Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Engineering Services stocks down 0.8% on average while median return down 0.5% in a day
- Engineering Services stocks down 5.7% on average while median return down 3.0% in a week
- Engineering Services stocks down 11.0% on average while median return down 5.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $HSC 9.4%, $HIL 8.7%, $MTRX 7.1%, $VSEC 2.1%, $BWXT 0.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $TTEK -12.1%, $WLDN -23.0%, $ENG -27.1%, $TISI -32.9%, $BEEM -35.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $HSC 6.4%, $MTRX 1.5%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $MG -5.7%, $NVEE -8.7%, $ENG -9.6%, $BEEM -11.4%, $TISI -29.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 29.7%, for the past 3 months is 25.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 58.8%, the lowest correlation is -4.9%, the latest correlation is 27.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 72.2% between ACM and FLR
The lowest correlation is -40.0% between HIL and WLDN
ANAHEIM, Calif., January 13, 2022--Willdan Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: WLDN) today announced that members of its executive team will participate in Sidoti Winter Virtual Investor Conference taking place January 19 – January 20, 2022.
Baird analyst Andrew Wittmann downgraded APi Group Corp (NYSE: APG) and NV5 Global Inc (NASDAQ: NVEE) to Neutral from Outperform with price targets of and 7, respectively. The analyst is more selective on engineering and construction stocks into 2022. Wittmann states that two years of relative sector outperformance was capped off last year with the passage of federal infrastructure stimulus legislation. While the "Build Back Better" bill remains an additional consideration, the sentiment "could
As an investor its worth striving to ensure your overall portfolio beats the market average. But in any portfolio...
AECOM's (NYSE:ACM) stock is up by a considerable 17% over the past three months. We wonder if and what role the...
Germantown technology and engineering company Amentum has tapped a federal contracting industry veteran as its new CFO. Charlie Mathis, who retired as SAIC’s CFO in early 2021, will take on that same role at Amentum, the company said Wednesday. Mathis had served as SAIC’s CFO since 2016 and previously held the CFO seats at defense contractors Force Protection Inc. and EFW Inc., as well as at commercial IT company ScanSource Inc. He still serves on the board of directors at ScanSource.
ANAHEIM, Calif., January 06, 2022--Willdan Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: WLDN) announced today that it has completed the development of New York City’s Local Law 97 (LL97) Implementation Action Plan. The implementation action plan recommends specific, scalable steps to achieve the goals set out in the legislation, and the City has committed a budget of nearly $4 billion over the next nine years to invest in New York City’s assets, facilities, and energy supply.
Five-year contract renewal ensures continuity and a reduced carbon footprint for Jindal Shadeed Iron and Steel LLC’s operations in Oman. CAMP HILL, Pa., Jan. 06, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Harsco Corporation (NYSE: HSC), a global market leader providing environmental solutions for industrial and specialty by-products, announced today that its Harsco Environmental division has renewed their contract with Jindal Shadeed Iron and Steel LLC, (JSIS) a leading iron and steel producer in Oman. With an an
Tetra Tech (TTEK) is poised to gain from projects, acquired assets, strong backlog level and shareholder-friendly policies.
NV5 Global, Inc. ( NASDAQ:NVEE ), might not be a large cap stock, but it received a lot of attention from a substantial...