Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Food: Specialty/Candy stocks up 0.1% on average while median return up 0.2% in a day
- Food: Specialty/Candy stocks down 5.2% on average while median return down 1.4% in a week
- Food: Specialty/Candy stocks down 1.4% on average while median return down -2.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $LW 20.5%, $POST 14.4%, $FARM 13.6%, $DTEA 12.2%, $CALM 12.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $TR -9.7%, $LSF -13.7%, $FREEW -22.2%, $PLAG -29.7%, $PETZ -88.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $DTEA 11.1%, $CALM 5.8%, $FLO 3.7%, $FRPT 2.4%, $HSY 1.9%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $STKL -10.8%, $FREEW -15.7%, $PLAG -18.6%, $LSF -20.4%, $PETZ -86.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 10.4%, for the past 3 months is 13.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 18.4%, the lowest correlation is 0.2%, the latest correlation is 14.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 70.4% between JBSS and LANC
The lowest correlation is -62.1% between JVA and LW
Boston Beer (SAM) trims earnings view for 2021. Higher supply-chain expenses and reduced shipment volumes persist as headwinds.
Flowers Foods (FLO) has been gaining on its strategic priorities, such as developing its team, concentrating on brands, prioritizing margins and looking out for prudent mergers and acquisitions.
The coffee industry is a complex and multilayered one, including everything from producers and distributors to processors, wholesalers, and retailers. Notable names in the coffee industry include Starbucks Corp. (SBUX), J.M. Smucker Co. (SJM), and Restaurant Brands International Inc. (QSR). There is no single sector or ETF for the coffee industry, and coffee-related stocks can be found both in the consumer discretionary and consumer staples sectors.
Lamb Weston (LW) is benefiting from the robust demand in the food away-from-home channels. The company's capacity expansion efforts are also impressive.
Our extensive research has shown that imitating the smart money can generate significant returns for retail investors, which is why we track nearly 900 active prominent money managers and analyze their quarterly 13F filings. The stocks that are heavily bought by hedge funds historically outperformed the market, though there is no shortage of high profile […]
Just as we start off the new year, the KIT KAT® brand is continuing the excitement with the launch of not one, but two new products. Meet KIT KAT® Duos Strawberry + Dark Chocolate and KIT KAT® Chocolate Hazelnut THiNS, both unique and delicious flavor spins on the classic light, crispy treat.
Every investor in The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. ( NASDAQ:HAIN ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder...
When you’re talking about the best-performing stocks, for last year, it can be a tough call to make. After all, it was one of the most remarkable stock market performances of recent years, surprising even seasoned investors who have already witnessed the dramatic recovery in 2020. The S&P 500 index increased over 26.5% in 2021, making the year one of the best in the past three decades. However, not every member of the index was up or saw double-digit returns.InvestorPlace - Stock Market News, St
My position affords me a unique view of DEI practices at a Fortune 500 company. I lead a team of strategists who are always investigating how to better meet the snacking needs of our diverse consum...
The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: HAIN), a leading organic and natural products company, announced today that it is supporting families impacted by the recent Colorado wildfires through significant donations of products from several brands, including Live Clean®, Celestial Seasonings®, Alba Botanica®, Avalon Organics® and JĀSÖN®. The company has joined the WE GOT THIS project, a coalition of Colorado brands to offer lasting support and comfort to families impacted by Colorado wildfire dest