Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Communications stocks down 0.6% on average while median return down 0.2% in a day
- Communications stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up 0.2% in a week
- Communications stocks up 3.3% on average while median return up 0.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $RNET 41.4%, $IRDM 36.7%, $MARK 34.4%, $ATEX 32.1%, $HGBL 26.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $ALSK -8.9%, $OOMA -10.6%, $GTT -12.3%, $TEO -19.2%, $OBLG -37.0%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $RNET 14.6%, $IDT 11.8%, $LORL 11.3%, $VEON 11.2%, $KLR 10.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SKM -4.1%, $SHEN -4.2%, $ORAN -5.3%, $TMUS -5.8%, $OBLG -9.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 6.7%, for the past 3 months is 8.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 13.4%, the lowest correlation is -0.0%, the latest correlation is 3.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 80.6% between CHA and CHU
The lowest correlation is -63.3% between ATEX and GTT