Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Financial Publishing/Services stocks up 0.7% on average while median return up 0.8% in a day
- Financial Publishing/Services stocks up 3.0% on average while median return up 3.8% in a week
- Financial Publishing/Services stocks up 3.4% on average while median return up 2.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $JRJC 16.7%, $FDS 9.9%, $ENV 8.3%, $VALU 7.6%, $DNB 6.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $MORN -0.3%, $MSCI -3.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $INFO 5.0%, $SPGI 4.5%, $JRJC 4.0%, $MCO 3.9%, $MSCI 3.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $DNB -1.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 28.7%, for the past 3 months is 24.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 43.2%, the lowest correlation is -5.9%, the latest correlation is 23.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 99.1% between INFO and SPGI
The lowest correlation is -26.8% between DNB and FDS
(Bloomberg) -- Google Bay View, the company’s newest campus, consists of three squat buildings nestled near the San Francisco Bay shoreline a few miles east of its headquarters in Mountain View, Calif. The first things visitors notice are the roofs.Most Read from BloombergGoogle’s Biggest Moonshot Is Its Search for a Carbon-Free FutureThe Biggest Public Graveyard in the U.S. Is Becoming a ParkGoogle’s CEO: ‘We’re Losing Time’ in the Climate FightHate-Speech Case Forces Japan to Confront Workplac
Out of thousands of stocks that are currently traded on the market, it is difficult to identify those that will really generate strong returns. Hedge funds and institutional investors spend millions of dollars on analysts with MBAs and PhDs, who are industry experts and well connected to other industry and media insiders on top of that. Individual investors can piggyback […]
S&P Global Platts, the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets, and Xpansiv, the global marketplace for ESG commodities, have launched a new benchmark for methane performance in natural gas production in the United States. Methane Performance Certificates (MPCs) allow a US producer to sell instruments representing zero methane emission natural gas production.
What's the use of an S&P 500 stock paying a giant dividend — like AT&T — if you're only going to miss out on price gains?
Smart Beta ETF report for WDIV
Newly released 2021 global exploration budget from S&P Global Market Intelligence's Corporate Exploration Strategies series shows that the mining exploration sector has emerged from the downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The aggregate annual global nonferrous exploration budget has increased by 35% year over year to $11.2 billion from $8.3 billion in 2020.
Is FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NYSE:FDS) a good place to invest some of your money right now? We can gain invaluable insight to help us answer that question by studying the investment trends of top investors, who employ world-class Ivy League graduates, who are given immense resources and industry contacts to put their financial expertise […]
(Bloomberg) -- Hong Kong is starting futures contracts that make it easier for international investors to bet on mainland Chinese stocks, intensifying rivalry between the city’s bourse and its Singapore counterpart.Most Read from BloombergGoogle’s Biggest Moonshot Is Its Search for a Carbon-Free FutureThe Biggest Public Graveyard in the U.S. Is Becoming a ParkGoogle’s CEO: ‘We’re Losing Time’ in the Climate FightWhy Buying a Second or Even Third Home Is Becoming More Popular Than EverOut-of-Prac
Third-quarter earnings season ramps with results from companies including AT&T, Tesla, Netflix, Verizon, American Express, J, P, Chipotle, IBM, and many others.
(Bloomberg) -- Tunisia is in “very advanced discussions” with Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates for sorely needed financial aid and talks with the IMF are ongoing, a central bank official said, as the nation’s political crisis weighs on already dire economic ills. Most Read from BloombergGoogle’s Biggest Moonshot Is Its Search for a Carbon-Free FutureThe Biggest Public Graveyard in the U.S. Is Becoming a ParkWhy Buying a Second or Even Third Home Is Becoming More Popular Than EverGoogle’