Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Energy Minerals stocks up 0.8% on average while median return up 0.7% in a day
- Energy Minerals stocks down 0.9% on average while median return down 0.3% in a week
- Energy Minerals stocks down 18.6% on average while median return down 19.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $HNRG 15.7%, $HUSA 6.3%, $BPT 2.2%, $FRHC 0.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $NEXT -41.6%, $BATL -42.8%, $REI -43.3%, $MTR -48.7%, $INDO -59.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $PNRG 10.5%, $VOC 9.3%, $VET 8.7%, $CNQ 8.4%, $FRHC 8.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $REPX -12.7%, $INDO -14.3%, $OAS -14.6%, $HUSA -15.4%, $GBR -20.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 53.5%, for the past 3 months is 46.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 71.3%, the lowest correlation is 19.5%, the latest correlation is 64.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 93.3% between CDEV and CPE
The lowest correlation is -15.2% between AE and CKX
Stew Leonard’s CEO and President Stew Leonard, Jr. joins Yahoo Finance Live to talk about food price inflation, especially for barbecue essentials ahead of the July 4th holiday, meat prices, and consumer spending trends as gas prices continue to rise.
Days after the fracking firm announced an increased buyback authorization, Chesapeake CEO Nick Dell’Osso and Executive Chairman Michael A. Wichterich scooped up shares.
Two oil companies that will control the largest swath of the Williston basin in North Dakota formally closed their merger Friday and unveiled the $6 billion company’s new name. Denver-based Whiting Petroleum merged with Houston-based Oasis Petroleum, creating a new publicly traded oil and gas producer going by the name Chord Energy Corp. Chord’s shares are expected to start trading on the Nasdaq exchange Tuesday under the ticker symbol "CHRD." The companies say the name Chord was inspired by ...
Exxon Mobil Corp on Friday signaled skyrocketing margins from fuel and crude sales could generate a record quarterly profit, according to a securities filing. Energy prices have shot up this year with oil selling for more than $105 per barrel and gasoline at about $5 per gallon in the United States. The largest U.S. oil producer projected a sequential increase of about $7.4 billion in operating profits compared to the first quarter.
Yahoo Finance's Ines Ferre checks out markets closing this week in the green, the bond market action, the consumer discretionary sector, semiconductor stocks, and crude oil pricing.
AirDNA VP of Research Jamie Lane checks out American travel trends ahead of the July 4th weekend, demand for short and long-term rental bookings, and where some of the most expensive summer destinations are.
MIDLAND, Texas, July 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Viper Energy Partners LP (NASDAQ: VNOM) (“Viper”), a subsidiary of Diamondback Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FANG) (“Diamondback”), today announced that it plans to release second quarter 2022 financial results on August 1, 2022 after the market closes. In connection with the earnings release, Viper will host a conference call and webcast for investors and analysts to discuss its results for the second quarter of 2022 on Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 11:00
MIDLAND, Texas, July 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diamondback Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FANG) (“Diamondback”), today announced that it plans to release second quarter 2022 financial results on August 1, 2022 after the market closes. In connection with the earnings release, Diamondback will host a conference call and webcast for investors and analysts to discuss its results for the second quarter of 2022 on Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. CT. Participants may register for the call here. Access t
CoPilot CEO and Founder Pat Ryan sits down with Yahoo Finance Live to break down the demand for electric and hybrid vehicles as gas prices continue to rise, how Tesla owners are re-selling their cars, and new car pricing.
With tech stocks like Nvidia out of favor, chemicals and oil stock dominate this list of growth stocks eyeing 109%-370% gains.