Aggregated price index with volume information
- Food: Specialty/Candy stocks up 0.3% on average while median return up -0.1% in a day
- Food: Specialty/Candy stocks down 1.4% on average while median return down 1.3% in a week
- Food: Specialty/Candy stocks down 4.4% on average while median return down 5.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $TWNK 18.7%, $FARM 18.3%, $SENEA 5.8%, $NATR 5.2%, $NAII 3.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $MTEX -17.8%, $NOMD -18.2%, $STKL -24.4%, $CVGW -25.1%, $JVA -29.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $FRPT 3.1%, $HAIN 2.1%, $NATR 2.0%, $JBSS 1.5%, $FREE 1.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $TR -3.6%, $HSY -3.8%, $CVGW -4.8%, $STKL -5.6%, $MTEX -7.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 5.1%, for the past 3 months is 6.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 20.0%, the lowest correlation is 0.3%, the latest correlation is 3.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 67.2% between FLO and MKC
The lowest correlation is -77.3% between SJM and TWNK
COTY gains from its strength across businesses, strategic priorities and debt-reducing policies.
Delving into the financial growth, competitive edges, and market leadership of McCormick & Co Inc (MKC)
Delving into the intrinsic value of McCormick (MKC) to determine its investment potential
United Natural's (UNFI) fourth-quarter fiscal 2023 results reflect loss due to increased shrinkage and reduced inflationary benefits. Management expects these headwinds to persist in fiscal 2024.
Here is how Lamb Weston (LW) and Mondelez (MDLZ) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Durango, Colorado--(Newsfile Corp. - September 27, 2023) - Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Inc. (NASDAQ: RMCF) (the "Company", "we", "Rocky Mountain Chocolate", or "RMCF"), an international franchisor and producer of premium chocolates and other confectionery products, unveiled its transformational brand refresh, including its streamlined trade name, to nearly 200 franchisees, store managers and employees attending the Company's 2023 Annual ...
Hershey Canada, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hershey (HSY), unveils the launch of HERSHEY'S OAT MADE, the company's first plant-based chocolate.
On September 25, 2023, Steven Voskuil, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of The Hershey Co (NYSE:HSY), sold 1,500 shares of the company.
A deep-dive into JM Smucker Co's intrinsic value and current market performance
Cal-Maine Foods (CALM) closed at $49.27 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.3% move from the prior day.