts to SiriusXM Premier Streaming Package subscribers for every NBA game.