Aggregated price index with volume information
- Industrial Specialties stocks up 0.5% on average while median return up 0.4% in a day
- Industrial Specialties stocks up 1.3% on average while median return up 0.2% in a week
- Industrial Specialties stocks down 6.0% on average while median return down 5.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $ASPN 38.7%, $CLMT 7.9%, $LAKE 5.6%, $NTIC 3.9%, $EML 1.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $DQ -17.7%, $TSE -24.5%, $EVA -27.7%, $REFR -29.4%, $LWLG -31.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $ASPN 28.4%, $EVA 13.2%, $OLN 7.2%, $CBT 3.4%, $FUL 3.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $CSWI -2.0%, $TSE -3.0%, $LWLG -6.3%, $CC -6.9%, $REFR -6.9%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 13.8%, for the past 3 months is 13.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 26.9%, the lowest correlation is -2.4%, the latest correlation is 17.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 83.5% between AXTA and PPG
The lowest correlation is -44.3% between CCF and CIIG
In this article, we will take a look at the 25 biggest stocks with negative beta. To see more such companies, go directly to 5 Biggest Stocks with Negative Beta. Stock markets were in see-saw mode before the Fed’s September decision on rate hikes. Markets gained on September 11 after positive data from China and […]
If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for...
Finding stocks expected to beat quarterly earnings estimates becomes an easier task with our Zacks Earnings ESP.
Investors need to pay close attention to Chemours (CC) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
The Sherwin-Williams Company (NYSE: SHW) will issue a press release announcing its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2023, prior to the opening of the market on Tuesday, October 24, 2023. At that time, a copy of the press release and information regarding Sherwin-Williams' financial condition, reportable segment results and other information will be available by clicking on this link Sherwin-Williams Press Releases, then clicking on the reference to the October 24 relea
Olin Corporation (NYSE: OLN) announced today that on Friday, October 27, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern time, Olin's senior management will review the company's third quarter 2023 financial results. Prepared remarks will be followed by a question and answer period.
An In-depth Analysis of H.B. Fuller Co (FUL)'s Fair Valuation
PITTSBURGH, September 28, 2023--PPG (NYSE: PPG) today announced that it has received two notable honors from retail partner The Home Depot as part of the retailer’s annual Supplier Partnership Meeting. The GLIDDEN® floor paint and concrete stain product line by PPG featuring COOL SURFACE TECHNOLOGY™ formulation was named a 2023 Innovation Award winner – second runner up, and PPG was named as the Supplier Diversity Tier II Partner of the Year.
Northern Technologies International's (NASDAQ:NTIC) stock is up by a considerable 21% over the past three months...
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.