Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Food Retail stocks up 0.1% on average while median return up 0.2% in a day
- Food Retail stocks up 2.3% on average while median return up 2.9% in a week
- Food Retail stocks up 7.1% on average while median return up 4.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $NAII 32.6%, $NGVC 18.2%, $IFMK 17.9%, $ACI 12.3%, $CASY 10.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $CBD -0.5%, $GO -1.9%, $VLGEA -2.1%, $WMK -4.8%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $NAII 7.3%, $SFM 6.7%, $NGVC 6.4%, $CASY 5.1%, $KR 4.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $VLGEA -0.7%, $WMK -1.3%, $WMT -2.3%, $IFMK -4.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 12.2%, for the past 3 months is 12.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 33.2%, the lowest correlation is -0.7%, the latest correlation is 7.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 55.2% between NGVC and WMK
The lowest correlation is -35.6% between KR and WMT
The retail giant may be running out of profitable opportunities
Among the Dow Jones stocks, Apple and Microsoft are among the top stocks to buy and watch in January 2021.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / January 20, 2021 / Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC notifies investors that a class action lawsuit has been filed against Walmart Inc. ("Walmart" or "the Company") (NYSE:WMT) and certain of its officers, on behalf of shareholders who purchased or otherwise acquired Walmart securities between March 30, 2016 and December 22, 2020, inclusive (the "Class Period").
Moody's also upgraded the company's senior secured term loan to B2 from B3 and assigned a speculative grade liquidity rating of SGL -1. "In addition, Petco's operating performance has been above expectations in 2020 despite the disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic, demonstrating the resilience of the pet products business and we expect momentum to continue over the next 12 months due to the growth in pet ownership and Petco's increasing e-commerce penetration coupled with the improving...
SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against Walmart Inc.
Morgan Stanley analysts revisited the entire Hardline, Broadline, and Food retail category with two upgrades and four downgrades.The Retail Analyst: Simeon Gutman upgraded:Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SBH) from Underweight to Equal-Weight, price target lifted from $9 to $13. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE: WSM) from Underweight to Equal-Weight, price target lifted from $95 to $130.The Sally Beauty Thesis: Sally Beauty operates in a defensive business category that should see growth in 2021, ...
Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, announces it has filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of purchasers of the securities of Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) between March 30, 2016 and December 22, 2020, inclusive (the "Class Period"). The lawsuit seeks to recover damages for Walmart investors under the federal securities laws.
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lowey Dannenberg P.C., a preeminent law firm in obtaining redress for consumers and investors, is investigating a potential breach of fiduciary duty claim involving the board of directors of Walmart Inc. (“Walmart” or the “Company”) (NYSE: WMT). Recently, a complaint was filed by the Department of Justice against Walmart, alleging Walmart unlawfully dispensed controlled substances from pharmacies under its control. These alleged unlawful actions came a...
Shares of Walmart (NYSE:WMT) saw some unusual options activity on Wednesday. Following the unusual option alert, the stock price moved down to $143.38. * Sentiment: BULLISH * Option Type: SWEEP * Trade Type: CALL * Expiration Date: 2021-04-16 * Strike Price: $145.00 * Volume: 550 * Open Interest: 925Three Signs Of Unusual Options Activity Exceptionally large volume (compared to historical averages) is one reason for which options market activity can be considered unusual. The volume of op...
Western Union (WU) partners with Walmart, which will benefit the latter's customers with expanded domestic and international payment services.