Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Food: Specialty/Candy stocks up 1.3% on average while median return up 1.5% in a day
- Food: Specialty/Candy stocks up 0.5% on average while median return up 1.5% in a week
- Food: Specialty/Candy stocks down 1.6% on average while median return down -1.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CVGW 25.0%, $FDP 19.6%, $JJSF 12.2%, $LANC 9.8%, $STKL 8.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $DTEA -12.0%, $FREE -13.4%, $JVA -17.6%, $LSF -19.8%, $FRPT -21.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $FDP 10.8%, $STKL 5.4%, $POST 5.4%, $TWNK 3.8%, $HAIN 3.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $FREE -3.4%, $JVA -4.8%, $MKC -5.9%, $DTEA -7.1%, $FRPT -11.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 22.3%, for the past 3 months is 20.5%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 35.0%, the lowest correlation is 1.7%, the latest correlation is 21.4%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 81.3% between FLO and LANC
The lowest correlation is -47.0% between BRID and RMCF
The J.M. Smucker (SJM) has been benefiting from the recovery in the Away from Home division, a solid coffee business and pricing amid the rising cost inflation.
Lamb Weston, a maker of french fries, is the S&P 500's top performer in the second quarter. AT came in second.
Companies in The News Are: GIS,MKC,BBBY,PDCO
As investors digest Kellogg's decision to split the food conglomerate into three separate companies, the next question on analysts' minds — who's next?
Lamb Weston (LW) is benefiting from a recovery in the Foodservice business. Also, its effective pricing actions are yielding.
Yahoo Finance’s Ines Ferre joins the Live show to break down how stocks are moving in intraday trading.
General Mills said higher prices helped lift sales in the recently ended quarter even as the food maker sold fewer items across the board. Organic sales, which strip out effects from currency fluctuations and mergers, rose 13%. Inflation isn’t expected to let up soon: General Mills forecast costs to rise at a double-digit rate over the next year, with more cost cuts and price increases planned to try to protect profits.
General Mills (GIS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 10.89% and 1.85%, respectively, for the quarter ended May 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
We have narrowed our search to five U.S. corporate giants that have offered more than 10% returns year to date. These are: ADM, HSY, LMT, MPC and VLO.
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Flowers Foods, Inc. ( NYSE:FLO ) by taking the expected...