Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Iron Ore Mining stocks down 3.4% on average while median return down 2.0% in a day
- Iron Ore Mining stocks up 2.1% on average while median return up 2.6% in a week
- Iron Ore Mining stocks up 15.6% on average while median return up 14.5% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are $VALE 19.0%, $RIO 16.7%
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $VALE 4.4%, $RIO 2.6%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $CLF -1.1%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 60.1%, for the past 3 months is 61.0%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 93.8%, the lowest correlation is -1.7%, the latest correlation is 77.3%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 97.9% between BBL and BHP
The lowest correlation is 30.7% between CLF and RIO
DraftKings and Spectrum Brands gained on earnings and Nike led the Dow Jones today, as stocks rose after April payrolls data.
Spot iron ore broke $200 (£143) a tonne for the first time, while copper, which is seen as a bellwether of the health of the global economy, hit more than $10,200 per tonne in London on Friday.
DraftKings and Spectrum Brands rose on earnings, Nike led the Dow Jones today, as stock futures hovered ahead of April payrolls data.
BHP (BHP) closed the most recent trading day at $78.37, moving +1.52% from the previous trading session.
Popular and Rio Tinto are two of the 10 non-U.S.-based growth stocks currently showing on IBD's Global Leaders stock screen.
A slim market rally faded as the Biden administration backed lifting Covid vaccine patents. But 10 stocks flashed buy signals, including several energy and commodity plays.
MELBOURNE (Reuters) -A majority of Rio Tinto's shareholders rejected the global miner's executive pay packages on Thursday, in a backlash over its destruction last year of ancient rock shelters in Western Australia. Rio Tinto blasted 46,000-year-old rock shelters at Juukan Gorge last May to expand an iron ore mine, sparking condemnation from investors, politicians, its own staff and the wider community. Following the company's Australian annual meeting, Rio Tinto said more than 60% of votes c...
Rio Tinto has suffered a major revolt by shareholders over the exit package handed to former chief executive Jean-Sébastien Jacques, who quit last year following the destruction of an ancient Aboriginal site in Western Australia. More than 60 per cent of the votes cast at the miner’s annual meetings in London and Sydney were against its remuneration report, making it the most significant rebellion this year against a UK-listed company on pay. The resolutions put before shareholders, however, a...