Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Investment Banks/Brokers stocks down 1.9% on average while median return down 2.2% in a day
- Investment Banks/Brokers stocks down 0.9% on average while median return down -0.5% in a week
- Investment Banks/Brokers stocks down 13.4% on average while median return down 9.6% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $BGCP 20.6%, $MKTX 6.3%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $TIGR -20.8%, $GHL -23.1%, $RILY -26.0%, $SCHW -29.6%, $CS -68.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $AMRK 6.8%, $RJF 5.3%, $SF 5.2%, $LPLA 4.9%, $IBKR 4.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $TIGR -2.6%, $RILY -2.7%, $SCHW -5.5%, $WHG -16.9%, $CS -57.6%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 40.3%, for the past 3 months is 29.1%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 62.9%, the lowest correlation is 1.2%, the latest correlation is 47.6%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 92.2% between EVR and JEF
The lowest correlation is -29.6% between COWN and NOAH
ATLANTA & NEW YORK, March 22, 2023--Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE: ICE), a leading global provider of data, technology and market infrastructure, will hold its 2023 Annual Meeting of Stockholders virtually on Friday, May 19, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time. Stockholders of record as of the close of business on Tuesday, March 21, 2023 are entitled to participate in, vote and submit questions at the Annual Meeting. Stockholders will also be able to submit questions in advance of the meeting
The Fed chairman also said there is no reason to think the problems that led to Silicon Valley Bank’s downfall are systemic.
MINNEAPOLIS, March 22, 2023--Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (NYSE: AMP), today announced that 67 of its financial advisors were named to the 2023 Barron’s "Top 1,200 Financial Advisors" list. Barron’s recognizes the industry’s top advisors according to several factors including levels of ethical standards, professionalism and success in the business. The rankings are based on data provided by more than 4,000 of the nation’s most productive advisors.
ZURICH—The chairman of Switzerland’s largest bank received an urgent call last week. On the other end were three top Swiss officials who delivered an ultimatum dressed up as a proposal. UBS Group needed to rescue its failing rival, Credit Suisse Group AG.
US distressed debt investors and corporate litigators are preparing to fight the Swiss government over its decision to write down $17bn of Credit Suisse bonds as part of the bank’s shotgun marriage with UBS. Switzerland provoked the ire of bond investors when the government used an emergency ordinance to write down the bonds to zero, even as it orchestrated a deal where UBS will pay $3.25bn to shareholders. “If this is left to stand, how can you trust any debt security issued in Switzerland, o...
Even with recent turmoil, Founding Partner and Managing Director of venture capital firm Khosla Ventures Samir Kaul says SVB is "one of the safest banks to bank with." Kaul told Yahoo Finance's Rachelle Akuffo that Khosla Ventures recommends companies keep some of their money at SVB, citing to FDIC's move to ensure 100% of all deposits. The firm, alongside several other venture capitalists, originally came out in support of SVB almost two weeks ago, issuing a joint statement encouraging companie...
Angry investors are parking metaphorical tanks on Paradeplatz in Zurich’s financial district. Holders of $17bn in Credit Suisse AT1 bonds are squaring up for a legal fight with Switzerland. Swiss authorities wiped out $17bn of the securities when they engineered a takeover of the struggling lender by UBS.
Morgan Stanley shows improving price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating
The current banking crisis has its roots in pandemic-induced low interest rates, a panel of experts told Yahoo! Finance Live. "The Fed made a terrible mistake to keep interest rates so low for so long," says Gillian Tett, U.S. editor-at-large at the Financial Times. She says the financial system is geared to preferring lower rates, and that the Fed's continued hawkishness shows the central bank is trying to "overreact and jam on the brakes to atone for the big mistake it made earlier." A period ...
UBS Group AG will likely shrink Credit Suisse Group's $10 billion shipping portfolio that it inherited as part of its emergency takeover on Sunday, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday. UBS could also try to sell the portfolio, but doing so could prompt owners to move their accounts elsewhere, the WSJ reported, citing people familiar with the matter. Credit Suisse did not immediately respond to a request for comment.