Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Hotels/Resorts/Cruiselines stocks up 0.2% on average while median return up 0.1% in a day
- Hotels/Resorts/Cruiselines stocks down 0.9% on average while median return down 0.3% in a week
- Hotels/Resorts/Cruiselines stocks up 7.5% on average while median return up 4.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $RRR 15.1%, $PLYA 13.9%, $WH 12.4%, $H 11.2%, $HLT 9.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $RCL -1.9%, $NCLH -2.0%, $CUK -4.8%, $CCL -5.4%, $TH -8.1%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $MTN 2.9%, $CVEO 1.7%, $IHG 1.7%, $MSC 1.0%, $GHG 0.8%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $TH -3.2%, $RCL -3.6%, $NCLH -4.1%, $CUK -5.3%, $CCL -5.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 43.1%, for the past 3 months is 41.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 60.0%, the lowest correlation is 10.1%, the latest correlation is 13.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 98.4% between CCL and CUK
The lowest correlation is -33.1% between MSC and STAY
The most you can lose on any stock (assuming you don't use leverage) is 100% of your money. On the other hand, if you...
While the hotel industry is recovering better than many analysts anticipated, Marriott's stock already accounts for that, Evercore said.
Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), one of the world's largest lodging franchisors, announced an update to its 2021 third quarter investor conference call time. The company will now hold a conference call at 8 a.m. Eastern Time, Thursday, November 4, 2021, during which Patrick Pacious, president and chief executive officer, and Dominic Dragisich, chief financial officer, will discuss the company's performance. The company will also report its 2021 third quarter financial results at ap
HOUSTON & CALGARY, Alberta, October 18, 2021--Civeo Corporation (NYSE:CVEO) announced today that it has scheduled its third quarter 2021 earnings conference call for Thursday, October 28, at 10:00 a.m. Central Time (11:00 a.m. Eastern Time). During the call, Civeo will discuss financial and operating results for the quarter, which will be released before the market opens on Thursday, October 28, 2021.
In this article, we discussed billionaire Nicholas J. Pritzker’s investment philosophy and his venture capital investments. We also reviewed the top stock picks of billionaire Nicholas J. Pritzker’s Tao Capital. You can skip our detailed discussion on Pritzker’s investment philosophy and top stock picks, and jump directly to the 4 Top Stock Picks of Billionaire […]
In this article we are going to use hedge fund sentiment as a tool and determine whether Playa Hotels & Resorts N.V. (NASDAQ:PLYA) is a good investment right now. We like to analyze hedge fund sentiment before conducting days of in-depth research. We do so because hedge funds and other elite investors have numerous Ivy […]
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) announced today that Executive Vice President and Global Chief Human Resources Officer David Rodriguez, Ph.D. will step down from his role at the end of October and retire at the end of 2021 after a distinguished 23-year career with the company. The company also announced that long-time Marriott Human Resources executive, Ty Breland, Ph.D., has been named to succeed Rodriguez.
Solidifying St. Regis Hotels & Resorts' position as a leader in luxury, the iconic brand expects to expand its existing portfolio of 15 curated resorts with plans to debut eleven new enchanted escapes by 2025 in some of the world's most coveted leisure destinations, including locales most desired by the next generation of luxury travelers within the Caribbean, North America, North Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific. St. Regis has 49 open hotels and resorts today, with 29 hotels and resorts in
Target Hospitality Corp. ("Target Hospitality", "Target" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: TH), North America's largest provider of vertically integrated modular accommodations and value-added hospitality services, today announced that it will release its third quarter 2021 financial results before the market opens on Friday, November 12, 2021. The Company has also scheduled a conference call for Friday, November 12, 2021, at 9:00 am Eastern Time (8:00 am Central Time) to discuss the results.
The 800+ hedge funds and famous money managers tracked by Insider Monkey have already compiled and submitted their 13F filings for the second quarter, which unveil their equity positions as of June 30th. We went through these filings, fixed typos and other more significant errors and identified the changes in hedge fund portfolios. Our extensive […]