Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Furniture Stores stocks down 1.9% on average while median return down 2.3% in a day
- Furniture Stores stocks up 0.2% on average while median return up -3.9% in a week
- Furniture Stores stocks up 13.4% on average while median return up 14.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $AAN 17.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $AAN 10.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $HVT -5.3%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 36.1%, for the past 3 months is 53.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 92.4%, the lowest correlation is -14.1%, the latest correlation is 25.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 43.6% between HVT and RH
The lowest correlation is 24.7% between AAN and HVT
Past performance isn't a guarantee of future returns in the stock market, but it is a good indicator. Winners tend to keep on winning in the stock market, after all, and outperformance isn't usually an accident. It comes from having a set of competitive advantages that give a company pricing power and allow for strong growth, as well as a skilled management team and a product that customers want.
Shares of Williams-Sonoma and Restoration Hardware are both down after receiving downgrades from Barclays due to the weakening housing cycle.
Yahoo Finance Live anchors discuss a Barclays analyst's decision to downgrade Williams-Sonoma and RH stocks to Equal Weight from Overweight as home goods spending slows.
Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc. ( NYSE:HVT ) stock is about to trade ex-dividend in four days. The ex-dividend date...
In this article, we discuss Warren Buffett’s 10 newest investments in 2022. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out Warren Buffett’s Stock Portfolio and 5 Newest Investments in 2022. Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway acquiring a $4.1 billion stake in chipmaker Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (NYSE:TSM) during the third quarter […]
Wedbush on Friday cut its rating on Restoration Hardware Inc. to neutral from outperform and trimmed its 12-month price target to $270 from $274. "With RH steadfast in protecting its brand without discounting, this has contributed to mounting market share losses," analyst Seth Basham said in a research note. Basham said a potential course-correction in the company's strategy and deteriorating macro outlook also motivated his rating downgrade. Shares of Restoration Hardware fell 3.6% in premarket
The Aaron's Company, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a leading, technology-enabled, omnichannel provider of lease-to-own and retail purchase solutions, today announced the donation of 225 mattresses to Atlantans relocated from the Forest Cove apartments to a new community.
RH (RH) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
HAVERTYS (NYSE:HVT and HVT.A) announced today, that its board of directors authorized a special cash dividend to be paid on the outstanding shares of the two classes of $1 par value common stock of the company at a rate of $1.00 per share on the common stock and $0.95 per share on the Class A common stock.
HAVERTYS (NYSE:HVT and HVT.A) announced today the election of Michael R. Cote to the company's board of directors. A proven leader with a customer-focused philosophy, Cote joins the board as a director, effective Nov.