Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Chemicals: Major Diversified stocks down 0.5% on average while median return down 1.1% in a day
- Chemicals: Major Diversified stocks up 2.3% on average while median return up -2.2% in a week
- Chemicals: Major Diversified stocks up 16.1% on average while median return up 5.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $IKNX 81.5%, $FSI 52.7%, $DD 25.2%, $ESI 12.9%, $HUN 9.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $CVLB -8.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $FSI 37.9%, $IKNX 15.0%, $DD 0.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $HUN -2.6%, $NGVT -2.6%, $SXT -2.8%, $WLK -3.0%, $CVLB -6.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 36.1%, for the past 3 months is 38.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 62.7%, the lowest correlation is 12.0%, the latest correlation is 37.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.1% between EMN and WLK
The lowest correlation is -51.3% between FSI and SXT
Huntsman Corporation (NYSE: HUN) today announced it completed the acquisition of Gabriel Performance Products (Gabriel), a North American specialty chemical manufacturer of specialty additives and epoxy curing agents for the coatings, adhesives, sealants and composite end-markets, from Audax Private Equity.
Why you should depend on the DuPont technique to pick solid profit-generating stocks.
Ingevity (NGVT) gains on regulation-driven adoption of its applications and cost-cutting actions.
As of late, it has definitely been a great time to be an investor in Huntsman (HUN).
These are the materials stocks with the best value, fastest growth, and most momentum for February 2021.
CE vs. ECL: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Ingevity (NYSE: NGVT) announced that it will release its fourth quarter and full year earnings after the stock market close on Weds., Feb. 10, 2021.
An upturn in demand across major end-markets such as construction and automotive instills optimism in the specialty chemical space. DQ, ESI, CE, FSI and FOE are worth betting on right now.