Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Discount Stores stocks down 3.3% on average while median return down 3.8% in a day
- Discount Stores stocks down 6.3% on average while median return down 5.8% in a week
- Discount Stores stocks down 5.6% on average while median return down 5.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $DLTR -6.4%, $FIVE -11.1%, $MNSO -16.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $BIG -7.3%, $FIVE -9.5%, $MNSO -9.6%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 31.8%, for the past 3 months is 29.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 50.1%, the lowest correlation is -6.1%, the latest correlation is 33.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 69.8% between DG and DLTR
The lowest correlation is -2.3% between DLTR and MNSO
Big Lots (BIG) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
L Brands (LB) board approves plans to operate Bath & Body Works and Victoria's Secret as two independent public companies. Further, the company provided its preliminary first-quarter fiscal 2021 numbers.
Three such companies that were negatively impacted were Texas Roadhouse (NASDAQ: TXRH), Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE), and Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT). Texas Roadhouse and Planet Fitness have already reported earnings for the first quarter of 2021 that showed sharp recoveries to their businesses. Casual-dining restaurant company Texas Roadhouse generated all-time high sales for the first quarter, which is a remarkable recovery when considering how difficult 2020 was.
RBC Capital Markets analyst Scot Ciccarelli lowered his rating on the retailer to Sector Perform from Outperform, but he lifted his price target by $1 to $207.
Leading into the 2021 Memorial Day holiday, Big Lots, Inc. (NYSE: BIG) will be partnering for the second year in a row with the National Veterans Memorial and Museum (NVMM) in Columbus, Ohio, to support and impact the lives of Veterans and their families. As part of its ongoing corporate partnership, Big Lots will host an in-store and online fundraising drive from May 15 – 31, where customers nationwide will have the opportunity to donate to the organization at checkout. All proceeds will direct...
Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) and Dollar General (NYSE: DG) have both done a phenomenal job of drawing customers to buy their goods. Costco has a well-earned reputation for providing just about any goods or services that you want. Typically, the company provides high-quality offerings, and it has a generous return policy.
MINISO Group Holding Limited (NYSE: MNSO) ("MINISO" or the "Company"), a fast-growing global value retailer offering a variety of design-led lifestyle products, today announced that it plans to release its March quarter 2021 financial results before the U.S. market opens on Wednesday, May 19, 2021.
Last year we predicted the arrival of the first US recession since 2009 and we told in advance that the market will decline by at least 20% in (Recession is Imminent: We Need A Travel Ban NOW). In these volatile markets we scrutinize hedge fund filings to get a reading on which direction each stock […]