Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Construction stocks up 2.6% on average while median return up 1.5% in a day
- Construction stocks up 0.2% on average while median return up 0.1% in a week
- Construction stocks down 9.5% on average while median return down 9.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $NX 15.4%, $EVH 9.0%, $PWR 5.3%, $IEA 4.2%, $DY 1.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $AMRC -21.3%, $HCDI -21.8%, $BZH -22.7%, $TTSH -29.2%, $STRS -29.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $LGIH 7.6%, $MDC 7.6%, $MHO 6.6%, $CCS 6.3%, $TMHC 5.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $WSC -4.6%, $APG -4.8%, $PRIM -7.1%, $HCDI -7.9%, $IEA -10.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 49.9%, for the past 3 months is 41.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 64.9%, the lowest correlation is 9.3%, the latest correlation is 48.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 97.6% between BZH and GRBK
The lowest correlation is -38.4% between CHCI and FIX
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Some Ameresco, Inc. ( NYSE:AMRC ) shareholders are probably rather concerned to see the share price fall 43% over the...
United Rentals, Arcosa, Janus International Group, and Quanex Building Products are part of Zacks Industry Outlook article.
WATSONVILLE, Calif., June 30, 2022--On June 14th, Granite (NYSE:GVA), was announced as a winner of Handshake’s Early Talent Awards (ETA). This annual award program recognizes employers for best-in-class talent engagement and celebrates the top workplaces that attract Gen Z. This is Granite’s second ETA recognition in as many years.
The big shareholder groups in Sterling Infrastructure, Inc. ( NASDAQ:STRL ) have power over the company. Institutions...
Although supply-chain issues and rising input prices are concerns for the Zacks Building Products - Miscellaneous industry, focus on operational efficiencies and higher govt spending raise hopes for URI, ACA, JBI and NX.
The big shareholder groups in Tutor Perini Corporation ( NYSE:TPC ) have power over the company. Institutions often own...
In contrast to the slight dip of the S&P 500 index on Wednesday, Evolent Health (NYSE: EVH) stock edged higher. Wednesday morning, Evolent Health announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase IPG for a base price of $375 million from its owner TPG Growth, a unit of alternative asset company TPG. Evolent Health said it expects to fund $250 million of the upfront price in cash, with the remainder to be paid in newly issued stock.
Cornerstone Building (CNR) sells the coil coatings unit to reshape its portfolio.