Aggregated price index
Aggregated price index with volume information
- Iron Ore Mining stocks down 1.8% on average while median return down 1.3% in a day
- Iron Ore Mining stocks down 0.2% on average while median return down 0.3% in a week
- Iron Ore Mining stocks down 11.1% on average while median return down 11.8% in a month
- When average return is significantly different from median return, this implies an asymmetry - composite return is driven by some outliners.
Aggregated price index (close) is based on equal weighted constituencies returns. Average short volume and average total volumes are averaged across all volume data among constituencies.
Click on + to show price series and click on ticker for stock detail page
* P/E and MarketCap are refreshed daily using IEX Cloud service. P/B, P/S, PEG, growth, short%, HelbyInstitute are refreshed weekly using Yahoo feeds. For latest stock stats please visit Yahoo Finance.
* Price Patter: / is upward trend, \ is downward trend, - is sideway. Click on the ticker to go to stock page to see Bayesian Trend model plot of the time series.
* Channel and change points are derived from Bayesian Trend model, where the channel slope is the growth rate while change points are those the model partition the time series.
- 1M winners are : Winners for past month are
- 1M losers are : Losers for past month are $BHP -13.2%, $RIO -13.7%
- 1W winners are : Winners for past week are $VALE 0.8%, $CLF 0.5%
- 1W losers are : Losers for past week are $BHP -1.1%, $RIO -1.2%
Index correlation analysis
Correlation for the past month is 69.7%, for the past 3 months is 62.8%
In the past month for a 5 days rolling window, the highest corrrelation is 89.9%, the lowest correlation is -5.4%, the latest correlation is 45.1%
When a correlation deviated from the normal level and goes lower or even negative, it indicates some of stocks have deviated from the normal direction of the group. The deviation could reverse if long term level of correlation was at a higher level. It creates trading opportunities and deserves study whether the deviation is idiosyncratic or systematic.
Among pairwise correlation, the highest correlation is 96.8% between BHP and RIO
The lowest correlation is 46.8% between CLF and VALE
Rio Tinto's and Adidas are part of the Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day article.
The Mining-Miscellaneous Industry is currently in the top 30% of over 248 Zacks Industries and Rio Tinto's (RIO) stock is standing out with a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) and overall "A" VGM grade for the combination of Value, Growth, and Momentum.
LONDON, March 22, 2023--Rio Tinto is marking World Water Day 2023 by making public detailed information about annual surface water usage across its global network of managed sites in 35 countries, through an interactive map on its website riotinto.com/water.
The U.S. Forest Service plans to re-publish an environmental report before July that will set in motion a land swap between the U.S. government and Rio Tinto , allowing the mining giant to develop the controversial Resolution Copper project in Arizona. The move would be the latest blow to Native Americans who have long opposed the mine project, which would destroy a site of religious importance but supply more than a quarter of U.S. copper demand for the green energy transition. The complex ca...
RIO, SMFG and DTEGY made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) income stocks list on March 21, 2023.
(Bloomberg) -- Australian coal miner New Hope Corp. says it will look at mines being jettisoned by BHP Group Ltd. and others as diversified producers move away from the fossil fuel.Most Read from BloombergUS Studies Ways to Insure All Bank Deposits If Crisis GrowsUBS to Buy Credit Suisse in $3.3 Billion Deal to End CrisisJPMorgan Owned the LME ‘Nickel’ That Was Actually Bags of StonesMorgan Stanley Strategist Says Bank Stress Signals Bear Market EndVanguard Said to Shutter Business in China, Exi
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Rio Tinto has more work to do to protect Indigenous cultural heritage at its mines around the world, according to an independent audit of its practices, the world's biggest iron ore miner said on Monday. Rio Tinto commissioned the audit as part of a pledge to overhaul its practices after it destroyed culturally significant rock shelters at Juukan Gorge in Western Australia for an iron ore mine in 2020. The report noted improved practices particularly at Rio's iron ore operations but found it ...
Key Insights The considerable ownership by individual investors in BHP Group indicates that they collectively have a...
MELBOURNE, Australia, March 19, 2023--Rio Tinto today published an independent report based on a global audit of its Cultural Heritage Management compliance and performance – one of a number of steps it is taking to continue to find better ways to manage and protect heritage.