Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Chemicals: Specialty stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up 0.2% in a day
- Chemicals: Specialty stocks down 2.8% on average while median return down 1.9% in a week
- Chemicals: Specialty stocks down 11.9% on average while median return down 12.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $DQ 41.4%, $CDXS 8.6%, $BCPC 5.2%, $DSWL 3.7%, $NL 2.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $BAK -25.8%, $ASIX -29.1%, $SES -38.1%, $AMTX -41.8%, $GEVO -42.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $OEC 9.3%, $GPRE 7.4%, $RYAM 5.3%, $DQ 5.2%, $REX 4.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SHI -10.7%, $SES -11.9%, $CDXC -13.0%, $AMRS -15.0%, $AMTX -20.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 36.9%, for the past 3 months is 32.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 54.2%, the lowest correlation is 5.0%, the latest correlation is 5.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 90.6% between AVNT and ESI
The lowest correlation is -31.7% between CMP and DSWL
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Tronox (TROX) have what it takes? Let's find out.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
(Bloomberg) -- Compass Minerals International Inc. is exploring a sale of the UK’s biggest de-icing salt operations, according to people familiar with the matter, the latest in a flurry of mining deals.Most Read from BloombergUS Will Face High Gas Prices ‘as Long as It Takes,’ Biden SaysCrypto Meltdown Claims Rolex and Patek Philippe as VictimsThe Wheels Have Come Off Electric VehiclesHow Europe Became the Epicenter for This Summer’s Travel ChaosStock Doomsayers Vindicated in Historic First Half
For many, the main point of investing is to generate higher returns than the overall market. But the main game is to...
In the latest trading session, Air Products and Chemicals (APD) closed at $240.48, marking a -1.09% move from the previous day.
Linde (LIN) closed the most recent trading day at $287.53, moving -1.33% from the previous trading session.
HOUSTON, June 30, 2022--Orion Engineered Carbons S.A. (NYSE: OEC), a specialty chemical company, today announced that its board of directors has declared an interim dividend to be paid in the fourth quarter of 2022 of $0.0207 per common share of the company, which is equivalent to the aggregate amount of approximately $1.25 million based on the number of common shares currently outstanding.
By Karen S. Carter, Chief Human Resources Officer and Chief Inclusion Officer
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.