Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Cable/Satellite TV stocks up 0.6% on average while median return up 0.2% in a day
- Cable/Satellite TV stocks up 0.9% on average while median return up -0.4% in a week
- Cable/Satellite TV stocks up 6.5% on average while median return up 2.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $DISCK 39.8%, $DISCA 38.1%, $AMCX 22.9%, $DISH 12.4%, $CMCSA 7.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $CCZ -0.2%, $LBRDA -0.6%, $CHTR -1.6%, $CABO -6.7%, $NFLX -13.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $DISH 5.3%, $AMCX 3.9%, $DISCA 3.7%, $DISCK 3.6%, $LBTYK 3.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ATUS -2.6%, $NFLX -2.8%, $LILA -3.3%, $LILAK -3.5%, $CABO -6.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 17.1%, for the past 3 months is 18.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 35.8%, the lowest correlation is 6.8%, the latest correlation is 13.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 99.8% between DISCA and DISCK
The lowest correlation is -46.6% between LBTYA and LORL
Yahoo Finance's Allie Canal details the opening box office numbers for the theatrical release of "Scream", the success of hybrid theatrical-streaming movie releases, and Netflix raising its prices for subscribers.
Yahoo Finance's Jared Blikre breaks down how stocks are trading on Friday afternoon.
Investment company Metropolis Capital Ltd (Current Portfolio) buys Comcast Corp, Mastercard Inc, sells Cisco Systems Inc, Progressive Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Metropolis Capital Ltd.
John Hancock Investment Management Co-Chief Investment Strategist Matt Miskin joins Yahoo Finance Live’s Zack Guzman and Akiko Fujita to discuss inflation, supply chain disruptions, and the earnings growth outlook for 2022.
Shopping for some tech bargains ahead of the Federal Reserve's rate hikes? Try these on for size, says one veteran tech analyst.
What will replace the now-closed Shrek 4D attraction at Universal Orlando? It's going to be bananas.
Comcast stock bulls focus on broadband and expectations for improved results at NBCU. Here’s what fundamental and technical analysis says about buying CMCSA stock.
The project to bring 10G to reality would bring internet speeds about 10 times faster than Comcast's fastest internet offering on the market today.
Shaw Communications' (SJR) first-quarter fiscal 2022 results reflect revenue growth in the wireline and wireless segments.
PHILADELPHIA, January 13, 2022--Comcast Announces World-First Test of 10G Modem Technology Capable of Delivering Multigigabit Speeds to Homes