Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Food: Specialty/Candy stocks up 0.8% on average while median return up 0.9% in a day
- Food: Specialty/Candy stocks up 3.2% on average while median return up 3.3% in a week
- Food: Specialty/Candy stocks up 6.1% on average while median return up 7.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $NOMD 25.5%, $UTZ 19.6%, $FREE 19.2%, $LANC 17.3%, $FARM 13.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $CALM -1.3%, $STKL -8.2%, $LSF -21.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $FREE 21.8%, $STKL 10.5%, $CALM 8.7%, $FARM 6.7%, $HSY 5.5%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $LANC -1.0%, $CVGW -1.2%, $TWNK -1.9%, $LSF -9.5%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 14.8%, for the past 3 months is 20.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 40.2%, the lowest correlation is 3.5%, the latest correlation is 8.2%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 78.3% between HSY and SJM
The lowest correlation is -49.5% between FLO and STKL
Lamb Weston (LW) benefits from efforts to boost production capacity and fuel long-term growth. The company's effective pricing actions are noteworthy.
Conagra Brands (CAG) benefits from its efficient pricing actions amid an inflated cost scenario. The recovery in the foodservice business and strength in the frozen business are also upsides.
Conagra Brands, General Mills, Lamb Weston Holdings, The J. M. Smucker and MGP Ingredients are part of the Zacks top Analyst Blog.
McCormick (MKC) is increasing its presence through acquisitions to expand its portfolio. Also, the company benefits from cost-saving efforts.
Inter Parfums (IPAR) discloses expectations for 2023. Net sales and earnings per diluted share are expected to grow 8% and 9%, respectively.
We have selected five consumer staple stocks that are currently trading near their 52-week highs with more upside left.These are: MGPI, LW, GIS, CAG and SJM.
In this article, we will discuss the 15 Biggest Pet Food Companies in the World. If you want to skip our analysis of the pet food industry, go directly to the 5 Biggest Pet Food Companies in the World. The pet food industry has undergone rapid transformation over the last couple of years and has seen hefty […]
Carillon Tower Advisers, an investment management company, released its “Carillon Chartwell Mid Cap Value Fund” third quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. The market witnessed extreme volatility in the quarter, and the equity market segment returns ranged from -2% to -5%. The Russell Mid Cap Value index declined nearly […]
In this article, we will take a look at the 10 stocks skyrocketing today. If you want to check out some other stocks gaining value on Monday, go directly to These 5 Stocks are Skyrocketing Today. U.S. stocks inched lower this morning as investors feared that China might reimpose mobility restrictions following the resurgence of […]
J.M. Smucker stock was on the rise Monday after the company’s second-quarter earnings beat expectations and the jams and jellies company raised its full-year outlook. Smucker (ticker: SJM) reported second-quarter net sales of $2.21 billion and adjusted earnings of $2.40 a share. Wall Street analysts had penciled in sales of $2.17 billion and adjusted EPS of $2.18.