Aggregated price index with volume information
- Casinos (except Casino Hotels) stocks up 0.4% on average while median return up 0.3% in a day
- Casinos (except Casino Hotels) stocks down 0.0% on average while median return down -0.3% in a week
- Casinos (except Casino Hotels) stocks down 8.5% on average while median return down 8.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $FLL -10.3%, $CZR -14.0%, $MGM -16.5%, $LVS -16.5%, $CNTY -21.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $DKNG 6.1%, $PENN 2.6%, $MLCO 1.1%, $ACEL 1.0%, $WYNN 0.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $MCRI -1.4%, $GDEN -1.5%, $RRR -1.9%, $IGT -2.0%, $CNTY -4.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 39.1%, for the past 3 months is 34.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 70.2%, the lowest correlation is 7.5%, the latest correlation is 17.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 85.7% between GDEN and IGT
The lowest correlation is -16.7% between BYD and GIGM