Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Discount Stores stocks down 2.1% on average while median return down 1.7% in a day
- Discount Stores stocks down 5.7% on average while median return down 3.4% in a week
- Discount Stores stocks down 10.4% on average while median return down 5.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $MNSO 12.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $DLTR -5.3%, $DG -8.9%, $BIG -33.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $PSMT 0.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $DG -5.5%, $MNSO -5.9%, $BIG -20.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 34.4%, for the past 3 months is 34.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 78.6%, the lowest correlation is -0.1%, the latest correlation is 34.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 50.8% between FIVE and PSMT
The lowest correlation is 5.4% between DG and PSMT
MINISO Group Holding Limited Unsponsored ADR (MNSO) could be a solid choice for shorter-term investors looking to capitalize on the recent price trend in fundamentally sound stocks. It is one of the many stocks that passed through our shorter-term trading strategy-based screen.
When spring arrives, it often does so first with a sigh of relief after cold weather, and then a groan of realization that it might be time to refresh, replenish or update things in your home and...
It's a store filled with bargains, but some Dollar Tree items are better deals than others. Since it's easy to get caught up in all of the savings opportunities, it's important to walk into the store...
Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE) has been of the few winners in the retailing industry through the latest market downturn. Walmart and Target stocks have declined in that time. Instead of flat comparable-store sales trends, as management had initially forecast back in late October, comps rose 2%.
The Federal Reserve has become used to difficult interest-rate calls but the recent banking turmoil has made Wednesday’s decision one of the toughest yet. Just a couple of weeks ago, Fed officials were gearing up for another data-driven rate hike. Then Silicon Valley Bank collapsed.
Wasatch Global Investors, an asset management company, released its “Wasatch Small Cap Core Growth Strategy” fourth-quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the fourth quarter, the strategy outperformed its benchmark index, the Russell 2000 Growth which gained 4.13%. The Russell 2000 Index rose 6.23% in the same period. The […]
In late February, Walmart announced that sales rose 8% in the core U.S. market, in part thanks to market share gains in the grocery department. Likewise, Dollar General executives credited increased market share when it revealed 6% comparable-store sales growth in its fiscal Q4.
A Barron's analysis finds that four states fined the retailer a total of more than $1 million for price inaccuracies in 2021 and 2022.
Dollar General Chief Executive Jeff Owen just acknowledged what people blessed with common sense intuitively understand: Understaffed stores lead to bad customer service and lost sales. Most of the $100 million investment, Owen said, will go to increasing hours for employees so they can meet "our expectations regarding consistent store standards." Which, of course, means shopping at Dollar General is like playing craps: You might get a decent store or you might roll snake eyes.
In this podcast, Motley Fool analysts Deidre Woollard and Asit Sharma discuss: Adobe's quarter, and its issues acquiring Figma. Tech companies rushing to launch generative AI. Five Below converting some of its stores to Five Beyond.