Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Educational Services stocks down 1.1% on average while median return down 1.0% in a day
- Educational Services stocks down 0.4% on average while median return down -0.1% in a week
- Educational Services stocks down 4.7% on average while median return down 3.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $EDU 24.2%, $BEDU 11.9%, $LINC 9.3%, $CAE 6.6%, $EDTK 3.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $CHGG -20.3%, $CLEU -20.3%, $ARCE -21.1%, $TEDU -26.8%, $RGS -28.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $AMST 12.8%, $CLEU 9.1%, $EDTK 7.9%, $AMBO 6.7%, $EDU 5.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $LRN -6.0%, $RGS -6.8%, $TAL -7.4%, $WAFU -9.3%, $DAO -10.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 11.3%, for the past 3 months is 13.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 28.3%, the lowest correlation is 0.2%, the latest correlation is 6.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 89.7% between EDU and TAL
The lowest correlation is -58.2% between ATGE and EDTK
American Public Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: APEI) plans to release third quarter 2021 results after the close of U.S. financial markets on November 8, 2021.
CHICAGO, October 18, 2021--Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a leading workforce solutions provider and healthcare educator, has appointed two key executive leaders to further enhance capability and accelerate performance across the organization. Effective October 18, Robert Phelan has been promoted to chief financial officer (CFO) after serving as interim CFO since April 2021 and having been the company’s vice president and chief accounting officer since February 2020.
China Liberal Education Holdings Limited (Nasdaq: CLEU) ("China Liberal", the "Company", or "we"), a China-based company that provides smart campus solutions and other educational services, today noted that, on October 12, 2021, the General Office of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the General Office of the State Council jointly issued Opinions on Promoting the High-quality Development of Modern Vocational Education (the "Opinions").
MINNEAPOLIS, October 18, 2021--Regis Corporation (NYSE:RGS), a leader in the haircare industry, whose primary business is franchising technology-enabled hair salons, announces John Davi joins the company as Chief Technology Officer.
New Oriental Education & Technology Group Inc. ("New Oriental" or the "Company") (NYSE: EDU and SEHK: 9901), a provider of private educational services in China, today announced that it will hold its annual general meeting of shareholders at No. 6 Hai Dian Zhong Street, Haidian District, Beijing, People's Republic of China, on November 18, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. (local time).
SCHAUMBURG, Ill., October 14, 2021--Perdoceo Education Corporation Schedules Third Quarter Earnings Conference Call for November 4