Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Coal stocks down 0.6% on average while median return down 0.4% in a day
- Coal stocks down 3.5% on average while median return down 5.7% in a week
- Coal stocks up 18.4% on average while median return up 15.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $AREC 70.6%, $BTU 61.0%, $HNRG 31.2%, $HCC 22.3%, $SXC 21.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $NC -19.0%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $AREC 26.4%, $TECK 4.0%, $ARCH 0.6%, $HCC 0.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $NC -7.3%, $HNRG -7.7%, $ARLP -8.1%, $NRP -10.2%, $BTU -19.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 26.2%, for the past 3 months is 29.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 56.9%, the lowest correlation is 4.7%, the latest correlation is 43.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 71.5% between ARCH and TECK
The lowest correlation is -30.9% between CTRA and HNRG
Former Attorney General of Louisiana, Charles C. Foti, Jr., Esq., a partner at the law firm of Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC ("KSF"), announces that KSF has commenced an investigation into Peabody Energy Corp. (NYSE: BTU).
Peabody (NYSE: BTU) today announced that as of 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on January 15, 2021 (the "Extended Early Tender Date"), at least $397.5 million in aggregate principal amount of its outstanding 6.000% Senior Secured Notes due 2022 (the "Existing Notes"), representing approximately 86.6% of the total outstanding principal amount of Existing Notes, had been validly tendered and not validly withdrawn in connection with Peabody's previously announced offer to exchange (the "Exchange Off...
If you want to know who really controls SunCoke Energy, Inc. ( NYSE:SXC ), then you'll have to look at the makeup of...
Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") assigned Caa1 ratings to proposed senior secured notes to Peabody Energy Corporation ("Peabody") and assigned B3 to senior secured term loan and senior secured notes co-issued by PIC AU Holdings Corporation and PIC AU Holdings LLC, an Australian subsidiary of Peabody Energy Corporation. Moody's also confirmed Peabody's Caa1 Corporate Family Rating ("CFR"), confirmed the Caa1 senior secured ratings for the company's bank debt and Senior Secured Notes due 202...
Investors need to pay close attention to Peabody Energy (BTU) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
The EIA estimates that total U.S. coal production decreased by 24% in 2020, but that it will increase by 12% in 2021 and rise again in 2022.
(Bloomberg) -- Activist investor David Einhorn has reduced his stake in Consol Energy Inc. after the coal miner slumped 50% last year.Einhorn’s hedge fund Greenlight Capital and other entities connected to him disclosed a 10% stake in Consol, according to a filing. That’s down from an earlier 11.8% stake.Consol shares gained 12% to $9.12 at 12:29 p.m. in New York, the highest since June.Einhorn has held a stake in Consol since at least 2014 and has repeatedly touted its long-term value. While U....
Energy stocks had a rough year in 2020. Oil prices went negative for a brief moment and demand is down because people are traveling less during the pandemic. To make matters worse, the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy continues in the electricity sector, leaving coal in the dust.
Every investor in NACCO Industries, Inc. ( NYSE:NC ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups...
Peabody (NYSE: BTU) today announced that as of 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on January 8, 2021 (the "Original Early Tender Date"), at least $391.2 million in aggregate principal amount of its outstanding 6.000% Senior Secured Notes due 2022 (the "Existing Notes"), representing approximately 85% of the total outstanding principal amount of Existing Notes, had been validly tendered and not validly withdrawn in connection with Peabody's previously announced offer to exchange (the "Exchange Offer...