Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Educational Services stocks up 0.1% on average while median return up -0.5% in a day
- Educational Services stocks up 4.5% on average while median return up 0.5% in a week
- Educational Services stocks up 5.6% on average while median return up 1.9% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $GSX 66.7%, $HMHC 53.1%, $ZVO 35.1%, $DAO 33.8%, $FEDU 30.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $ASPU -8.7%, $CAE -9.1%, $AMST -9.9%, $APEI -12.2%, $LINC -13.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $GSX 58.0%, $HMHC 43.0%, $DAO 24.5%, $FEDU 17.4%, $TAL 16.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $EDU -4.0%, $RYB -5.4%, $APEI -6.5%, $AMST -7.2%, $CAE -15.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 10.8%, for the past 3 months is 9.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 27.4%, the lowest correlation is 1.9%, the latest correlation is 14.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 77.4% between EDU and LOPE
The lowest correlation is -57.0% between BEDU and CAE
Good evening, and thank you for standing by for New Oriental's FY 2021 Second Quarter Results Earnings Conference Call. After his prepared remarks, Stephen and I will be available to answer your questions.
It's possible some investors are bullish on this opportunity with the coronavirus getting worse in China, and that complicates things for the bears.
Shares of New Oriental Education (NYSE: EDU) have gotten crushed today, down by as much as 10%, after the company reported fiscal second-quarter earnings. The company recently listed its shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, raising nearly $1.5 billion in fresh capital. "We are pleased to see the recovery of businesses for the autumn semester after the resumption of schools and learning centers since the end of September 2020," Executive Chairman Michael Yu said in a statement.
Shares of New Oriental Education (NYSE:EDU) rose 0.1% in pre-market trading after the company reported Q2 results.Quarterly Results Earnings per share rose 19.44% year over year to $0.43, which beat the estimate of $0.34.Revenue of $887,689,000 up by 13.05% from the same period last year, which beat the estimate of $885,600,000.Outlook Q3 revenue expected between $1,099,000,000 and $1,145,000,000.Details Of The Call Date: Jan 22, 2021View more earnings on EDUTime: 08:00 AMET Webcast URL: https:/...
China Distance Education Holdings Limited (NYSE: DL) ("CDEL", or the "Company"), a leading provider of online education and value-added services for professionals and corporate clients in China, today announced that it has filed its annual report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2020 with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The annual report can be accessed on the Company's investor relations website at http://ir.cdeledu.com under the section titled "Financials - Annual R...
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Inc. (the "Company" or "New Oriental") (NYSE: EDU and SEHK: 9901), the largest provider of private educational services in China, today announced its unaudited financial results for the second fiscal quarter ended November 30, 2020, which is the second quarter of New Oriental's fiscal year 2021.