Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Gig Economy stocks down 1.4% on average while median return down 2.2% in a day
- Gig Economy stocks up 2.4% on average while median return up 1.7% in a week
- Gig Economy stocks down 0.6% on average while median return down 2.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $UBER 18.4%, $GIGE 0.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $LYFT -3.3%, $PIXY -18.4%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $FVRR 12.2%, $GIGE 5.5%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $PIXY -2.9%, $LYFT -4.4%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 43.6%, for the past 3 months is 27.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 77.6%, the lowest correlation is 15.9%, the latest correlation is 20.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 85.4% between FVRR and GIGE
The lowest correlation is 0.4% between PIXY and UBER
In this article, we will discuss the top 10 stocks being bought by George Baxter’s Sabrepoint Capital as of the second quarter of 2021. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Baxter’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, go directly to George Baxter’s Sabrepoint Capital is Buying These 5 Stocks. George Baxter, […]
In this article, we discussed billionaire Nicholas J. Pritzker’s investment philosophy and his venture capital investments. We also reviewed the top stock picks of billionaire Nicholas J. Pritzker’s Tao Capital. You can skip our detailed discussion on Pritzker’s investment philosophy and top stock picks, and jump directly to the 4 Top Stock Picks of Billionaire […]
Average fares on Uber Technologies (NYSE: UBER) and Lyft (NASDAQ: LYFT) have been going up and aren't likely to go back down. Motley Fool analyst Jason Moser analyzes that story and discusses Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) getting a very early jump on its "Black Friday" deals. To catch full episodes of all The Motley Fool's free podcasts, check out our podcast center.
Buy low, sell high. You've no doubt heard that investing advice plenty of times. And it has worked well through the years in many cases. However, there's another approach that also can be quite effective: Buy high, sell higher.
How do you pick the next stock to invest in? One way would be to spend days of research browsing through thousands of publicly traded companies. However, an easier way is to look at the stocks that smart money investors are collectively bullish on. Hedge funds and other institutional investors usually invest large amounts of […]
Buying a stock is easy, but purchasing the right stock without a proven strategy is incredibly hard. Here are the best Robinhood stocks to buy now.
(Bloomberg) -- Saudi Arabia has slapped several technology firms, including Uber Technologies Inc. and its Dubai-based subsidiary Careem, with tax bills worth tens of millions of dollars, according to people with knowledge the matter.Most Read from BloombergGoogle’s Biggest Moonshot Is Its Search for a Carbon-Free FutureThe Biggest Public Graveyard in the U.S. Is Becoming a ParkGoogle’s CEO: ‘We’re Losing Time’ in the Climate FightHate-Speech Case Forces Japan to Confront Workplace RacismWhy Buy
Evercore ISI analyst Mark Mahaney issued a “tactical outperform” call on Uber stock, while keeping his Outperform rating and $70 target price.
Netflix and Uber make Evercore's outperform list, while Facebook is put on the firm's underperform list.
Uber’s average pricing has fallen 10% below Lyft's, according to new research from RBC analyst Brad Erickson.