Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Construction Materials stocks up 0.4% on average while median return up 0.7% in a day
- Construction Materials stocks up 4.6% on average while median return up 5.0% in a week
- Construction Materials stocks up 0.9% on average while median return up 1.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $SND 16.7%, $MLM 9.1%, $SUM 9.0%, $CPAC 7.7%, $SMID 7.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $LOMA -1.5%, $JHX -5.0%, $CRH -5.2%, $AZEK -6.7%, $USLM -8.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $SMID 13.0%, $CX 7.7%, $EXP 7.3%, $SUM 7.2%, $MLM 6.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SND -0.8%, $AZEK -1.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 27.8%, for the past 3 months is 29.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 39.0%, the lowest correlation is 12.1%, the latest correlation is 13.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 93.0% between MLM and VMC
The lowest correlation is -40.2% between CPAC and SUM
At 83 years old, Lois Steiner is not slowing down. She spends 11 hours every day volunteering at Divine Providence Ministry in Ocala, Florida, where she helps with donations, pickups, and serving t...
As we already know from media reports and hedge fund investor letters, hedge funds delivered their best returns in a decade. Most investors who decided to stick with hedge funds after a rough 2018 recouped their losses by the end of the fourth quarter of 2019. A significant number of hedge funds continued their strong […]
DALLAS, October 12, 2021--Eagle Materials Inc. (NYSE: EXP) will release financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2022 ended September 30, 2021, on Thursday, October 28, 2021, before the open of the NYSE and will host an investor conference call the same day, Thursday, October 28, 2021, at 8:30 am Eastern Time (7:30 am Central Time).
How do you pick the next stock to invest in? One way would be to spend days of research browsing through thousands of publicly traded companies. However, an easier way is to look at the stocks that smart money investors are collectively bullish on. Hedge funds and other institutional investors usually invest large amounts of […]
If we want to find a potential multi-bagger, often there are underlying trends that can provide clues. Typically, we'll...
We know that hedge funds generate strong, risk-adjusted returns over the long run, therefore imitating the picks that they are collectively bullish on can be a profitable strategy for retail investors. With billions of dollars in assets, smart money investors have to conduct complex analyses, spend many resources and use tools that are not always […]
The latest 13F reporting period has come and gone, and Insider Monkey is again at the forefront when it comes to making use of this gold mine of data. We at Insider Monkey have plowed through 873 13F filings that hedge funds and well-known value investors are required to file by the SEC. The 13F […]
RALEIGH, N.C., Oct. 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. (NYSE:MLM) (“Martin Marietta” or the “Company”) will host its third-quarter 2021 earnings conference call on Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. The Company will release results for the quarter ended September 30, 2021, that morning before the market opens. A live, listen-only webcast and supplemental information will be accessible on the Investors section of the Company’s website at www.martinmari
What trends should we look for it we want to identify stocks that can multiply in value over the long term? One common...
If you want to know who really controls Loma Negra Compañía Industrial Argentina Sociedad Anónima ( NYSE:LOMA ), then...