Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Investment Banks/Brokers stocks down 0.9% on average while median return down 0.9% in a day
- Investment Banks/Brokers stocks down 0.9% on average while median return down 1.8% in a week
- Investment Banks/Brokers stocks up 1.8% on average while median return up -0.3% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $HKIB 32.5%, $SCHW 17.1%, $WHG 13.8%, $HLI 13.2%, $CS 12.5%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $NDAQ -7.9%, $NOAH -8.6%, $CBOE -9.1%, $MKTX -10.3%, $TIGR -17.5%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $HKIB 28.4%, $WHG 4.7%, $AMRK 4.4%, $SCHW 4.1%, $CS 3.5%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $PIPR -5.2%, $SII -5.2%, $JPM -5.5%, $OPY -6.2%, $JEF -6.8%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 23.7%, for the past 3 months is 18.9%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 44.1%, the lowest correlation is -0.6%, the latest correlation is 23.7%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 91.5% between GS and MS
The lowest correlation is -46.9% between AMRK and LYL
Kansas City, MO, based Investment company Scout Investments, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys Freeport-McMoRan Inc, Cboe Global Markets Inc, Baker Hughes Co, Eaton Corp PLC, Hormel Foods Corp, sells Horizon Therapeutics PLC, Pioneer Natural Resources Co, Devon Energy Corp, EOG Resources Inc, Southwest Airlines Co during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Scout Investments, Inc..
Shares of popular next-generation exercise machine company Peloton Interactive (NASDAQ: PTON) ended the week on a down note. The stock fell by nearly 4% on Friday, after it was dropped from a high-profile equity index. After market hours on Thursday, Nasdaq (NASDAQ: NDAQ) announced that Peloton stock would no longer be on its Nasdaq-100 Index.
Three of the largest U.S. banks reported their results. Key points are that loan growth remains a wild card, costs are higher, and trading is weak.
NEW YORK, January 14, 2022--JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) ("JPMorgan Chase" or the "Firm") has declared dividends on the outstanding shares of the Firm’s Series DD, EE, GG, JJ, KK, LL & MM preferred stock. Information can be found on the Firm’s Investor Relations website at https://www.jpmorganchase.com/ir/news.
The Dow closed lower on Friday with a big drag from financial stocks as investors were disappointed by fourth quarter results from big U.S. banks, which cast a shadow over the earnings season kick-off. The Nasdaq and the S&P regained lost ground in afternoon trading to close higher. Meanwhile the consumer discretionary stocks put pressure on the indexes throughout the session after morning data showed a December decline in retail sales and a souring of consumer sentiment.
The Dow Jones traded lower in today's stock market while the Nasdaq drifted off morning highs but held near break-even.
Crypto-related job postings in the U.S. surged 395% in 2021 from a year before, a sign of the industry's expansion, according to a recent analysis by LinkedIn.
As the Fed gears up to raise interest rates, banks are poised to benefit from higher revenue from the loans they extend.
(Bloomberg) -- JPMorgan Chase & Co. fell the most since 2020 after the company said compensation and other costs jumped in the fourth quarter ahead of an expected surge this year.Most Read from BloombergCannabis Compounds Prevented Covid Infection in Laboratory StudyFrequent Boosters Spur Warning on Immune ResponseSupreme Court Blocks Biden’s Shot-or-Test Rule for WorkersSay Goodbye to Self-Isolating, WFH Mandates, Mass TestingDjokovic’s Australian Visa Canceled Again in Public InterestExpenses
While big U.S. bank bosses were optimistic on the economic outlook on Friday, pointing to an uptick in some lending businesses and a jump in consumer spending, investors were skeptical on the growth outlook for the sector. JPMorgan Chase & Co, Citigroup Inc and Wells Fargo & Co, bellwethers of the U.S. economy, reported combined profits of $19 billion for the fourth quarter, each comfortably beating analyst estimates. Bank shares across the board were down 2.1%, with only Wells Fargo bucking t...