Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Discount Stores stocks up 0.1% on average while median return up 0.4% in a day
- Discount Stores stocks down 5.6% on average while median return down 5.1% in a week
- Discount Stores stocks up 2.2% on average while median return up -4.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $MNSO 53.4%, $DG 12.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $PSMT -5.9%, $BIG -9.8%, $FIVE -11.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $PSMT 1.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $MNSO -9.6%, $FIVE -11.9%, $BIG -11.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 36.9%, for the past 3 months is 40.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 74.0%, the lowest correlation is 0.8%, the latest correlation is 0.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 81.2% between BIG and FIVE
The lowest correlation is -9.8% between DG and MNSO
The Kroger, Dollar Tree, Boot Barn Holdings and Ulta Beauty are part of The Zacks top Analyst blog.
Is a recession coming? Ark Invest CEO Cathie Wood thinks that one has already arrived. Economists surveyed by The Wall Street Journal put the odds of a recession over the next 12 months at 44%. Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell recently said that a recession is "a possibility," although the Fed is trying to avoid causing one with its interest rate hikes.
Walmart (WMT) to acquire an augmented reality optical tech company, Memomi. Management expects to conclude the acquisition in the coming weeks.
While challenges persist, retailers are still pinning hopes on the back-to-school season. In-store shopping is anticipated to increase 8.2%.
If you're not feeling great about your S&P 500 portfolio over the past six months, join the club. But some lucky investors still found ways to make money.
Telsey Advisory Group analyst Joseph Feldman was a little surprised to see several executives changes all at once at Dollar Tree Inc (NASDAQ: DLTR). The analyst described the changes as a bold move that should help the company recruit new leaders to fill key roles without the need for secrecy and potential ill-will. The discount variety store chain announced CFO Kevin Wample will step down after the appointment of a successor. The company's Chief Legal Officer, COO, CIO, and Chief Strategy offic
Wendy's (WEN) focus on Breakfast daypart offerings bodes well. However, a rise in commodity and labor costs is a concern.
The S&P 500 index, which tracks the performance of some of the largest companies, is down about 20% year to date, but many growth stocks have crashed harder in this bear market. Three growth stocks, RH (NYSE: RH), Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU), and Dollar General (NYSE: DG), still offer above-average growth prospects and could outperform the market over the next decade. RH (previously called Restoration Hardware) is known as a high-end furniture brand, but under the leadership of CEO Gary Friedman, the ...
Consumer confidence sinks for the second straight month in June. But these retailers - Boot Barn Holdings (BOOT), Ulta Beauty (ULTA), Dollar Tree (DLTR) and Kroger (KR) - could still be a great addition to your portfolio.