Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Department Stores stocks down 1.1% on average while median return down 1.6% in a day
- Department Stores stocks up 2.2% on average while median return up 1.9% in a week
- Department Stores stocks up 19.0% on average while median return up 16.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $KSS 25.5%, $OLLI 16.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $DDS 3.4%, $KSS 2.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 64.8%, for the past 3 months is 56.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 92.0%, the lowest correlation is -3.4%, the latest correlation is 67.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 79.4% between KSS and M
The lowest correlation is 41.4% between DDS and OLLI
The retailer said the layoffs primarily affected employees on its marketing and merchandising teams.
Interim chief executive officer Thomas Kingsbury has served as the Menomonee Falls-based retailer’s interim leader since early December.
Kohl’s Corporation (NYSE: KSS) has reportedly been engaged in advanced talks to appoint Tom Kingsbury as its permanent Chief Executive Officer, the New York Times reported. Michelle Gass, the former CEO, joined Levi Strauss & Co (NYSE: LEVI), in 2022. Following Gass’ departure, Kohl’s appointed Kingsbury as the interim CEO. Kingsbury has been on Kohl’s board since 2021. “We do not comment on rumors or speculation,” the report cited spokesperson Jen Johnson. The department store company faced the
Kingsbury was named interim CEO in December, after Michelle Gass left Kohl's to become the top boss at Levi Strauss & Co. The appointment will come as the department store chain is struggling with declining sales and greater pressure from activist investors. In November, Kohl's withdrew its 2022 sales and profit forecasts, blaming an uncertain economic outlook and the departure of Gass.
NEW YORK, January 25, 2023--Macy’s announces the launch of Shash Diné Hotel Collection®, a limited-edition array of home pieces created for Macy’s and curated by Baya Meehan, founder and CEO of Shash Diné EcoRetreat, a "glamping" hotel in Arizona. The Shash Diné for Hotel Collection features quilts, comforters, blankets, kimonos, robes, towels and throws. These Navajo-inspired radiant products allow customers to own their style and bring a piece of the Southwest into their homes. Prices range fr
Dillard's (DDS) closed at $368.51 in the latest trading session, marking a -1.68% move from the prior day.
In the latest trading session, Macy's (M) closed at $23.13, marking a -1.15% move from the previous day.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark., January 20, 2023--Dillard’s, Inc. (DDS: NYSE, "Dillard’s") announced today that it will make a significant contribution of more than $289,000 to local Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Chapters. This donation was made possible through the sale of Dillard’s exclusive Southern Living Christmas Cookbook.
The retail chain is one of the most recognizable names in the country, but it's been closing stores for years as it tries to catch up with consumer trends.
Without a doubt, inflation is decelerating in America, as the country’s Consumer Price Index actually declined 0.1% in December compared with November. If inflation continues to sink, several sectors whose performances are heavily influenced by consumers’ spending power and/or interest rate levels should outperform going forward. In this column, I will identify a number of those sectors and recommend seven stocks to buy within those spaces. Of course, the demand for housing is heavily dependent