Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Department Stores stocks down 5.3% on average while median return down 4.8% in a day
- Department Stores stocks down 7.2% on average while median return down 7.2% in a week
- Department Stores stocks down 7.3% on average while median return down 4.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $KSS -7.7%, $OLLI -11.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $DDS -7.3%, $OLLI -8.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 37.6%, for the past 3 months is 46.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 87.3%, the lowest correlation is -6.0%, the latest correlation is 63.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 88.8% between KSS and M
The lowest correlation is -5.5% between DDS and OLLI
Target's same-day delivery business gets high praise from Goldman Sachs. Here's why.
The Dow Jones sold off as inflation worries intensify. The bears mauled tech stocks such as Microsoft and Apple. A senior Fed official spoke on inflation.
Macy's (M) first-quarter numbers are likely to reflect gains from strong omni-channel operations as well as efforts undertaken as part of the Polaris Strategy.
Kohl’s Corporation (NYSE:KSS) today held its annual shareholders meeting. Following are the preliminary results for the four proposals voted upon by shareholders:
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Boot Barn Holdings, Macy's, Kohl's Corp, Foot Locker and Abercrombie & Fitch
Ollie's Bargain Outlet Celebrates 400th Store Milestone with Vermont store grand opening.
Brick-and-mortar retailers have struggled throughout the pandemic, but Ollie's Bargain Outlet (NASDAQ: OLLI) has bucked the trend. Ollie's put up amazing numbers across the board last year, which would have been impressive even in a normal year. On a Fool Live episode recorded on April 28, Fool contributors Brian Feroldi, Brian Stoffel, and Brian Withers discuss the company's stellar results and whether it will dip its toe into e-commerce.
Macy's proposal includes improved transit access to the famed Herald Square location, known as the stage for the annual Thanksgiving parade.
Macy's is eager to elevate the Herald Square ambience and encourage greater traffic to its flagship.
The financial regulations require hedge funds and wealthy investors that exceeded the $100 million holdings threshold to file a report that shows their positions at the end of every quarter. Even though it isn’t the intention, these filings to a certain extent level the playing field for ordinary investors. The latest round of 13F filings […]