Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Integrated Oil stocks up 0.8% on average while median return up 0.3% in a day
- Integrated Oil stocks up 3.9% on average while median return up 1.6% in a week
- Integrated Oil stocks up 9.8% on average while median return up 8.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $SBOW 100.9%, $ESTE 40.4%, $AMPY 24.0%, $IMO 23.0%, $APA 22.2%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $CNX -1.0%, $SNP -1.5%, $INDO -2.7%, $AXAS -21.2%, $ENNVW -37.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $SBOW 53.0%, $CKX 13.5%, $ESTE 10.6%, $AMPY 9.2%, $YPF 9.0%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $XOM -1.7%, $VNOM -1.8%, $BP -2.2%, $OVV -2.5%, $CNX -2.6%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 38.9%, for the past 3 months is 37.4%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 63.6%, the lowest correlation is 11.3%, the latest correlation is 24.0%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 86.7% between E and EQNR
The lowest correlation is -33.4% between CKX and DEN
When weighing oil stocks to buy, consider which ones are diversified and which are focused more on shale or particular regions.
The Dow Jones fell in today's market while the Nasdaq led on the downside. The tech-heavy index continued deeper below its key 50-day moving average.
Governance advisor Pensions & Investment Research Consultants (PIRC) on Wednesday recommended shareholders of Chevron Corp cast votes against Chief Executive Michael Wirth at the company's upcoming shareholder meeting. PIRC urged opposition to Wirth because of the company's combined board chairman and CEO roles. The No. 2 U.S. oil producer also faces several climate and governance proposals that London-based PIRC said it supports.
Fund's largest buys of the 1st quarter
Governance advisor Pensions & Investment Research Consultants (PIRC) on Wednesday recommended Exxon Mobil Corp shareholders vote in favor of four hedge fund nominees in a bitter proxy fight seeking to overhaul the oil giant's board. Exxon and activist hedge fund Engine No. 1 are battling over board seats and Exxon's strategy to meet demands for lower-carbon energy.
Higher commodity price realizations aid W&T Offshore (WTI) in Q1 earnings.
Top Ranked Value Stocks to Buy for May 12th