Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Gold Ore Mining stocks down 0.3% on average while median return down 0.1% in a day
- Gold Ore Mining stocks up 6.1% on average while median return up 5.3% in a week
- Gold Ore Mining stocks down 0.1% on average while median return down 1.9% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $KOR 16.8%, $KL 10.9%, $GFI 10.3%, $FNV 10.2%, $HMY 9.9%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $MUX -13.0%, $CDE -15.1%, $GORO -18.2%, $VGZ -26.0%, $PLL -29.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $GSS 26.8%, $EMX 13.5%, $IAG 10.9%, $WRN 10.9%, $AUY 10.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $BVN -4.0%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 53.3%, for the past 3 months is 52.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 71.1%, the lowest correlation is 12.1%, the latest correlation is 32.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 87.7% between BTG and KGC
The lowest correlation is -26.4% between KOR and LODE
The short-term outlook for gold prices looks bullish, reasons Goldman Sachs. Here's why.
CHICAGO, July 06, 2021--Coeur Mining, Inc. ("Coeur" or the "Company") (NYSE: CDE) today announced that it will report its second quarter 2021 operational and financial results after the New York Stock Exchange closes for trading on Wednesday, July 28, 2021. The Company will be hosting a conference call at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (10:00 a.m. Central Time) on Thursday, July 29, 2021.
Gold has long been regarded as a safe haven in times of market turmoil. Gold stocks, as represented by the VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX), have underperformed the broader market over the past year as the U.S. and other economies have begun to recover amid the global pandemic.