Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Discount Stores stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up -0.1% in a day
- Discount Stores stocks up 0.8% on average while median return up -1.9% in a week
- Discount Stores stocks up 11.3% on average while median return up 10.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $MNSO 30.8%, $FIVE 16.8%, $BIG 14.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $DG -0.8%, $DLTR -1.8%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $BIG 12.7%, $MNSO 4.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $FIVE -2.3%, $DLTR -3.9%, $DG -4.3%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 33.9%, for the past 3 months is 23.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 75.6%, the lowest correlation is -16.4%, the latest correlation is -16.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 76.4% between DG and DLTR
The lowest correlation is -0.4% between FIVE and MNSO
Some companies are seeing such a benefit in getting their workforces vaccinated that they are willing to pay.
Five Below (FIVE) looks good on strategic endeavors including digital and store- growth initiatives. Its curbside pickup and same-day delivery service are also encouraging.
Grocery retailer Aldi said on Tuesday it would give U.S. employees up to four hours of pay if they get a COVID-19 vaccination, nearly a week after retailer Dollar General provided a similar incentive. The German supermarket chain, which has more than 2,000 stores in 37 U.S. states, said it would cover costs associated with vaccine administration and implement on-site vaccination clinics at its warehouse and office locations. Dollar General Corp said last week it would offer frontline employees...
Branded variety retailer MINISO (NYSE: MNSO) has opened the doors to its first physical store in Portugal, as well as an online store in Portuguese, on January 7. The simultaneous opening of both stores reflects the company's strategy to develop both online and offline channels to serve its customers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The renowned investor argues that stocks are too high, the Fed’s promise of low interest rates is just a nice story, and Wall Street is always upbeat. He’s got a point, but then so do most other analysts who see the pandemic ending and the recovery beginning.
The big shareholder groups in MINISO Group Holding Limited ( NYSE:MNSO ) have power over the company. Large companies...
Top Ranked Momentum Stocks to Buy for January 15th
Grocery delivery company Instacart said on Thursday it would pay $25 to its over half-a-million gig workers if they chose to take time off to get vaccinated against COVID-19. The company, which has been lobbying government agencies for its delivery workers to get early access to vaccines, said eligible part-time employees such as in-store shoppers will also be offered the stipend starting February 1. Gig workers are independent contractors who perform on-demand services, including delivering gro...
Big Lots (BIG) fourth-quarter fiscal 2020 quarter-to-date results reflect double-digit comps rise. However rising operating expenses are a concern.