Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Gig Economy stocks down 4.6% on average while median return down 4.5% in a day
- Gig Economy stocks down 8.6% on average while median return down 10.1% in a week
- Gig Economy stocks down 16.9% on average while median return down 26.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $PIXY 3.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $UBER -27.5%, $FVRR -28.3%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $LYFT -10.8%, $UBER -14.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 7.0%, for the past 3 months is 14.7%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 62.5%, the lowest correlation is -14.0%, the latest correlation is 8.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 82.2% between LYFT and UBER
The lowest correlation is -51.7% between LYFT and PIXY
(Bloomberg) -- The Diem Association, a group of Facebook Inc. and 25 other companies and nonprofit groups once known as Libra, is moving its main operations to the U.S. and partnering with a bank to issue a cryptocurrency backed by U.S. dollars.The new plan includes an agreement with Silvergate Capital Corp., a prominent player in the cryptocurrency industry, which will issue the coin and manage Diem’s reserve of U.S. dollars, the association said Wednesday in a statement.Diem said it’s still bu...
(Bloomberg) -- Bird Rides Inc. will go public by merging with a blank-check company, securing a new source of capital after venture capitalists largely lost interest in money-losing scooter rental startups.A special purpose acquisition company called Switchback II Corp. will take Bird public and provide as much as $428 million in funding to the business. The deal has an enterprise value of about $2.3 billion, the companies said in a statement Wednesday.The transaction includes private funding fr...
Walmart invested in Cruise, and that could make driverless delivery accessible to millions of customers over time.
California clean-air regulators want nearly all trips on Uber and Lyft ride-hailing platforms to be in electric vehicles, mandating costly measures that the companies call unrealistic without more public subsidies for EVs. The proposed rules by the California Air Resources Board (CARB), expected to pass on May 20, mandate that EVs account for 90% of ride-hailing vehicle miles traveled by 2030. And yet the firms are pushing back on the CARB effort to force the transition, arguing taxpayers shou...
California clean-air regulators want nearly all trips on Uber and Lyft ride-hailing platforms to be in electric vehicles, mandating costly measures that the companies call unrealistic without more public subsidies for EVs. The proposed rules by the California Air Resources Board (CARB), expected to pass on May 20, mandate that EVs account for 90% of ride-hailing vehicle miles traveled by 2030.
(Bloomberg) -- Masayoshi Son is now in the history books for delivering the largest-ever quarterly profit for a Japanese company, but he’s still having a hard time getting the respect he thinks he deserves.SoftBank Group Corp. on Wednesday reported net income of 1.93 trillion yen ($17.7 billion) for the three months ended March 31, with essentially all of that coming from Son’s successful investment in the newly public Coupang Inc. That’s nearly twice the 1 trillion yen tally from the next highe...
Delivery Hero on Wednesday announced plans to re-enter its home market of Germany next month, less than two years after it sold its operations in the country to Dutch rival Just Eat Takeaway.
Uber Technologies Inc (NYSE: UBER) and Lyft Inc (NASDAQ: LYFT) will offer free of cost two-way vaccination rides till July 4 under a partnership with the U.S. government to provide a minimum of one vaccine dose to 70% of the U.S. population following a decline in vaccination demand, Bloomberg reports. The government will not be reimbursing the ride-hailing companies for the rides whose business was jeopardized by the pandemic. Both the companies expressed their desire to the government to be a p...
Buying a stock is easy, but purchasing the right stock without a proven strategy is incredibly hard. Here are the best Robinhood stocks to buy now.
A shareholder resolution asking Uber to be more transparent about its lobbying spending failed this week, but the investors who proposed it are vowing to keep pressure on the ride-hailing and delivery company.