Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Hotels/Resorts/Cruiselines stocks down 0.1% on average while median return down -0.0% in a day
- Hotels/Resorts/Cruiselines stocks up 4.9% on average while median return up 2.6% in a week
- Hotels/Resorts/Cruiselines stocks up 4.8% on average while median return up 0.1% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $TH 74.6%, $STAY 16.9%, $CCL 9.7%, $RRR 7.6%, $CUK 7.6%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $IHG -0.8%, $MCRI -1.5%, $PLYA -2.0%, $CZR -2.1%, $CVEO -10.9%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $TH 44.0%, $NCLH 10.2%, $CCL 9.1%, $CZR 8.3%, $CUK 7.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $CHH -0.3%, $PLYA -0.3%, $GHG -1.9%, $HTHT -3.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 32.8%, for the past 3 months is 29.2%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 40.7%, the lowest correlation is 7.5%, the latest correlation is 16.9%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 98.8% between CCL and CUK
The lowest correlation is -43.5% between MTN and RLH
Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. disclosed Friday in its proxy statement that Chief Executive Christopher Nassetta's total compensation in 2020 increased to $55.87 million from $21.37 million in 2019. The total comp included a decrease in base salary to $350,000 from $1.29 million, as executive salaries were cut a result of the pandemic, but a increase in the value of stock awards to $49.52 million from $12.94 million. Elsewhere, the value of options awards rose to $4.57 million from $4.31 million...
The S&P 500 and the Dow hit record highs on Friday as economy-linked stocks including banks and industrials gained on optimism around strong U.S. economic growth. Financial stocks rose 0.6%, more than any other S&P sector, with Bank of America Corp, Citigroup Inc and JPMorgan Chase & Co rising between 0.5% and 0.9%.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today the opening of Andaz Bali, marking the entry of the vibrant Andaz brand into Indonesia. Offering a contemporary take on the traditional Balinese village and its way of life, Andaz Bali is located in the heart of Sanur, a quaint seaside village known for its old-world charm, picturesque beaches and spectacular sunrises.
Gerald Chertavian, Year Up founder & CEO, joins 'Influencers with Andy Serwer' to discuss how the pandemic has widened the opportunity gap in the United States.
Equity funds have attracted more than half a trillion dollars in the past five months, exceeding inflows recorded over the previous 12 years, according to data from BofA, which has likened the stampede to a "melt-up" in markets. It was followed by a massive $40 million bet in the U.S. options market on Thursday that the Cboe Volatility Index - often called Wall Street's fear gauge - will break above the 25 level and rise towards 40 by mid-July. The VIX is currently trading around 17 points, th...
As of late, it has definitely been a great time to be an investor in Target Hospitality Corp. (TH).
Five of the nation's largest banks are asking shareholders to reject racial equity resolution audit less than a year after the Black Lives Matter movement
Hyatt Hotels Corporation ("Hyatt" or the "Company") (NYSE: H) announced today that it will release first quarter 2021 financial results on Tuesday, May 4, 2021, after market close, followed by a conference call on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 11:30 a.m. CT. Participants may listen to a simultaneous webcast of the conference call, which may be accessed through the Company’s website at investors.hyatt.com. An archive of the webcast will be available on the Company’s website for 90 days.
Blackstone has been active recently. This time the private equity giant, alongside Starwood Capital, is acquiring Extended Stay America.