Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Home Improvement Chains stocks down 3.9% on average while median return down 3.7% in a day
- Home Improvement Chains stocks down 5.3% on average while median return down 5.3% in a week
- Home Improvement Chains stocks down 8.8% on average while median return down 9.0% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $TTSH -9.2%, $FND -16.0%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $HD -5.5%, $FND -7.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 65.3%, for the past 3 months is 45.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 82.1%, the lowest correlation is 20.2%, the latest correlation is 82.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.3% between HD and LOW
The lowest correlation is 54.0% between HD and TTSH
Northfield, MN, based Investment company Carlson Capital Management (Current Portfolio) buys Distillate U.S.
Breaking financial news from Investopedia including financial markets, retail reports, and cryptocurrencies,
Investment company MADDEN SECURITIES Corp (Current Portfolio) buys Pinnacle West Capital Corp, Intel Corp, PayPal Holdings Inc, Skyworks Solutions Inc, PROSHARES TRUST, sells Arrival, DraftKings Inc, The Trade Desk Inc, Moderna Inc, Kellogg Co during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, MADDEN SECURITIES Corp.
Sherwin-Williams sounds yet another alarm on inflation.
Lowe's Companies, Inc., The Southern Company and Freeport-McMoRan Inc are included in this analyst blog.
Wall Street Horizon VP of Research Christine Short joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss December retail sales data and the outlook for retail earnings.
Griffon (GFF) receives HSR clearance and will soon complete the acquisition of Hunter Fan. The buyout is predicted to be immediately accretive to the company's earnings and cash flow.
Investment company Charles Schwab Trust Co (Current Portfolio) buys iShares Core U.S. Aggregate Bond ETF, Vanguard S&P 500 ETF, iShares Core S&P 500 ETF, Vanguard Short-Term Government Bond ETF, Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF, sells Schwab U.S.
Yahoo Finance's Brad Smith discusses how U.S. retail sales declined over the holiday season due to inflation, a staff shortage, and worries about Omicron.
Papa John's (PZZA) focuses on providing a better customer experience with enhancements to the digital ordering process. However, inflationary pressures are a concern.