Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Electronics/Appliance Stores stocks down 2.3% on average while median return down 1.7% in a day
- Electronics/Appliance Stores stocks down 2.2% on average while median return down 0.8% in a week
- Electronics/Appliance Stores stocks down 11.0% on average while median return down 12.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $RCII 7.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $GOED -22.3%, $GME -24.8%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $RCII 2.7%, $GOED 0.7%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $CONN -3.3%, $GME -10.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 40.9%, for the past 3 months is 23.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 64.6%, the lowest correlation is -14.5%, the latest correlation is 23.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 82.6% between BBY and RCII
The lowest correlation is 18.2% between BBY and GOED
AMC stock soared in early 2021 amid a “short squeeze." Here's what a $10,000 investment into the stock at the beginning of the year is worth now.
On Thursday, ‘meme stocks’ including Palantir, AMC and GameStop were lower in early trading as part of declines in the broader market. Julie Hyman, Brian Sozzi and Myles Udland discuss the price action in these stocks as well as other big movers.
The rise of the retail investor has been one of the biggest financial stories to come out of the COVID-19 pandemic. Retail investors poured $28 billion into the stock market in June alone, according to VandaTrack research, as first reported by the Wall Street Journal.
Conventional wisdom says that when a public company’s stock is overvalued, that company should issue new shares. Last year, Tesla rode just such a wave of investor enthusiasm to raise $12 billion in 2020. Riding its meme-fueled success on Reddit this year, the movie theater chain issued a glut of new shares.