Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- The momentum of the sector is very strong.
- Coal stocks up 4.7% on average while median return up 4.8% in a day
- Coal stocks up 5.3% on average while median return up 5.1% in a week
- Coal stocks up 25.9% on average while median return up 28.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $HNRG 67.7%, $METC 53.3%, $CEIX 47.4%, $NRP 34.1%, $BTU 33.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $BTU 17.8%, $METC 11.0%, $AREC 10.0%, $TECK 8.3%, $ARLP 6.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $HCC -0.2%, $HNRG -2.3%, $NC -8.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 30.3%, for the past 3 months is 33.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 59.9%, the lowest correlation is 1.4%, the latest correlation is 10.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 76.0% between BTU and CEIX
The lowest correlation is -32.5% between BTU and NC
BROOKWOOD, Ala., October 18, 2021--Warrior Met Coal, Inc. ("Warrior" or NYSE: HCC) today announced that it will hold its third quarter 2021 investor conference call at 4:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 2, 2021. Warrior Met Coal will release its results following the close of market trading that afternoon.
Midway through trading Monday, the Dow traded down 0.05% to 35,275.96 while the NASDAQ rose 0.34% to 14,948.46. The S&P also rose, gaining 0.19% to 4,479.71. The U.S. has the highest number of coronavirus cases and deaths in the world, reporting a total of 45,792,530 cases with around 744,540 deaths. India confirmed a total of at least 34,081,310 cases and 452,320 deaths, while Brazil reported over 21,644,460 COVID-19 cases with 603,320 deaths. In total, there were at least 241,556,670 cases of
Gainers Valneva SE (NASDAQ: VALN) shares jumped 34.6% to $37.75 after the company reported VLA2001 met both co-primary endpoints in the Phase 3 pivotal trial Cov-Compare. Greenpro Capital Corp. (NASDAQ: GRNQ) rose 23.2% to $1.1008 after jumping around 19% on Friday. Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE: BTU) gained 20.5% to $19.24. Peabody said it sees preliminary Q3 sales of $670 million to $690 million. Aerovate Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVTE) shares climbed 19.8% to $16.93 after declining aroun
Coal stock Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) shot up Monday morning, having jumped as much as 20.6% as of 11:10 a.m. EDT after the market took a liking to the coal producer's preliminary numbers. A deeper dive into the numbers, though, reflects muted year-over-year growth, which means there was more to Peabody Energy stock's rally this morning. The biggest number from Peabody Energy's preliminary results that caught the market's attention is its coal sales, which crossed $900 million during the quart...
(Bloomberg) -- The global energy crisis that’s fueling demand for coal boosted third-quarter results for Peabody Energy Corp., pushing up shares 17%. Most Read from BloombergGoogle’s Biggest Moonshot Is Its Search for a Carbon-Free FutureThe Biggest Public Graveyard in the U.S. Is Becoming a ParkGoogle’s CEO: ‘We’re Losing Time’ in the Climate FightWhy Buying a Second or Even Third Home Is Becoming More Popular Than EverHate-Speech Case Forces Japan to Confront Workplace RacismSales exceeded $90
Peabody Energy Corp. said Monday it expects to report third-quarter revenue of $670 million to $690 million, net of $238 million of unrealized mark-to-market losses from hedges. The FactSet revenue consensus was $876.8 million. Shares of the coal producer shot up 3.7% in premarket trading. The company said it expects after-tax net loss from continuing operations of $55 million to $75 million, while coal sales to customers were more than $900 million to reached the highest level in seven quarters
Peabody (NYSE: BTU) today announced preliminary unaudited financial results for the third quarter 2021. The Company expects to report third quarter revenue of $670 to $690 million, net of $238 million of unrealized mark-to-market losses related to forward pricing hedges; net loss from continuing operations, net of income taxes of $55 to $75 million; net loss attributable to common stockholders of $40 to $60 million; and Adjusted EBITDA1 of $280 to $290 million. Peabody posted $193 million of cas
For many, the main point of investing in the stock market is to achieve spectacular returns. When you find (and hold) a...
Peabody Energy (BTU) made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen and could be a great choice for investors looking for stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices.