Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Finance/Rental/Leasing stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up 0.5% in a day
- Finance/Rental/Leasing stocks up 1.3% on average while median return up 1.8% in a week
- Finance/Rental/Leasing stocks up 7.0% on average while median return up 6.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $ELVT 83.0%, $ASPS 39.8%, $HEES 32.2%, $OPRT 30.1%, $QFIN 27.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $HTZ -9.9%, $EOSE -27.5%, $WRLD -30.6%, $CURO -32.6%, $UHAL -89.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $WLFC 13.2%, $MFIN 11.3%, $GHLD 11.1%, $AAN 10.2%, $CNF 8.5%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $ASPS -7.4%, $FINV -10.1%, $QFIN -13.8%, $XYF -15.5%, $LX -15.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 18.4%, for the past 3 months is 22.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 30.5%, the lowest correlation is 2.4%, the latest correlation is 2.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 89.7% between ALLY and DFS
The lowest correlation is -46.6% between CNF and ENVA
Avis Budget Group is IBD Stock Of The Day as CAR stock trades in a tight range near a buy point after a huge Q3 earnings beat.
In this article, we discuss the top 10 finance stock picks of Arrowstreet Capital as of the end of the third quarter of 2021 and assess their performance over the past 12 months. To see more such stocks and their performance, go to Was Arrowstreet Capital Right About These 5 Finance Stocks? We prepared the […]
Sallie Mae (SLM) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
United Rentals (URI) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
It hasn't been the best quarter for Encore Capital Group, Inc. ( NASDAQ:ECPG ) shareholders, since the share price has...
In this article, we discuss the 12 best Nancy Pelosi stocks to buy now. If you want to read about some more Nancy Pelosi stocks, go directly to 5 Best Nancy Pelosi Stocks to Buy Now. The stock trading activities of lawmakers in the United States have always made for interesting case studies. This is […]
Ezcorp (EZPW) could be a great choice for investors looking to make a profit from fundamentally strong stocks that are currently on the move. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our "Recent Price Strength" screen.
Value investing is essentially about selecting stocks that are usually cheap but fundamentally sound. Unum Group (UNM), AerCap (AER), G-III Apparel (GIII) and Sterling Infrastructure (STRL) boast a low P/CF ratio.
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of McGrath RentCorp ( NASDAQ:MGRC ) by projecting its...
Moody's (MCO) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.