Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Education Tech stocks down 0.3% on average while median return down 1.0% in a day
- Education Tech stocks down 4.8% on average while median return down 3.5% in a week
- Education Tech stocks down 4.6% on average while median return down 0.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $DAO 2.5%, $CHGG 2.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $PSO -3.7%, $ASPU -14.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $ASPU 1.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $PSO -5.9%, $DAO -9.3%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 21.2%, for the past 3 months is 14.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 62.2%, the lowest correlation is -7.3%, the latest correlation is 9.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 55.7% between ASPU and CHGG
The lowest correlation is -6.7% between ASPU and EDTK
Shares of online education company 2U (NASDAQ: TWOU) were up 20.9% today as of 11:20 a.m. ET. The surge is due to a story that Indian virtual education conglomerate Byju's submitted a buyout offer worth $1 billion, or about $15 per share, as first reported by Bloomberg. This is not the first surfacing of rumors regarding a 2U buyout.
Yahoo Finance Live anchors break down JP Morgan Chase’s recession forecast.
(Bloomberg) -- Indian online-education provider Byju’s has offered to buy 2U Inc. in a cash deal that values the US-listed edtech company at more than $1 billion, a person familiar with the matter said.Most Read from BloombergRussia Slips Into Historic Default as Sanctions Muddy Next StepsTesla Cuts 200 Autopilot Workers as California Site ClosesBig Tech Sinks Stocks Bruised by Recession Jitters: Markets WrapTrump’s Final Scene Didn’t Go According to ScriptChina Cuts Travel Quarantine in Biggest
Insider buying usually means those in the know have a lot of faith in the stock. Below are six stocks insiders are buying now. Plains All American Pipeline LP (PAA): This oil and gas pipeline company has a yield of 8.6% and a low P/E multiple. Recently a major director bought $2 million of the master limited partnership’s shares. Chegg (CHGG): Insiders have been buying this educational direct-to-student learning platform since the end of last year. Moreover, Chegg just declared a doubling of its
(Bloomberg) -- Online education provider Byju’s, India’s most valuable startup, is pushing back payments for an approximately $1 billion acquisition struck last year, according to people familiar with the matter.Most Read from BloombergRussia Slips Into Historic Default as Sanctions Muddy Next StepsBig Tech Sinks Stocks Bruised by Recession Jitters: Markets WrapMichael Burry of ‘The Big Short’ Fame Warns Fed May Alter CourseChina Cuts Travel Quarantine in Biggest Covid Zero Shift YetA $2 Trillio
Shares of Chegg Inc. rallied strongly last Friday on news of an additional big buyback authorization. Let's check out the charts of this online learning service and app. In our last review of CHGG on May 3, when a number of sell side firms cut their rating on the stock, we were bearish.
These six high-tech stocks are too cheap to ignore. The growth rates, low price-earnings multiples and high yields make them attractive value and growth stocks at the same time. Moreover, each of these tech stocks pays a solid dividend, has positive excess free cash flow (FCF), and most of them have share buyback programs. The latter helps increase the earnings per share (EPS) and the dividend per share (DPS), as well as helps push the stocks higher. Given the recent downturn in stocks, now is a
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Youdao, Inc. ( NYSE:DAO ) by taking the expected future...
Chegg (NYSE: CHGG) is an education technology company that primarily serves college students. The company thrived at the pandemic's onset as millions of students were sent home to remote learning. Chegg's resources are helpful to students both online and in person, but more so online.