Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels stocks down 3.5% on average while median return down 3.3% in a day
- Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels stocks down 1.7% on average while median return down -0.1% in a week
- Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels stocks down 10.3% on average while median return down 7.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $RHP -7.5%, $WH -11.3%, $PK -15.6%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $MTN 1.5%, $HLT 1.3%, $WH 0.3%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $BALY -1.3%, $RHP -6.6%, $PK -6.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 62.1%, for the past 3 months is 64.3%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 83.5%, the lowest correlation is 25.2%, the latest correlation is 78.8%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.6% between PK and RHP
The lowest correlation is 21.7% between BALY and RHP
Ryman Hospitality Properties (RHP) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
Vail Resorts, Inc. ( NYSE:MTN ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next 4 days. Typically, the ex-dividend date is...
In this piece, we will take a look at the 26 companies that donate to nonprofits. For more companies, head on over to 5 Companies that Donate to Nonprofits. Corporate greed is always a popular topic in the press. And, firms are to blame for some extent as well. There are well known examples of […]
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, the world's largest hotel franchisor with approximately 9,100 hotels spanning more than 95 countries, today announced a new agreement with Groups360 to bring instant online multi-room bookings to Wyndham hotels in 2023.
TYSONS, Va., March 15, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Park Hotels & Resorts Inc. (NYSE: PK) (“Park” or the “Company”) announced today that the Company has declared a first quarter cash dividend of $0.15 per share of common stock. The dividend will be paid in cash on April 17, 2023 to stockholders of record as of March 31, 2023. Forward-Looking StatementsThis press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of
Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE:MTN) Q2 2023 Earnings Call Transcript March 9, 2023 Operator: Good afternoon, and welcome to the Vail Resorts Fiscal 2023 Second Quarter Earnings Call. Today’s conference is being recorded. Currently, all callers have been placed in a listen-only mode and following management’s prepared remarks, the call will be opened up for your […]
Companies In The News Are: GPS, ULTA, MTN, MEI.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, the world's largest hotel franchising company with approximately 9,100 hotels in 95+ countries, today announced it has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for 2023 by Ethisphere, which honors companies demonstrating business integrity through best-in-class ethics, compliance, and governance practices. Wyndham stands alone as the only major hotel company to be honored for 2023, marking the third time Wyndham has been recognized for this distinguished acc
Truist Securities analyst Patrick Scholes reiterated a Hold rating on the shares of Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) and lowered the price target from $292 to $262. MTN reported overall revenues up 21.5% y/y to $1.102 billion, above the analyst's expectation of $1.075 billion. Total EBITDA was $397 million, a result well below the analyst's $465 million estimate and EPS of $5.16 was lower than the analyst's expectation of $6.32. While the company had not provided specific 2Q financial guidance, in
Vail Resorts' (MTN) second-quarter fiscal 2023 results are benefited from strong destination guest visitation and robust pass product revenues.