Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Department Stores stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up 1.4% in a day
- Department Stores stocks down 2.2% on average while median return down -0.2% in a week
- Department Stores stocks down 9.2% on average while median return down 10.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $M -11.6%, $OLLI -16.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $KSS 5.4%, $DDS 3.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $M -3.0%, $OLLI -13.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 60.2%, for the past 3 months is 43.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 92.8%, the lowest correlation is 20.2%, the latest correlation is 71.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 90.1% between KSS and M
The lowest correlation is 26.1% between DDS and OLLI
Kohl's (NYSE: KSS) stock jumped 8% on May 24 after it posted its latest earnings report. Kohl's growth rates seem anemic, but they cleared Wall Street's low bar and indicated it wasn't doomed to become the next Bed Bath & Beyond. What happened to Kohl's?
OLLI vs. RH: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Key Insights Using the 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity, Macy's fair value estimate is US$25.72 Macy's is estimated to...
PVH Q1 results are expected to reflect gains from momentum in core brands, pricing actions and strong consumer engagement, offset by rising inflation and the impacts of the Ukraine war.
Nordstrom's (JWN) Q1 results are likely to reflect impacts of decelerating demand trends due to reduced consumer spending amid lower income groups, as well as closure of the Canada business.
Macy's (M) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
The board of Dillard's, Inc. ( NYSE:DDS ) has announced that it will pay a dividend on the 31st of July, with investors...
Q1 2023 Kohls Corp Earnings Call
Abercrombie & Fitch hit many of the right notes in the first quarter, to the surprise of investors.
The Yahoo Finance Live team discusses the rise of Kohl's stock on Q1 profits amid the reduction of excess inventory, the rise of Abercrombie & Fitch stock after the retailer topped Q1 estimates, consumer spending trends, and the decline of Intuit stock amid tax season revenue misses.