Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Coal stocks up 0.8% on average while median return up 0.7% in a day
- Coal stocks down 2.5% on average while median return down 2.3% in a week
- Coal stocks down 14.0% on average while median return down 15.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $HNRG 15.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $NRP -20.6%, $CTRA -25.2%, $TECK -29.7%, $NC -31.9%, $SES -38.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $ARLP 6.5%, $NC 4.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $CEIX -4.1%, $TECK -6.0%, $METC -6.5%, $HCC -7.6%, $SES -11.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 58.5%, for the past 3 months is 50.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 81.3%, the lowest correlation is 27.9%, the latest correlation is 60.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 92.9% between ARCH and HCC
The lowest correlation is -7.1% between CTRA and SES
Increased analyst coverage over the past few weeks may lead to solid price appreciation for stocks like Points.com (PCOM), Nova (NVMI), Standard Motor (SMP), Universal Technical (UTI) and CONSOL Energy (CEIX).
American Acquisition Opportunity Inc ("AMAO") has entered into a merger agreement with Royalty Management Corp. Upon closing of the transaction, the combined company will be named Royalty Management Company and expects to be listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the ticker symbol "RMCO.
Warrior Met Coal (HCC) closed at $32.84 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.45% move from the prior day.
Consol Energy (CEIX) closed the most recent trading day at $54.88, moving +0.02% from the previous trading session.
Teck Resources Ltd (TECK) closed the most recent trading day at $33.22, moving +1.47% from the previous trading session.
Growth investing is one of two main fundamental investment strategies, the other being value investing. Investors employing a growth investing strategy will typically place the majority of their portfolio in growth stocks, which are shares of companies with earnings or sales expected to grow at a significantly faster rate than the rest of the market will. The primary way that investors expect to earn profits from growth investing is through capital gains.
The Russell 1000 Index is a market-capitalization-weighted index of the 1,000 largest publicly traded companies in the U.S. It represents approximately 92% of the total market capitalization (market cap) of all listed stocks in the U.S. equity market. The Russell 1000 provided a total return of -9.4% over the past 12 months. Value investing is a factor-based investing strategy that involves picking stocks that you believe are trading for less than what they are intrinsically worth, usually by ...
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, June 28, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Teck Resources Limited (TSX: TECK.A and TECK.B, NYSE: TECK) (“Teck”) will release its second quarter 2022 earnings results before market open on Wednesday, July 27, 2022. A webcast to review the results will be held as follows: Date:Time:Listen-Only Webcast:Dial In for Investor & Analyst Q&A:Wednesday, July 27, 20228:00 a.m. PT / 11:00 a.m. ETteck.com416.340.2217 or 1.800.806.5484Quote 3178356, if requested An archive of the webcast
The company’s Granite City, Ill., plant would supply the metal to a new mill in Arkansas; pig iron is in shorter supply since the Ukraine invasion.
These are the natural gas stocks with the best value, fastest growth, and most momentum for Q3 2022.