Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Iron Ore Mining stocks down 6.1% on average while median return down 5.2% in a day
- Iron Ore Mining stocks down 6.1% on average while median return down 6.8% in a week
- Iron Ore Mining stocks up 12.8% on average while median return up 11.4% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* 20 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 20 days SMA price) / 20 days volatility. 50 days Price Zscore = (Today price - 50 days SMA price) / 50 days volatility.
* 12-26 Days Percentage Price Oscillator = (12 days EMA price - 26 days EMA price) / 26 days EMA price * 100
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $CLF 25.7%, $BBL 11.4%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $RIO -7.2%, $CLF -8.6%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 81.3%, for the past 3 months is 74.6%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 90.0%, the lowest correlation is 44.3%, the latest correlation is 44.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 98.8% between BBL and BHP
The lowest correlation is 58.3% between CLF and VALE
Coast Capital CIO and founding partner James Rasteh joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss why he is bullish on European equities, his outlook for gold mining stocks, and what he considers to be the failing state of the ESG industry.
Albemarle (ALB) to expand production capacity at its Nevada site to meet high demand for domestic lithium supply.
The Government of Mongolia is considering terminating and replacing the development and financial plan for the Oyu Tolgoi copper mine in the country, Rio Tinto-controlled Turquoise Hill Resources said on Monday. The government has advised Rio Tinto it is dissatisfied with the miner's plans to achieve production from the Oyu Tolgoi copper mine in the country for development capital of $6.75 billion, Turquoise Hill Resources said. Oyu Tolgoi is one of the world's largest-known copper and gold de...
LyondellBasell (LYB) gains on higher demand for polyethylene, its investment in the HDPE project, the buyout of A. Schulman and its joint venture with Sasol.
Top Ranked Momentum Stocks to Buy for January 8th
Agnico Eagle (AEM) agrees to acquire all outstanding common shares of TMAC Resources at a price of C$2.20 per share.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: ArcelorMittal, Ubiquiti, Rio Tinto, General Motors and Liberty Broadband
Outgoing U.S. President Donald Trump's administration is moving to loosen mining regulations and green light new mineral projects before leaving office this month, with successor Joe Biden unable to reverse some of the changes. Administration officials tell Reuters they plan to publish a raft of decisions on Jan. 15 that will expand miners' access to federal lands, give final approval to Lithium Americas Corp's Nevada lithium mine and approve a land swap for a Rio Tinto Ltd Arizona copper mini...
With iron ore prices on an uptrend this year aided by demand from China, we suggest adding stocks like BHP Group (BHP), Rio Tinto (RIO), Vale (VALE) and Fortescue Metals (FSUGY) to your portfolio.