Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Gene Therapy stocks up 2.9% on average while median return up 1.2% in a day
- Gene Therapy stocks up 5.9% on average while median return up 3.8% in a week
- Gene Therapy stocks down 5.6% on average while median return down 4.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $BLUE 8.4%, $RCKT 3.6%, $CAPR 3.1%, $MGTX 1.3%, $SRPT 1.1%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $RGNX -10.4%, $RARE -13.2%, $EDIT -16.7%, $ADVM -18.1%, $FIXX -31.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $RCKT 29.0%, $RGNX 15.6%, $BLUE 12.6%, $MGTX 11.4%, $QURE 8.4%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $BMRN -0.1%, $RARE -0.2%, $SGMO -1.0%, $ADVM -1.6%, $EDIT -3.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 47.7%, for the past 3 months is 41.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 74.6%, the lowest correlation is 16.1%, the latest correlation is 64.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.4% between EDIT and SGMO
The lowest correlation is 2.6% between ADVM and CAPR
- New data highlight that a single intravitreal injection of Ixo-vec can lead to stable and persistent aflibercept expression through three years resulting in fluid control supporting favorable vision outcomes, as well as decreasing treatment burden by an 81-98% reduction in mean annualized anti-VEGF injections - The 2x10^11 vg/eye (2E11) dose meaningfully reduced fluid volume, including a 93% reduction in intraretinal (IRF) and 55% reduction in subretinal fluid (SRF) from baseline to week 48 -
Sarepta Therapeutics and Albemarle are among several companies in the IBD 50 whose stocks are above their 10-week lines.
A biopharmaceutical company has asked the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to approve a gene therapy invented at Nationwide Children's Hospital to treat a fatal form of muscular dystrophy. If successful, it would be the second therapy from the Columbus institution to hit the market. Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. announced Thursday that it submitted the Biologics License Application for the Duchenne muscular dystrophy treatment, named SRP-9001 for now.
If approved, BioMarin's (BMRN) valoctocogene roxaparvovec will be the first gene therapy for hemophilia A in the United States. The FDA filing also incorporates BMRN's responses to the CRL issued to the BLA in 2020.
If approved, Sarepta's (SRPT) SRP-9001 will be the first gene therapy for DMD indication in the United States. The company seeks approval for gene therapy under the accelerated pathway.
Shares of gene therapy company Bluebird Bio (NASDAQ: BLUE) were up by a healthy 12.4% on heavy volume as of 11:16 a.m. ET Friday morning. The biotech's stock appears to be getting a boost from both a broad upward trend across the biotechnology space today, as well as from rumors circulating on social media about a possible buyout. Bluebird scored two approvals from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) earlier this year for its one-and-done gene therapies: Skysona for cerebral adrenoleukodyst...
CRANBURY, N.J., September 30, 2022--Rocket Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: RCKT), a leading late-stage biotechnology company advancing an integrated and sustainable pipeline of investigational genetic therapies for rare childhood disorders with high unmet need, today announces positive clinical updates from its Phase 1 Danon Disease Trial for RP-A501 through an oral poster session at the Heart Failure Society of America (HFSA) Annual Scientific Meeting 2022. This includes updated safety and effic
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ: BMRN) announced today that the Company resubmitted a Biologics License Application (BLA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its investigational AAV gene therapy, valoctocogene roxaparvovec, for adults with severe hemophilia A. The resubmission incorporates the Company's response to the FDA Complete Response (CR) Letter for valoctocogene roxaparvovec gene therapy issued on August 18, 2020, and subsequent feedback, including two-year outcomes f