Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Home Furnishings stocks up 2.2% on average while median return up 1.8% in a day
- Home Furnishings stocks down 4.0% on average while median return down 4.7% in a week
- Home Furnishings stocks down 11.8% on average while median return down 8.7% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $BSET 14.5%, $CRWS 1.8%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $NTZ -15.4%, $AZEK -15.9%, $OC -18.2%, $SNBR -24.7%, $DXYN -30.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $BSET 8.9%, $OC 2.5%, $CRWS 2.4%, $MHK 0.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $HOFT -6.8%, $DXYN -7.0%, $TPX -10.1%, $SNBR -10.5%, $FLXS -15.7%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 50.5%, for the past 3 months is 37.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 70.6%, the lowest correlation is 20.1%, the latest correlation is 51.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 89.1% between SNBR and TPX
The lowest correlation is -13.3% between CRWS and DXYN
In this article, we discuss 10 stocks in trouble as Americans cut back on spending. If you want to see more stocks in this list, check out 5 Stocks In Trouble as Americans Cut Back on Spending. The New York Times reported on June 29 that consumer spending in Q1 2022 grew only 0.5%, compared […]
In this article, we will be taking a look at 10 extreme dividend stocks with upside potential. To skip our detailed analysis of dividend investing, you can go directly to see the 5 Extreme Dividend Stocks with Upside Potential. Dividend investing has been an attractive prospect for individual investors and hedge funds alike for many years. […]
When a single insider purchases stock, it is typically not a major deal. However, when multiple insiders purchase...
The excitement of investing in a company that can reverse its fortunes is a big draw for some speculators, so even...
La-Z-Boy Incorporated ( NYSE:LZB ), is not the largest company out there, but it received a lot of attention from a...
La-Z-Boy stock was rising Wednesday after the residential furniture maker reported record sales and operating income for its fiscal fourth quarter. La-Z-Boy (ticker: LZB) reported an adjusted profit of $1.07 a share, beating forecasts for $0.92 a share, on sales of $685 million, topping expectations of $665 million. La-Z-Boy’s strategy of raising prices offset higher input costs and supply chain disruptions, notes Bradley Thomas of KeyBanc Capital Markets.
In this article, we will look at 9 value stocks to buy in 2022 according to David Abrams. If you want to skip reading about David Abrams’ investment philosophy and his hedge fund’s performance, you can go directly to 4 Value Stocks to Buy in 2022 According to David Abrams. David Abrams started his investment […]
Yahoo Finance Live anchor Julie Hyman breaks down the stat of the day which looks at how much stocks fell during recessions going back to World War II.
Yahoo Finance Live anchors discuss fourth-quarter earnings for La-Z-Boy.