Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Department Stores stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up 0.4% in a day
- Department Stores stocks up 6.8% on average while median return up 5.9% in a week
- Department Stores stocks up 6.7% on average while median return up 4.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $M 16.1%, $DDS 5.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $KSS -11.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $M 13.7%, $DDS 9.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 58.1%, for the past 3 months is 45.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 94.8%, the lowest correlation is 14.0%, the latest correlation is 74.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 75.7% between DDS and KSS
The lowest correlation is 30.2% between M and OLLI
Shares of Macy's (NYSE: M) were climbing higher this week after investors responded positively to news that Saks Fifth Avenue's e-commerce unit was seeking to go public early next year at a valuation of $6 billion, making Macy's business look more valuable by comparison. The news came after activist investor Jana Partners had urged Macy's in a letter last week to make a similar move, splitting its digital business from its brick-and-mortar stores. Macy's shares surged on Monday after the news ...
JBL, M, ACI, and SONO made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) growth stocks list on October 21, 2021.
Whether you're a value, growth, or momentum investor, finding strong stocks becomes easier with the Zacks Style Scores, a top feature of the Zacks Premium research service.
Macy's Inc.'s e-commerce platform could have an enterprise value of $11.5 billion, according to estimates from Cowen analysts. Macy's is facing a showdown with activist investors Jana Partners LLC, according to The Wall Street Journal, who are encouraging the department store retailer to separate its e-commerce from its bricks-and-mortar business. Cowen analysts say that, with an $11.5 billion enterprise value, Macy's e-commerce unit could be worth as much as $40 per share. Macy's stock will ope
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Macy's, Hibbett, Best Buy, Target and Costco
In the latest trading session, Macy's (M) closed at $26.35, marking a -0.64% move from the previous day.
The model of selling third-party brands in malls and online is likely to be challenged for years to come, CitiGroup analyst Paul Lejuez says.
NEW YORK, October 20, 2021--This holiday season, Macy’s (NYSE:M) helps make finding the perfect gift for everyone on your list easier than ever. Check off your list in record speed with Macy’s new gift finder. This handy tool helps shoppers discover the ideal gift based on the giftee and their interests, simply choose from the expertly curated pool of endless holiday inspiration to become this holiday’s gift-giving MVP. From stocking stuffers, top Toys "R" Us games and toys for the kiddos, secre
For now, Americans continue to fill their shopping carts. Retailers such as Macy's (M), Hibbett (HIBB), Best Buy (BBY), Tapestry (TPR), Home Depot (HD), Target (TGT) and Costco (COST) look well poised to tap opportunities.