Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- General Medical and Surgical Hospitals stocks up 0.8% on average while median return up 0.8% in a day
- General Medical and Surgical Hospitals stocks up 2.2% on average while median return up 0.3% in a week
- General Medical and Surgical Hospitals stocks up 15.4% on average while median return up 5.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $RHE 130.1%, $SSY 46.7%, $CYH 30.5%, $THC 26.0%, $ENSG 11.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $HNGR -2.3%, $UHS -6.0%, $FVE -9.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $CYH 20.6%, $SSY 9.2%, $THC 8.5%, $EHC 6.0%, $AVCO 5.1%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $NHC -2.3%, $SEM -2.6%, $HNGR -2.7%, $UHS -3.4%, $RHE -6.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 16.2%, for the past 3 months is 23.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 39.3%, the lowest correlation is -2.6%, the latest correlation is 18.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 77.6% between ENSG and NHC
The lowest correlation is -57.4% between NFH and SGRY
Anthem (ANTM) is likely to have witnessed increased revenues and a rise in membership during Q4, offset by an escalating expense level.
UnitedHealth's (UNH) fourth-quarter results benefit from higher revenues and return of healthcare utilization to normalcy level, partly offset by higher costs.
Acadia Healthcare (ACHC) has been benefiting from growing demand for behavioral health services, high revenues and solid cash flows.
Escalating expense level and weak patient volumes make Ensign Group (ENSG) an unattractive bet.
Hanger, Inc. (NYSE: HNGR), a leading provider of orthotic and prosthetic patient care services and solutions, announced today that members of its management team will participate in presentations and meetings with institutional investors at the 39th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference taking place Jan. 11-14, 2021.
Hanger (HNGR) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank 1 (Strong Buy).
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Ensign Group (ENSG) acquires three skilled nursing facilities in Southern California, which further reinforces its efforts to strengthen nationwide presence.
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif., Jan. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Ensign Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ENSG), the parent company of the EnsignTM group of companies, which provide skilled nursing and assisted living services, physical, occupational and speech therapies and other rehabilitative and healthcare services, announced today that it acquired the operations of three skilled nursing facilities in Southern California. The acquisitions were effective January 1, 2021 and will be subject to a long-ter...
Acadia Healthcare (ACHC) to divest its U.K. business to Waterland for concentrating on its mental health business in the United States.