Aggregated price index with volume information
- Direct Property and Casualty Insurance Carriers stocks down 0.8% on average while median return down 0.9% in a day
- Direct Property and Casualty Insurance Carriers stocks down 1.4% on average while median return down 2.2% in a week
- Direct Property and Casualty Insurance Carriers stocks down 0.4% on average while median return down -0.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $HRTG 22.7%, $UVE 7.1%, $PRA 6.7%, $IGIC 6.4%, $JRVR 5.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $FAF -7.7%, $KFS -13.6%, $LMND -16.3%, $KINS -16.3%, $ROOT -18.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $HRTG 29.3%, $HCI 7.5%, $UVE 4.7%, $GBLI 1.8%, $ERIE 1.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $DGICA -4.7%, $MBI -4.8%, $IGIC -4.9%, $KFS -5.9%, $ROOT -6.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 26.2%, for the past 3 months is 16.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 46.4%, the lowest correlation is 2.6%, the latest correlation is 19.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 82.8% between AMBC and MBI
The lowest correlation is -36.8% between CNA and GBLI
American Financial (AFG) stands to gain from business opportunities, growth in the surplus lines and excess liability businesses, higher average renewal pricing and effective capital deployment.
The Zacks Style Scores offers investors a way to easily find top-rated stocks based on their investing style. Here's why you should take advantage.
MARIETTA, Pa., Sept. 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Donegal Group Inc. (NASDAQ:DGICA) and (NASDAQ:DGICB) announced today that it plans to release its results for third quarter ended September 30, 2023 on Thursday, October 26, 2023, before the opening of regular trading on the NASDAQ Stock Market. The Company will provide a supplemental investor presentation in the Investors section of its website at investors.donegalgroup.com, concurrently with its earnings press release. At approximately 8:30 am
CNA Financial (CNA) is poised to grow on the back of new businesses, improved non-catastrophe current accident year underwriting results, higher net earned premium and effective capital deployment.
CME Group (CME) is set to address the need for a hedging instrument in the battery space with the launch of Cobalt Hydroxide futures.
Kinsale Capital Group, Inc. (KNSL) possesses solid growth attributes, which could help it handily outperform the market.
Niche focus on low-to-medium hazard risk small businesses, prudent pricing, investment in technology and solid capital position poise Employers Holdings (EIG) for growth.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
On September 8, 2023, Anastasios Omiridis, the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of AMERISAFE Inc (NASDAQ:AMSF), sold 3,325 shares of the company.
Good things could be on the horizon when a stock experiences a golden cross event. How should investors react?