Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Food Retail stocks down 0.9% on average while median return down 1.3% in a day
- Food Retail stocks down 0.7% on average while median return down 0.7% in a week
- Food Retail stocks down 3.5% on average while median return down 4.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $KR 7.7%, $NAII 5.9%, $NGVC 4.1%, $SFM 2.2%, $VLGEA 1.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $WMT -5.3%, $IMKTA -6.0%, $GO -6.5%, $ACI -8.5%, $CBD -19.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $NAII 4.9%, $CASY 0.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $WMK -1.8%, $IMKTA -2.1%, $VLGEA -2.2%, $CBD -2.3%, $SFM -3.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 19.2%, for the past 3 months is 29.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 47.2%, the lowest correlation is -6.0%, the latest correlation is 17.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 67.7% between KR and SFM
The lowest correlation is -37.4% between NAII and WMT
The world's largest commercial drone delivery system launched by delivering blood to hospitals around Rwanda.
Although you can find almost anything on Amazon and have it delivered to your door, sometimes you end up paying for the convenience instead of scoring the best price. Dollar Tree: 5 High-Quality Items...
Walmart has a long track record of keeping costs down to maintain ultra-low prices for its customers. Customers know they can go to Walmart for rock-bottom prices. During these times, consumers typically trade down to seek values at places like Walmart.
Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) and Walmart (NYSE: WMT) have long been rivals. Walmart is mostly a conventional retailer, while Costco operates as a membership club, selling bulk products for bargain prices in exchange for a membership fee. For investors, Costco and Walmart also have similar strengths.
Shopping at Walmart isn't like shopping at other mega-retailers -- not only does Walmart have some amazing monthly deals on things like appliances, clothing and food, but it has customers who go...
Don't let stores make you spend more than you intend to. By knowing how they can trick you into overspending, you can avoid buying things you don't need.
In this article, we discuss 14 best dividend aristocrats to buy now. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend investments and the performance of dividend stocks in the past, and go directly to read 5 Best Dividend Aristocrat Stocks To Buy Now. Dividend aristocrats are companies that have raised their dividends consecutively for 25 […]
Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE) has been of the few winners in the retailing industry through the latest market downturn. Walmart and Target stocks have declined in that time. Instead of flat comparable-store sales trends, as management had initially forecast back in late October, comps rose 2%.
BENTONVILLE, Ark., March 21, 2023--Sam's Club®, a division of Walmart Inc. and a leading membership warehouse club, is announcing that advertisers can now attribute in-club purchases to their search ads. This innovation means Sam’s Club is among the first and possibly the only retail media platform to connect search and sponsored product ads to offline sales.
Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) doubled its fulfillment network footprint from 2019 through 2021, but now it's focused on precision and speed. While Amazon has gotten a lot of flack about potentially overbuilding its fulfillment network, it's not going to stop building. The investment is supporting a growing number of same-day shipments for its Prime members, and it could be the key to winning back retail sales from Walmart, Target, and other physical retailers.