Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Gene Therapy stocks up 0.2% on average while median return up 0.0% in a day
- Gene Therapy stocks down 4.3% on average while median return down 3.7% in a week
- Gene Therapy stocks up 12.2% on average while median return up 7.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $VYGR 65.5%, $CRSP 31.7%, $SLDB 27.0%, $MGTX 23.8%, $RCKT 21.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $RGNX -2.4%, $BLUE -3.3%, $BMRN -4.3%, $SGMO -21.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $CRSP 4.1%, $SLDB 2.7%, $ABEO 1.3%, $CAPR 0.2%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $VYGR -8.5%, $QURE -8.6%, $RGNX -9.2%, $MGTX -13.0%, $SRPT -14.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 25.4%, for the past 3 months is 27.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 41.5%, the lowest correlation is 6.3%, the latest correlation is 41.5%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 69.8% between BMRN and NTLA
The lowest correlation is -27.6% between ABEO and FIXX
BioMarin (BMRN) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Gene-editing healthcare therapies and renewable energy are two of the strongest trends today and for the next few years. Both sectors are worthy of sizable investments, particularly if you're looking to make long-term investments. CRISPR (clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats) gene editing was discovered in 2012, and has the potential to revolutionize some aspects of health care.
CRISPR Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CRSP) and Teladoc Health (NYSE: TDOC) both score a win when it comes to innovation in healthcare. CRISPR has developed a gene-editing approach that aims to fix faulty genes responsible for disease. Teladoc leads in telemedicine, allowing patients to visit doctors from the comfort of an armchair at home.
In this piece, we will take a look at 14 best biotechnology stocks to buy according to hedge funds. For more stocks, head on over to 5 Best Biotech Stocks To Buy According To Hedge Funds. Biotechnology is one of the hottest sectors these days. A handful of industries, such as space exploration, artificial intelligence, […]
Q1 2023 Abeona Therapeutics Inc Earnings Call and Portfolio Update Conference Call
The FDA pushed back its review of a highly anticipated gene therapy from Sarepta Therapeutics on Wednesday, prompting SRPT stock to tumble.
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SRPT), which focuses on genetic treatments for rare diseases, were down 11.5% Wednesday afternoon after the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) pushed back its Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) date on a Duchenne muscular dystrophy therapy candidate. The biotech stock is up less than 1% so far this year. The FDA gave Sarepta good news and bad news on Wednesday regarding the company's gene transfer therapy, SRP-9001 (delandistrogene moxeparvovec), des...
The FDA informed Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: SRPT) that it requires modest additional time to complete the review of its SRP-9001 (delandistrogene moxeparvovec) for Duchenne muscular, including final label negotiations and postmarketing commitment discussions. Last week, FDA's Cellular, Tissue and Gene Therapies Advisory Committee (CTGTAC) voted 8 to 6 in support of accelerated approval of Sarepta's SRP-9001. The agency has extended the review date from May 29 to June 22. Following discuss
With that said, let's consider two biotech stocks, neither of which is a household name, that could deliver solid returns over the next five years and more: Exelixis (NASDAQ: EXEL) and Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SRPT). Oncology is one of the most fiercely competitive therapeutic areas in the biotech industry. Exelixis, a mid-cap biotech, is just a small player in the field.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc said the U.S. drug regulator deferred an accelerated approval decision for its gene therapy for a muscle wasting disorder to June 22 from May 29, sending its shares tumbling 16% before the bell. The deferral followed a meeting of the regulator's external advisers less than two weeks ago, where the panel narrowly backed an accelerated approval for the Duchenne muscular dystrophy therapy with 8-6 votes. The regulator, however, indicated that it could potentially grant an...