Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Construction Materials stocks down 0.7% on average while median return down 0.9% in a day
- Construction Materials stocks up 3.1% on average while median return up 2.4% in a week
- Construction Materials stocks down 5.4% on average while median return down 5.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CRH 7.3%, $SND 3.0%, $CX 1.6%, $EXP 0.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $USLM -8.0%, $MLM -8.7%, $SUM -9.2%, $VMC -9.3%, $SMID -12.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $SMID 12.9%, $LOMA 6.9%, $EXP 5.2%, $CRH 4.3%, $CX 3.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $SND -3.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 45.9%, for the past 3 months is 37.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 72.6%, the lowest correlation is 6.9%, the latest correlation is 47.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 96.3% between MLM and VMC
The lowest correlation is -31.0% between AZEK and CPAC
Vulcan Materials Company (NYSE: VMC), the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates, today issued the following statement:
March 21, 2023 / CRH plc (the "Company") Re: Notice of 2023 Annual General Meeting and Form of Proxy
U.S. construction materials firm Vulcan Materials Co said on Monday that Mexican security forces illegally took possession last week of its port terminal in southern Mexico, as an extended legal battle over its nearby limestone mining activities plays out. The incident took place last Tuesday night at the terminal in the popular tourist hub of Playa del Carmen, and follows a five-year fight with the government over Vulcan's concessions punctuated by sharp criticism from the country's president ...
MONTERREY, Mexico, March 20, 2023--Cemex has an existing contractual relationship with Calica, a Mexican subsidiary of Vulcan Materials, for the use of a marine terminal located in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo. This private agreement between both companies began more than 20 years ago, and since then, Cemex has continuously used the terminal to transport cement products.
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) -U.S. construction materials firm Vulcan Materials Co said on Monday that Mexican security forces illegally took possession last week of its port terminal in southern Mexico, as an extended legal battle over its nearby limestone mining activities plays out. The incident took place last Tuesday night at the terminal in the popular tourist hub of Playa del Carmen, and follows a five-year fight with the government over Vulcan's concessions punctuated by sharp criticism from t...
CRH plc (LSE:CRH)(ISE:CRG)(NYSE:CRH), the global leader in building materials solutions, is pleased to announce the appointment to the Board of Ms. Christina Verchere as a non-executive Director, with effect from 20 March 2023.
Owens Corning (OC) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Martin Marietta (MLM) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
While the stock market is rebounding today, we are still seeing fallout stemming from recent bank failures as investors game out potential implications. As developments with Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank progressed, we've seen our shares of United Rentals drop in the last several days. Granted some of the recent severe winter weather may impact construction activity in the current quarter, which could impact United's revenue in the current quarter.
HDELY vs. MLM: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?