Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels stocks up 1.5% on average while median return up 1.7% in a day
- Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels stocks up 2.7% on average while median return up 1.9% in a week
- Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels stocks up 8.1% on average while median return up 6.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $MTN 22.2%, $HGV 13.4%, $BALY 13.0%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $WH -0.6%, $PK -4.2%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $MTN 11.7%, $PK 3.1%, $RHP 2.5%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $BALY -0.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 61.7%, for the past 3 months is 71.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 89.6%, the lowest correlation is 10.7%, the latest correlation is 61.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 88.7% between PK and RHP
The lowest correlation is 37.1% between BALY and WH
In this article, we will discuss the 15 largest hotel chains in the US in 2022. If you want to skip our discussion on the hospitality sector, go directly to the 5 Largest Hotel Chains in the US in 2022. Despite the rising inflation and interest rates, the pent-up demand for traveling following the ease […]
Vail Resorts (MTN) focuses on technological enhancements to target guest outreach and improve conversion. However, higher labor costs are a concern.
AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Phunware, Inc. (NASDAQ: PHUN) (the “Company”), a fully-integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides products, solutions, data and services for brands worldwide, announced today that its Smart Hospitality Solution is being launched at all Gaylord Hotels owned by Ryman Hospitality Properties, LLC (NYSE: RHP) and operated by Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) (“Marriott”) portfolio of brands. The Gaylord Hotels brand consists
BJ's Wholesale Club, H&R Block, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Live Nation Entertainment and Hyatt Hotels are included in this Analyst Blog.
We have narrowed our search to five consumer discretionary stocks that have strong potential for the rest of 2022. These are: H, WH, LYV, HRB and BJ.
In this piece, we will take a look at the top ten hospitality companies in the world. For more companies, take a look at Top 5 Hospitality Companies in the World. The hospitality industry has started to make a strong recovery from the pandemic-era losses, even though the Russian invasion of Ukraine and soaring inflation […]
MARKET PULSE Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. (HLT) on Friday said it approved the repurchase of an extra $2.5 billion under its existing share buyback program. The authorization brought the total amount currently allowed for repurchases to roughly $3.
MCLEAN, Va., November 11, 2022--The Board of Directors of Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. (NYSE: HLT) today authorized the repurchase of an additional $2.5 billion of common stock under the Company's existing stock repurchase program, bringing the total amount currently authorized for future repurchases to approximately $3.4 billion.
RICK vs. MTN: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
It's the most wonderful – and disorderly – time of the year. As airline travel spikes this holiday season, so will inevitable flight delays and cancellations, leaving down-on-their-luck travelers looking for shelter in unfamiliar locales. To help these last-minute guests recapture being home for the holidays, Lowe's, the expert in home, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts are teaming up to offer an unforgettable experience in an unlikely place: airport hotels.