Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Discount Stores stocks down 1.3% on average while median return down 1.1% in a day
- Discount Stores stocks down 7.6% on average while median return down 8.0% in a week
- Discount Stores stocks down 3.0% on average while median return down 5.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $BIG 2.3%, $PSMT 2.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $DLTR -6.6%, $MNSO -7.5%, $FIVE -8.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $DG -8.9%, $MNSO -9.0%, $BIG -12.6%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 32.6%, for the past 3 months is 19.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 56.8%, the lowest correlation is -5.2%, the latest correlation is 14.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 57.9% between DLTR and FIVE
The lowest correlation is -0.9% between DG and PSMT
JP Morgan Retail Analyst Matt Boss joins Yahoo Finance Live’s Julie Hyman and Brian Sozzi to assess the state of retail, four key trends to watch for, and how COVID-19 could impact department stores throughout the year.
In this article, we discuss 10 new stock picks of Brian Higgins’ King Street Capital. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to 5 New Stock Picks of Brian Higgins’ King Street Capital. Brian Higgins is the co-founder of King Street Capital, having established the hedge fund in 1995. […]
Big Lots (BIG) sees weak traffic and sales trends in January. However, long-term growth targets and Operation North Star strategy appear encouraging.
lululemon (LULU) cuts fourth-quarter fiscal 2021 view on soft trends witnessed in the latter part of the holiday season. It expects revenues and earnings per share at the lower end of the prior view.
Five Below's (FIVE) focus on enhancing merchandise assortment, strengthening digital capabilities and delivering better WOW products bodes well.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJINDICES: ^DJI) closed with a significant loss, but the S&P 500 (SNPINDEX: ^GSPC) and Nasdaq Composite (NASDAQINDEX: ^IXIC) finished closer to unchanged on the day. January is always a key time for the retail sector because the holiday season is one of the biggest revenue generators for companies across the industry. Shares of Abercrombie & Fitch were up nearly 7% in after-hours trading Monday.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co and Big Lots Inc gave investors a first look at the impact COVID-19 was having on their businesses, with both retailers providing disappointing forecasts citing supply chain hurdles and the spread of the Omicron variant. However, apparel retailer Abercrombie said it had seen a pickup in post-holiday sales, sending its shares up 6.7% in extended trading. Big Lots said it has seen a slowdown in traffic and sales trends since early January, driven by the rapid spread of Omi...