Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Chemicals: Major Diversified stocks down 2.9% on average while median return down 2.9% in a day
- Chemicals: Major Diversified stocks down 2.4% on average while median return down 1.9% in a week
- Chemicals: Major Diversified stocks up 6.3% on average while median return up 8.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $NGVT 19.3%, $VVV 16.9%, $ESI 13.3%, $EMN 11.2%, $WLK 10.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $FSI -12.0%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $EMN 1.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $CE -2.7%, $VVV -2.8%, $HUN -5.4%, $ESI -5.6%, $FSI -7.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 36.7%, for the past 3 months is 35.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 74.6%, the lowest correlation is 14.1%, the latest correlation is 74.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.0% between CE and HUN
The lowest correlation is -33.2% between IKNX and SXT
Kinross' (KGC) Q1 earnings gain from higher gold prices and lower all-in sustaining costs.
Silver Standard's (SSRM) Q1 earnings soar on higher number of gold equivalents sold, and increased realized gold and silver prices.
First Majestic (AG) first-quarter top line improves on a year-over-year basis on higher average realized silver price.
Ingevity will hold a live webinar to discuss end uses and growth opportunities for its Engineered Polymers business on May 26, 2021, at 10 a.m. EST.
Jim Cramer shares stock-market news including which stocks to buy in a market wrought with oversupply, ARK ETF and how to diversify your portfolio away from tech stocks.
Goldman Sachs analyst Robert Koort upgraded shares of three chemical producers Tuesday. He now favors "longer duration growth."
Element Solutions' (ESI) global scale and relevant customer intimacy are expected to enable it to grow H.K. Wentworth's business substantially.
Nucor (NUE) upgrades engineered bar mill to better serve the automotive market and continue to meet consumers' need for highest quality products.