Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Chemicals: Major Diversified stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up 0.1% in a day
- Chemicals: Major Diversified stocks up 4.0% on average while median return up 2.6% in a week
- Chemicals: Major Diversified stocks up 8.0% on average while median return up 8.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $HUN 21.2%, $WLK 17.4%, $VVV 13.0%, $CE 10.1%, $FSI 9.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $FSI 15.1%, $VVV 10.0%, $SXT 8.0%, $NGVT 3.7%, $DD 3.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ESI -0.3%, $IKNX -3.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 35.5%, for the past 3 months is 42.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 69.9%, the lowest correlation is 8.5%, the latest correlation is 17.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 85.7% between DD and EMN
The lowest correlation is -31.6% between FSI and NGVT
The Relative Strength Rating for Sensient Technologies climbed into a new percentile Monday, with an increase from 79 to 82. Is Sensient stock on your radar? IBD's proprietary RS Rating identifies technical performance by using a 1 (worst) to 99 (best) score that identifies how a stock's price action over the trailing 52 weeks matches up against other publicly traded companies.
Many prominent investors, including Warren Buffett, David Tepper and Stan Druckenmiller, have been cautious regarding the current bull market and missed out as the stock market reached another high in recent weeks. On the other hand, technology hedge funds weren’t timid and registered double digit market beating gains. Financials, energy and industrial stocks initially suffered […]
What trends should we look for it we want to identify stocks that can multiply in value over the long term? One common...
Ingevity (NGVT) to boost caprolactone monomer production at its Warrington unit to more effectively cater to the rising demand in its engineered polymers portfolio.
Following GrowGeneration (GRWG) and HGS Hydro's mutual agreement to terminate their previously announced acquisition, the former updates its 2021 revenue guidance.
PKX, MOV, RS, XOM, and ESI have been added to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) List on October 18, 2021.
Commercial Metals' (CMC) Q4 earnings and sales figures climb year over year on solid demand and record shipment levels.
How do you pick the next stock to invest in? One way would be to spend days of research browsing through thousands of publicly traded companies. However, an easier way is to look at the stocks that smart money investors are collectively bullish on. Hedge funds and other institutional investors usually invest large amounts of […]
Specialty ingredients, flavor and color manufacturer for the food and beverage industry Sensient Technologies Corporation (SXT) recently announced a quarterly dividend of 41 cents per share, up 5.1% from the previous dividend of 39 cents. Following the news, shares of the company appreciated 4.8% to close at $96.21 on Friday. The dividend will be paid on December 1, 2021, to shareholders of record as of November 1, 2021. The company’s annual dividend of $1.64 per share now reflects a dividend yi
Plant shutdowns associated with Ida are likely to have further squeezed the supply of raw materials, impacts of which are likely to be felt on chemical companies' Q3 results.