Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Department Stores stocks up 1.4% on average while median return up 1.3% in a day
- Department Stores stocks up 1.5% on average while median return up 1.3% in a week
- Department Stores stocks down 0.6% on average while median return down 3.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $OLLI 10.7%, $DDS 1.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $KSS -7.8%, $M -10.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $KSS 2.5%, $M 2.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 60.4%, for the past 3 months is 44.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 87.9%, the lowest correlation is -14.8%, the latest correlation is 60.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 95.3% between KSS and M
The lowest correlation is 31.3% between DDS and OLLI
Is (M) Outperforming Other Retail-Wholesale Stocks This Year?
A company that is capable of generating earnings well above its interest expense can withstand financial hardship. Companies such as Dillard's (DDS), Target (TGT), Herc (HRI) and Echo Global (ECHO) are sound enough to meet financial obligations.
The external fund manager backed by Berkshire Hathaway's Charlie Munger, Li Lu, makes no bones about it when he says...
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: American Axle & Manufacturing, Conn's, Dillards, Zoom and KornFerry
As of late, it has definitely been a great time to be an investor in Dillard's, Inc. (DDS).