Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- The momentum of the sector is very strong.
- Forest Products stocks up 1.4% on average while median return up 1.4% in a day
- Forest Products stocks up 5.4% on average while median return up 6.5% in a week
- Forest Products stocks up 15.3% on average while median return up 13.2% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $TREX 23.1%, $JELD 22.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $JELD 7.6%, $LPX 7.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 69.5%, for the past 3 months is 75.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 93.2%, the lowest correlation is 34.8%, the latest correlation is 34.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 82.1% between BCC and UFPI
The lowest correlation is 56.7% between BCC and TREX
As economist John Maynard Keynes once observed, "Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." It's tough to buy into what looks like the teeth of a bear market for construction as rising interest rates put a significant damper on demand. Mortgage rates are currently around 5.5% and pressure from the Federal Reserve could cause them to rise to over 6% in 2023 and possibly above 7%.
JELD-WEN Holding, Inc. (NYSE: JELD), a leading global manufacturer of building products, announced today that it will release fourth quarter and full year 2022 results before the market opens on Tuesday, February 21, 2023. The company will hold a conference call to discuss the results at 8 a.m. ET that same day.
BOISE, Idaho, January 23, 2023--Boise Cascade Company (Boise Cascade) (NYSE: BCC) announced today the planned addition of its 10th door shop. Located in Kansas City, this new 150,000 sq. ft. millwork facility is expected to begin production in June 2023.
Trex Company Announces New Products for 2023 Trex Fire Pit - Round Trex Fire Pit - Round Trex Transcend Lineage - Carmel Trex Transcend Lineage - Carmel WINCHESTER, Va., Jan. 23, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- When it comes to outdoor living, Trex Company (NYSE:TREX) sets the standard and consistently raises the bar for style, performance and aesthetics. This year, the world’s largest manufacturer of wood-alternative decking and railing, and leader in high-performance, low-maintenance outdoor products
If we want to find a potential multi-bagger, often there are underlying trends that can provide clues. One common...
BOISE, Idaho, January 17, 2023--Boise Cascade Company (Boise Cascade) (NYSE: BCC) today announced the retirement of Rich Viola, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Building Materials Distribution (BMD) division, effective March 1, 2023.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., January 16, 2023--UFP Retail Solutions, a segment of UFP Industries, Inc., will feature new and innovative products from Deckorators and UFP-Edge at IBS 2023.
Boise Cascade (BCC) closed the most recent trading day at $70.69, moving -0.63% from the previous trading session.
The housing market is grinding to a halt. Rising mortgage rates and still-elevated commodity prices caused new single-family housing starts to decline 4% in November (the latest period), while residential permits tumbled 11% for the period. The National Association of Home Builders housing market index sits just above the lowest point hit during the onset of the pandemic.
When you buy shares in a company, it's worth keeping in mind the possibility that it could fail, and you could lose...